2019 Silly Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby LMA » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Fricky wrote:Rowey (i know hes a horrible source) is saying another Crow is on the way out. Riley Knight has met with Carlton and will request a trade to the Blues

So Carlton are linked to Butler, Betts, Knight, Papley and Jack Martin! WOW!

I know right! Not one GWS player amongst them.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:47 pm

My understanding is that Riley Knight is happy to go to any club .... just wants out of crows
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:57 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:My understanding is that Riley Knight is happy to go to any club .... just wants out of crows

He would be lucky to have any club wanting him.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby carey » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:42 am

Fricky wrote:Rowey (i know hes a horrible source) is saying another Crow is on the way out. Riley Knight has met with Carlton and will request a trade to the Blues

Ohh f**k me Riley Knight is leaving Jesus batten down the hatches. Pffft that’s like losing a disabled car park. Farrrrk me
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:45 am

Booney wrote:Geelongs Harry Taylor to play on in 2020.

Lol where at Torque? Pffft I’d kick 6 on the spud.

#geelong2020myass
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 am

Jim05 wrote:
Bandit wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.[/

St Kilda can play hard for Jack Steven, i have no qualms if we dont get him.
And Ablett probably did all he could for the Suns.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Geelong paid overs for Ablett, they will probably pay overs for Steven, they traded for Dangerfield when he could have come via free agency. They truly are the pussy cats of the trade table. Im not saying they should act like essendon, but somewhere inbetween if possible.

The Essendon thing is somewhat of a myth these days. Dodoro was shocking early but got told to pull his head in several years back and to the best of my knowledge every deal we have been involved in has gone through and plenty of clubs trade with us now. Funny how we are “hard to deal with” yet Carlton held Gibbs up, GWS held McCarthy, Geelong held Kelly and they are “doing what’s best for the club”

WTF you’ve said yourself numerous times on here the bombers are hard to deal with!
carey
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:31 am

JK wrote:
Bandit wrote:I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.

Lucky that firm stance wasn't applied when Gaz was trying to find his way home, or Jack Steven
It seems to ch age a bit depending on the yes involved. Look at Dangerfield to Geelong, Polec to Port, Judd to Carton. It's all the same, now Kelly to West Coast oohhh that's different it should either WA team.

Come on, would you want to go to Fremantle and that shit farm? Probably not.

But in saying all of that my opinion on this matter is that if a player wants to get to his home state for family reason such as a Dangerfield or Judd or Kelly, then yes it should be home state and a bidding war should take place.

As much as bum crack comes on here and is super arrogant (assuming he logs in as the right user for this one) Geelong will deal with West Coast and it will get done. But that doesn't change the fact that the system really is garbage that a player can nominate a team straight up.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 am

Not just because of Kelly but I reckon clubs should start to deal more readily with the other clubs from the same state not just the preferred destination of the club.

The go home factor is getting to a point where it is taking the piss out of the draft. If it keeps heading down that path they might as well go back to the old zones days.

There are swings and roundabouts, Geelong lose the Kelly situation but won the Dangerfield one, but its clear clubs are already weighing up very significantly the state a player is from when drafting.

I'm not sure why a player needs to be able to nominate an exact team.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:54 am

Anyone care to guess what carey got up to on Wednesday night?

3am Thursday posts.... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:55 am

Booney wrote:Anyone care to guess what carey got up to on Wednesday night?

insulting disabled people and making fun of commiserating deaths in the family...yep I would think so
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:39 am

whufc wrote:Not just because of Kelly but I reckon clubs should start to deal more readily with the other clubs from the same state not just the preferred destination of the club.

The go home factor is getting to a point where it is taking the piss out of the draft. If it keeps heading down that path they might as well go back to the old zones days.

There are swings and roundabouts, Geelong lose the Kelly situation but won the Dangerfield one, but its clear clubs are already weighing up very significantly the state a player is from when drafting.

I'm not sure why a player needs to be able to nominate an exact team.

It is real, it is understandable IMO, you take a kid from his surroundings for the first 18 years of his life and plonk him in a foreign place, he is eventually going to want to return to family, they're only human no matter what coin they're on.

We as the general public pick and choose what jobs we apply for based on money, location and other factors.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:41 am

Simple, don’t nominate for the draft. No one is forcing you to play AFL
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:43 am

Brodlach wrote:Simple, don’t nominate for the draft. No one is forcing you to play AFL

As if any of us knew what we're capable of at 18, everything seems easy enough when it's written down on paper and in your head.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:43 am

Brodlach wrote:Simple, don’t nominate for the draft. No one is forcing you to play AFL

For every Mummy's boy who wants to come home there's another hundred who would kill for the opportunity.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:48 am

stan wrote:
JK wrote:
Bandit wrote:I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.

Lucky that firm stance wasn't applied when Gaz was trying to find his way home, or Jack Steven
It seems to ch age a bit depending on the yes involved. Look at Dangerfield to Geelong, Polec to Port, Judd to Carton. It's all the same, now Kelly to West Coast oohhh that's different it should either WA team.

But in saying all of that my opinion on this matter is that if a player wants to get to his home state for family reason such as a Dangerfield or Judd or Kelly, then yes it should be home state and a bidding war should take place.

As much as bum crack comes on here and is super arrogant (assuming he logs in as the right user for this one) Geelong will deal with West Coast and it will get done. But that doesn't change the fact that the system really is garbage that a player can nominate a team straight up.

I'm not arrogant. I'm actually the opposite. I'm a hell of a nice guy :D
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby JK » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am

Booney wrote:Anyone care to guess what carey got up to on Wednesday night?

Just a casual midweek sip
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 am

Bum Crack wrote:
stan wrote:
JK wrote:

I'm not arrogant. I'm actually the opposite. I'm a hell of a nice guy :D
Hahaha wanna grab a beer then?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:02 am

stan wrote:Hahaha wanna grab a beer then?

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:27 am

People saying that Daniher is worth two first round picks are drunk!! 15 games in 3 seasons... Pick 5 and 9 being thrown around.. Stay away from this one Sydney
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 am

woodublieve12 wrote:People saying that Daniher is worth two first round picks are drunk!! 15 games in 3 seasons... Pick 5 and 9 being thrown around.. Stay away from this one Sydney

Swans have just said Papley won’t be allowed to leave so I doubt Daniher can get done
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL