Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am

MW wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Judging by the media release there would still be footy played at the ground next year. Just none by the Senior Men.... So the witch hunt to replace them with Soccer seems a bit unfounded at this stage as otherwise the whole club would have been turfed. It’s an enormous statement to make by directly targeting the Senior Men’s sides.

My info is it is not related to the Soccer whatsoever although the Soccer club are not disappointed that this has happened as it opens up a big opportunity for them.

Post from the Cove FC shows they are strong supporters of it

Cove.jpg
Cove.jpg (198.05 KiB) Viewed 7085 times

"I do not want the Council to overturn their decision..."
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am

vics01 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Judging by the media release there would still be footy played at the ground next year. Just none by the Senior Men.... So the witch hunt to replace them with Soccer seems a bit unfounded at this stage as otherwise the whole club would have been turfed. It’s an enormous statement to make by directly targeting the Senior Men’s sides.

All sides Men, Woman and Junior are out.

Council Page.

What about the women’s and junior teams?
The actions of some of the members will, unfortunately, have an impact on the rest of the club
Council hopes the women’s and junior teams can continue to play football in some format next year
Council hopes that the SANFL and the Southern Football League will help find the Cove Cobras a venue for the women’s and junior teams to play

https://www.marion.sa.gov.au/about-coun ... C2Ii--3WXI

PS I don't think anybody on this page give flying **** about what happens in the Barossa

Yeah I’ve now heard a bit more so what I stated was incorrect. It’ll be very interesting to see how this pans out.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 am

MW wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Judging by the media release there would still be footy played at the ground next year. Just none by the Senior Men.... So the witch hunt to replace them with Soccer seems a bit unfounded at this stage as otherwise the whole club would have been turfed. It’s an enormous statement to make by directly targeting the Senior Men’s sides.

My info is it is not related to the Soccer whatsoever although the Soccer club are not disappointed that this has happened as it opens up a big opportunity for them.

So Soccer didn't put any complaints into the council and have never had a disagreement with the football club?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby marbles » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:29 am

What are some alternative ovals in the area?

I heard the council was peeved that cove didnt join div 7 ammos so theyve given them the ass

No hope of winning games so no hope of of flourishing revenues :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am

marbles wrote:I heard the council was peeved that cove didnt join div 7 ammos so theyve given them the ass

No hope of winning games so no hope of of flourishing revenues :)

This is not constructive to the current situation the club finds itself in. Consider this your first and only warning.

Pull your head in and don't go fishing for reactions
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:39 pm

heater31 wrote:Pull your head in and don't go fishing for reactions

Looks like he caught one.. ;) :lol:

Anyway in other news, would the Marion Council be open to leasing another venue to Cove or will they need to consider relocating to Holdfast bay or Onkas?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Reading the Councils released statement

- Juniors and Women yes
- Senior Men no
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
heater31 wrote:Pull your head in and don't go fishing for reactions

Looks like he caught one.. ;) :lol:

Anyway in other news, would the Marion Council be open to leasing another venue to Cove or will they need to consider relocating to Holdfast bay or Onkas?

Hackham and Lonsdale are the only obvious places down south that could be used on alternate weekends, but most SFL clubs have their ovals running from Saturday morning to Sunday night with the increase of female footy.

Id suggest that the council has just placed a line in the sand and they will negotiate their way back into the facility with some pretty strict terms, if they can't then who knows if the club can survive.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby MW » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:

So Soccer didn't put any complaints into the council and have never had a disagreement with the football club?

No idea.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 pm

In all seriousness, who would have thought any club would have been kicked
out of their clubrooms before smackham. They should change their name to the cats given how many lives they have used up
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby sportsfan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Reading between the lines here & purely speculating as I do not know all of the facts.

It just seems a little ironic that 1 - 2 years ago the council proposed to build a bmx track & soccer pitches at O'halloran hill but it was scrapped because it exceeded what was put aside for the project, then earlier this year (as afc mentioned previously) it was minuted at a council meeting to explore the option of relocating the footy club. I believe possibly to Capella Oval (near skate ramp) & bring the soccer juniors from there up to the main complex.

Whilst the soccer club certainly wouldn't be complaining about the current situation, the main issue for the last few years is the need for a larger or separate facilities due to soccer's growing popularity & women's footy boosting the footy club participants. I'm sure if the council invested in building a new oval in the vacant paddock or decent clubrooms at an alternate ground (Capella for instance) there could be a good resolution for the 2 major sports clubs in the area. Let's just hope that all parties can come to a sensible resolution in the coming weeks.
sportsfan

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Cove - Copy.jpg
Cove - Copy.jpg (48.93 KiB) Viewed 5645 times

Suspiciously this post has now been removed by the soccer club. Their President's comment to the media was most telling:

Cove Soccer Club chairman David Brain backed the council’s decision.
“As chairman of the soccer club I fully endorse the council’s action,” Brain said.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... e34745cc3d

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Look Good In Leather on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 am

Of course they do because it benefits the Soccer club! Nothing wrong with them saying that.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:17 am

Mind you not sure how the oval is an asset to them with a cricket pitch right in the middle, maybe they are working on getting them out as well?

One wonders if the council would take this action if the club was right in the middle of their zone, not right on the edge which Cove is.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:45 pm

I noticed the 3 Seaford Giants posts from SA Footballer on FB have now all gone to heaven. :oops: :lol:
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:52 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I noticed the 3 Seaford Giants posts from SA Footballer on FB have now all gone to heaven. :oops: :lol:

Silly season doing it’s best work :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Oldman Munga » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
MW wrote:

Cove.jpg

Rather ironic if my info is correct that the councillor representing the ward covering the Community Club is also on the SOCCER CLUBS COMMITTEE

Dont know about you LGIG but I was more than impressed by the turnout last night , but by the same token a tad dissapointed that you and I appeared to be the only reps from rival clubs showing support for them despite TK acknowledging the many messages he had received from across the SFL COMMUNITY
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:Mind you not sure how the oval is an asset to them with a cricket pitch right in the middle, maybe they are working on getting them out as well?

One wonders if the council would take this action if the club was right in the middle of their zone, not right on the edge which Cove is.

Soccer is played in winter

Many amatuer clubs play on ovals where there are cricket pitches including turf pitches
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Saw on facebook that the Cove BMX & other sporting clubs at the complex were vandalised last night. Things getting nasty if true.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby heater31 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:51 pm

cracka wrote:Saw on facebook that the Cove BMX & other sporting clubs at the complex were vandalised last night. Things getting nasty if true.
Or opportunistic wankers....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL