2019 Silly Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:30 pm

I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Tim Kelly officially requests a trade to West Coast.

This system is severely flawed.

Really? Tell us something else we don't know. :-)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Bum Crack wrote:He'll get back to WA so he can be with his family. It just won't be at West Coast.

Everyone ends up where they want, this case will be no different.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Rowey (i know hes a horrible source) is saying another Crow is on the way out. Riley Knight has met with Carlton and will request a trade to the Blues
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:He'll get back to WA so he can be with his family. It just won't be at West Coast.

Everyone ends up where they want, this case will be no different.

He didnt last year, although i know what you mean. Add to that geelongs trading record of being the nice guys and i reckon your right (unfortunately). Geelong are only hurting themselves if they roll over and trade him to WCE for some mid 20s picks. He will carve them up come finals 2020. At least he wont be hurting you in september at freo!
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby MW » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Fricky wrote:Rowey (i know hes a horrible source) is saying another Crow is on the way out. Riley Knight has met with Carlton and will request a trade to the Blues

Yeah this has already been discussed ;)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Fricky wrote:Rowey (i know hes a horrible source) is saying another Crow is on the way out. Riley Knight has met with Carlton and will request a trade to the Blues

He's not a horrible source when it comes to West Lakes, his list of 10 who were leaving is/has just about to come to fruition. Someone is using him as their mouth piece.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:11 pm

Shaun Grigg joins geelong as a development coach

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Booney wrote:

He's not a horrible source when it comes to West Lakes, his list of 10 who were leaving is/has just about to come to fruition. Someone is using him as their mouth piece.
I bet Roo hates all that info being leaked....

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Robran » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 pm

What about a FN coach.when does the official trade period open Friday.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:45 pm

Booney wrote:

As Stan stated the scariest thing about the mass exodus is Rowey called it months ago.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Bandit wrote:I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.

Lucky that firm stance wasn't applied when Gaz was trying to find his way home, or Jack Steven
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:02 pm

JK wrote:
Bandit wrote:I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.

Lucky that firm stance wasn't applied when Gaz was trying to find his way home, or Jack Steven

St Kilda can play hard for Jack Steven, i have no qualms if we dont get him.
And Ablett probably did all he could for the Suns.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:

/quote]

If you mean taking the mega $$ of a heavily front-ended deal before wanting out when the coin dropped, you're probably right ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:27 pm

JK wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:

/quote]

If you mean taking the mega $$ of a heavily front-ended deal before wanting out when the coin dropped, you're probably right ;)
He's only the Son of God, only GOD himself would have resurrected the Suns[emoji16]

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Sydney has started to make contingencies for the potential loss of Tom Papley to Carlton, zeroing in on two rival out-of-contract forwards.

AFL.com.au understands the Swans are set to meet with Crow Riley Knight with his future at the Crows still undecided.

Brisbane small forward Lewis Taylor, who also remains without a deal at the Lions, has also received preliminary inquiries from the Swans. It is understood he is open to moving to his second AFL club.

- Mitch Cleary, AFL.com.au
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Geelongs Harry Taylor to play on in 2020.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:46 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:

Geelong paid overs for Ablett, they will probably pay overs for Steven, they traded for Dangerfield when he could have come via free agency. They truly are the pussy cats of the trade table. Im not saying they should act like essendon, but somewhere inbetween if possible.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Bandit wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:

Geelong paid overs for Ablett, they will probably pay overs for Steven, they traded for Dangerfield when he could have come via free agency. They truly are the pussy cats of the trade table. Im not saying they should act like essendon, but somewhere inbetween if possible.

The Essendon thing is somewhat of a myth these days. Dodoro was shocking early but got told to pull his head in several years back and to the best of my knowledge every deal we have been involved in has gone through and plenty of clubs trade with us now. Funny how we are “hard to deal with” yet Carlton held Gibbs up, GWS held McCarthy, Geelong held Kelly and they are “doing what’s best for the club”
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 pm

So Carlton are linked to Butler, Betts, Knight, Papley and Jack Martin! WOW!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL