Adelaide Crows 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Postby stan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:18 am

whufc wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s pretty dramatic that a bloke comes out and says he’s parting ways with the club and will play anywhere - All whilst still contracted and before the club has even found a new coach... Reading in to it a little further you would think that during the interview process of all new coaches so far that everyone of them doesn’t want him at the club. Jenkins should hold the aces here being contracted, but to come out like he has shows vulnerability and there is a bit more to this one for me.

If there is a positive out of all this at least we have ripped the scab off the list and started turning towards the next chapter in the club in terms of getting in new talent. Where we have been going especially this year was leading us towards the bottom in 2-3 years. Even if that happens say next year then at least that is 1-2 less years of ******* around.

His probably just sick of being the whipping boy of a whole club and state. The Mitch March of the Adelaide Crows and South Australia Football.
The thing is after his first stint in the SANFL this season he came back and was Adelaide best forward up until he got injuried. Then came back underdone and struggled. Honestly I thought his form was reasonable enough be would hold his spot, but I guess not.

Still he is another one that has been effected by Adelaide slow ball movement and a guy that can genuinely ruck and play forward is valuable.

What I think is that he will capture his best form again in a side that has better and cleaner ball users through the middle. For example he would go well at Collingwood and the WB but struggle at Geelong where they play a bit slower.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby cracka » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:44 am

whufc wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s pretty dramatic that a bloke comes out and says he’s parting ways with the club and will play anywhere - All whilst still contracted and before the club has even found a new coach... Reading in to it a little further you would think that during the interview process of all new coaches so far that everyone of them doesn’t want him at the club. Jenkins should hold the aces here being contracted, but to come out like he has shows vulnerability and there is a bit more to this one for me.

If there is a positive out of all this at least we have ripped the scab off the list and started turning towards the next chapter in the club in terms of getting in new talent. Where we have been going especially this year was leading us towards the bottom in 2-3 years. Even if that happens say next year then at least that is 1-2 less years of ******* around.

His probably just sick of being the whipping boy of a whole club and state. The Mitch March of the Adelaide Crows and South Australia Football.

It was usually non Crows supporters that thought that. Last Crows game I went to (the showdown where he won the game hitting the post) the fans loved him.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 am

I'd say it's more the external review, perhaps other players have been less than complimentary?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby mots02 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:

I'd say it's more the external review, perhaps other players have been less than complimentary?

Maybe he read his reviews on SA Footy
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 875 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:38 pm

MacKay and Strachan sign one year extensions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 pm

David McKay lolololololololol
Of all the players they should’ve let go they sign this plonker up for another year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Fricky » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Booney wrote:MacKay and Strachan sign one year extensions.

FFS

Keep Mackay and Hartigan but cant find space for Keath
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby MW » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:50 pm

that's cause these two togehter wouldn't even equate to one year that Keath was asking
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Booney wrote:MacKay and Strachan sign one year extensions.

Good to know we won the David Mackay sweepstakes, again.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Jim05 wrote:David McKay lolololololololol
Of all the players they should’ve let go they sign this plonker up for another year

Staggering yet funny.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:11 pm

MW wrote:that's cause these two togehter wouldn't even equate to one year that Keath was asking

Sure about that?
McKay was on good coin originally.
I doubt he’s taken too much of a pay cut over the years.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby LMA » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:that's cause these two togehter wouldn't even equate to one year that Keath was asking

Sure about that?

He gets paid in vouchers at the Checkside Tavern. Staggering decision without a coach.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:16 pm

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Sure about that?

He gets paid in vouchers at the Checkside Tavern. Staggering decision without a coach.

He’ll be good in the sanfl though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Not even I can defend that decision. Staggering
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Just when I was worried the crows were back on track and they go and do that....faith restored!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Brodlach wrote:Not even I can defend that decision. Staggering

That’s three “staggerings” in five posts!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby LMA » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Not even I can defend that decision. Staggering

That’s three “staggerings” in five posts!

:lol: I noticed that too
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Staggered he is an absolute spud!!

Regarding Jenkins I’m one of many that aren’t big fans of him. Only kicks goals from The goalsquate. But I will say this , I was at the Essendon v Crows game at AO and the first half he was by far the best fwd on the ground. He was clunking contested marks on the 50 and looked really dangerous. I even said to my mate geez Jenkins is playing a ripper of a game.

I agree he was the whipping boy when I thought he was playing a lot better than Tex and should’ve kept his spot. That game against Essendon Tex kicked 1 goal and did nothing but Jenkins was very good. If Daniher leaves you would think he might end up back at Essendon
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby JK » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Sure about that?

Thought he was about $1.6 over 4 years. You’d think he’d be on less now, although the Crows have been known to make the odd error of judgement.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Signing McKay is curious, but even more at this time of year without a coach in place, it must have meant 1/ They wanted to keep him & 2/ Another club offered him a contract.

Otherwise what is the rush? Makes no difference if you make the decision now or in 4 weeks time once you have a new coach and possibly a new footy manager.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL