2019 Silly Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Spargo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Brodlach wrote:Kangaroos got a big fish in Aiden Bonar

Seriously mate, you & a few others on here need to get new material. “Big fish”, “Warchest”, blah blah blah. It’s no different to the clowns who bring up the tarps, called Centrals “centralink” etc etc.
It was sharp at first, but years down the track it’s... yawn
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Spargo wrote:

Seriously mate, you & a few others on here need to get new material. “Big fish”, “Warchest”, blah blah blah. It’s no different to the clowns who bring up the tarps, called Centrals “centralink” etc etc.

:lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Separated at birth?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Given the Cats lost Kelly in a situation they couldn’t really prevent, they’ve had a good trade window imho. Kept their wage bill down whilst adding players who at their best (the 3 key words) can definitely improve them whilst netting themselves a host of good draft picks. Well played.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Swans best offer to Essendon was pick 9 and a future first rounder

Pick 5 was never offered

Still a very good offer. Essentially the bombers are paying a bloke who doesn’t wanna be there and will walk at seasons end. And we will get him without selling the farm

You offered us a pick you never had in the first place?

Clearly they had a deal with Carlton.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby MW » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:Adelaide Crows

The last two years have been an unmitigated disaster for the Crows — and the sting was still being felt this trade period. Alex Keath, Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Josh Jenkins, Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Hugh Greenwood all found new homes. That’s a massive shake up of the list. Over to you, Matthew Nicks.

Port Adelaide

While Dougal Howard mightn’t be the biggest household name, among the Power faithful he’s highly rated. Kane Cornes labelled Howard’s trade to St Kilda as a complete disaster, saying “Port Adelaide have completed botched this one in my opinion”. Cornes also suggested the club had given up too much for Ryder. The exit of Billy Frampton wasn’t as earth shattering, but the club’s inability to land Orazio Fantasia was rather flattening.

Adelaide: Not sure what we really lost out of that lot. Keath I would have liked to keep. I can see why they would think 'losers' but depends which strategy you look at it from.

Port: Howard is a massive mistake. When he is coming over the top and spoiling Dixon at Adelaide Oval next year, watch the unwashed start to boo Kenny. Got some good draft picks to play with and like Adelaide, probably need to judge them in 2-3 years.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby stan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Spargo wrote:

[emoji38] [emoji38]
I think they have done ok. Added Bonner to there list and loaded up on picks based on how Melb go.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:33 pm

MW wrote:

The last two years have been an unmitigated disaster for the Crows — and the sting was still being felt this trade period. Alex Keath, Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Josh Jenkins, Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Hugh Greenwood all found new homes. That’s a massive shake up of the list. Over to you, Matthew Nicks.

Port Adelaide

While Dougal Howard mightn’t be the biggest household name, among the Power faithful he’s highly rated. Kane Cornes labelled Howard’s trade to St Kilda as a complete disaster, saying “Port Adelaide have completed botched this one in my opinion”. Cornes also suggested the club had given up too much for Ryder. The exit of Billy Frampton wasn’t as earth shattering, but the club’s inability to land Orazio Fantasia was rather flattening.

Adelaide: Not sure what we really lost out of that lot. Keath I would have liked to keep. I can see why they would think 'losers' but depends which strategy you look at it from.

Port: Howard is a massive mistake. When he is coming over the top and spoiling Dixon at Adelaide Oval next year, watch the unwashed start to boo Kenny. Got some good draft picks to play with and like Adelaide, probably need to judge them in 2-3 years.

Hopefully cleared some cap space to have a big go at Grundy next season
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:33 pm

MW wrote:

Port Adelaide

Unwashed, so you mean all of them?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:56 pm

MW wrote:

Port Adelaide

Get a couple of injuries and you will find out what you’ve lost
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Yeah if we were challenging for a flag I would agree. 8th-10th is a great season next year.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Happy with Bonar, a Pick #11 2 years ago and they signed him last year for 4 years on $500k pa, still 19. To get him for very little is well worth the punt, our midfield build is starting to look pretty sweet.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 pm

mots02 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Geez, the Crows have a heap of future picks but nothing for this years draft.

Loading up future pics for points to take Darryl Borlase's kid from the Academy?

+ Tyson Edwards kid the year after
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Geez, the Crows have a heap of future picks but nothing for this years draft.

Loading up future pics for points to take Darryl Borlase's kid from the Academy?

Who can play, Lukes already playing 2s as a 16 year old will get a crack in the 1s next year. Actually I think he's draftable next year.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Yep sorry he is draft age this time next year, so got him and Borlase same year, hence they need to load up on futures
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:29 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What a effing joke!
Atleast he will feel at home with the mad punters down there

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sorry but bahahaha you’ve got a Tyrone!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Turbo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:22 am

mots02 wrote:Carlton go after 3 small forwards at the beginning of the trade period and end up with just Betts.

SOS still the guru blues fans?!

Can still potentially pick up Martin in the draft. Didn’t want us to overpay for players so all good. I think there was so much media hype in relation to the players who nominated Carlton it encourages fans to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

People get so obsessed with their club having to trade and really in this years crop there aren’t really any superstars.

Glad some clubs stuck to their guns and are going to enforce players to stick with their contracts.

Will be interesting in 2020 seeing what Daniher does. No way worth two first round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:02 am

Well didn't this all turn around.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:48 am

Dutchy wrote:
mots02 wrote:

Has Tyson kissed and made up with the Crows?
I remember him being very upset at them when his other lad got delisted and there was talk at the time that it could harm and future F/S prospects
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:48 am

Dutchy wrote:
mots02 wrote:

I can't express how happy I am that Borlase's son is aligned to Adelaide. It just seems, I don't know, completely ******. Does that seem about right?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL