Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:42 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:If a swans player gets in the top 10 I’ll be very surprised

I'll be surprised if one gets 10 votes.

Parker might.

Parker got 16.
Just trying to find if Rampe got one
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Just trying to find if Rampe got one

Rampe didn't post a vote.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Just trying to find if Rampe got one

Rampe didn't post a vote.

:shock: a best and fairest didn’t poll a vote! Dammit, no free beer for me
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:02 pm

The Final Quarter donated to all schools and sporting clubs
Sydney Swans Media

THE FINAL QUARTER, a feature documentary which tells the story of the last three years of the career of AFL champion Adam Goodes, is now freely available to every school and sporting club in Australia as part of a comprehensive education package.

More than one million Australians have already seen the film with sold out screenings at the Sydney Film Festival in June and a national broadcast on Network Ten and WIN in July.

The Final Quarter is being donated to teachers and students around the nation, along with 46 lesson plans aligned to years 5-12 of the Australian curriculum.

The teaching and learning resources and lesson plans have been created by Cool Australia, with advice from a team of Indigenous and non-Indigenous teachers and educators.

The lessons are designed for subject areas including Civics and Citizenship, Health and Physical Education, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures, English and Media Arts. The first lessons are available now and others will be rolled out over the next three months.

The Shark Island Productions film, along with the educational material and screening guides, is free for schools, registered sporting clubs, community groups and corporate partners to access via the website www.thefinalquarterfilm.com.au

The education and outreach program has been made possible through philanthropic funding.

The director of The Final Quarter, Ian Darling, says: “We’ve focused our free education campaign on schools and sporting clubs so the next generation of young Australians has a greater awareness about racism and its impact.

“Through The Final Quarter’s extensive education materials, teachers and students will be given tools to have these important but often difficult conversations about racism and bullying in an engaging and constructive way.’’

Since The Final Quarter was broadcast in July, nearly 2000 schools and teachers have requested the film for use in their classrooms.

At test screenings earlier this year, students and teachers responded strongly to the film, which is made entirely from archival sources during the period from 2013 to 2015 when Goodes called out racism and was booed at AFL stadiums around the country.

Shark Island Productions has worked with the Australian Human Rights Commission and Reconciliation Australia to develop a long-term education strategy for the film.

The lesson plans created by Cool Australia cover themes such as racism and wellbeing, truth-telling, cultural pride, the language of influence, identity and belonging, and respect and bullying in sport, and there are also resources available from the Australian Teachers of Media (AToM).

During the Network Ten broadcast in July The Final Quarter trended number one on Twitter in Australia and number seven worldwide as thousands of people expressed their feelings about the way Goodes departed the game, and the media’s role in his treatment.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Swans list changes

Following the retirements of Jarrad McVeigh, Kieren Jack, Heath Grundy and Nick Smith, the Sydney Swans have made a further two changes to their playing list.

Forward James Rose and rookie Durak Tucker have been informed they have not been offered contracts for season 2020.

Rose joined the Swans via pick 37at the 2014 AFL Draft from South Australian club Sturt.

He played 14 games in red and white over five seasons, kicking seven goals.

Sydney recruited Tucker at last year’s Rookie Draft from Western Australia.

The 19-year-old had a number of injury setbacks on his comeback from an ACL injury and didn’t feature at senior level.

Swans Head of Football Charlie Gardiner thanked the pair for their service.

“We’d like to thank both James and Durak for their contributions to the Swans,” Gardiner said.

“James was a great character to have around the club and showed great perseverance during his time in Sydney.

“Durak has been a popular and hard-working member of our group but due to a number of injury setbacks was unable get his body ready for the rigours of AFL football.

“We wish both James and Durak all the best for their future endeavours.”
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:https://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-10-08/five-swans-secured

Huge.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:https://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-10-08/five-swans-secured

Huge.

He is a large man, not huge
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mots02 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:15 pm

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Huge.

:roll:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:18 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Huge.

:goodman:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Huge.

:goodman:

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:45 am

I thought I better click the link, Knoll is the only one I'd heard of and that was from the Southee's in the SANFL forum.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 am

Booney wrote:I thought I better click the link, Knoll is the only one I'd heard of and that was from the Southee's in the SANFL forum.

if you lot don't understand that i literally share just about all swans news on here, that's on you! Take your smartarse attitudes else where :)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:53 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:I thought I better click the link, Knoll is the only one I'd heard of and that was from the Southee's in the SANFL forum.

if you lot don't understand that i literally share just about all swans news on here, that's on you! Take your smartarse attitudes else where :)

Wubbsy, without us you’d be posting and then reading the post out aloud back to yourself. You’d be talking about yourself and to yourself as the second & third person in the same conversation. Sort of like a wubbsy ménage a’ trois scenario :lol:

YOU NEED US!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 am

I didn't knoll any of them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:57 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

**** mate, you mean we're potentially missing out on some more quality content?

That's bullshit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

**** mate, you mean we're potentially missing out on some more quality content?

That's bullshit.

Imagine the stuff that's trapped in the non-newsworthy filter :shock: :lol:
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby mots02 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:05 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Can we take them to your Bays thread? !
mots02
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL