PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:Willing to have a punt on it? Loser owes the winner two brewskis next time we cross paths..

You're on to something.

Is there a meeting tonight?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Is there a meeting tonight?

Womens meeting tomorrow night from 7:30pm, chaired by Elaine and attended by females only.. no men allowed :lol:

Interesting side note:

"Points for round 1 will stand, irrelevant of any program change. If clubs do not field teams in round 1 or attend the meeting it indicates that they are not willing to co-operate."

Gut feel is they'll leave the competition as is, wont change the grades/teams.. as whuffer pointed out they only play Eyre once, so cant imagine the exec see too much issue with the structure.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:Womens meeting tomorrow night from 7:30pm, chaired by Elaine and attended by females only.. no men allowed :lol:

Interesting side note:

"Points for round 1 will stand, irrelevant of any program change. If clubs do not field teams in round 1 or attend the meeting it indicates that they are not willing to co-operate."

Gut feel is they'll leave the competition as is, wont change the grades/teams.. as whuffer pointed out they only play Eyre once, so cant imagine the exec see too much issue with the structure.

So are you attending? :lol: :lol:

I beg to differ, it sounds to me like only one person is pushing the 10-6 thing, I think it will change.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:So are you attending? :lol: :lol:.

:lol: Stuff that! Imagine the bitchiness flying around the room tomorrow night.. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:So are you attending? :lol: :lol:.

:lol: Stuff that! Imagine the bitchiness flying around the room tomorrow night.. :roll:

Take a go-pro.

Al Bach used to be a classic for them meetings, he'd bail me up beforehand and we'd chuck plans out there so we could back each other up and push for things in the meeting.

We'd get in the meeting and he'd totally backflip on everything we just discussed :lol: :lol:

It was pretty bloody annoying, we ended up becoming good friends though eventually.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:30 am

The Bedge wrote:Willing to have a punt on it? Loser owes the winner two brewskis next time we cross paths..

Well your spies were on the money.

It looks like most games got underway, Sandy Creek forfeited aswell, all the games seem evenly poised in the first grade.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 am

moriachi wrote:Forgot to do the LO1 tips for the weekend but funnily enough i wouldve tipped all the winners.

Also good to get a win up after last weeks shamozzle. Think we may be a bit up and down. Played with 6 junior burgers in the team on the weekend and looks like it is the way we will be this year.

Have never played units in a game of cricket but youd have to think their A grade along with Vista, Snorf, and Pines will be the top 4.

Good effort by North Pines. A few years ago they didnt seem to have much depth in the grades but they look like theyre flying now.

Bottom 4 in order Twells, Units B, GrandMasters, Modbury.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Who are you logging in with? Can you make up your mind :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Well your spies were on the money.

It looks like most games got underway, Sandy Creek forfeited aswell, all the games seem evenly poised in the first grade.

Sandy Creek game is a weird one - they were playing Smithfield, both said they weren’t playing due to the grading you would’ve thought they’d at least play each other. Interesting meeting tonight though.

In Grade 2, Enfield were a fair bit off the pace of Para Hills - the step up from last year was a big one, but honestly our ladies probably put in their best and most consistent bowling/batting performance to date.. unfortunately the short balls got what they deserved - still a lot to learn.

Played in good spirits at least, but does concern me if that’s the level of Grade 2 that we are just going to get pumped each game, be nice to go in to a game believing we are some what of a chance.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:46 am

The Bedge wrote:Sandy Creek game is a weird one - they were playing Smithfield, both said they weren’t playing due to the grading you would’ve thought they’d at least play each other. Interesting meeting tonight though.

In Grade 2, Enfield were a fair bit off the pace of Para Hills - the step up from last year was a big one, but honestly our ladies probably put in their best and most consistent bowling/batting performance to date.. unfortunately the short balls got what they deserved - still a lot to learn.

Played in good spirits at least, but does concern me if that’s the level of Grade 2 that we are just going to get pumped each game, be nice to go in to a game believing we are some what of a chance.

Once there was an announcement of a meeting I guess it gave Sandy and Smithfield hope of a re-grading, Sandy messaged Smithfield announcing that they didn't have enough for this game and would be forfeiting, I'm not sure if they informed the PDCA though, it's a bit of a dogs breakfast.

Having been heavily involved with the womens cricket in the PDCA for quite some time it's always messy to begin with, everyone bombards Clarko with the smallest of issues and the week leading up to the first round always has it's challenges, he's one of the fairest blokes you'll ever meet and always finds the right solution.

In future, perhaps they have the final nominations a couple of weeks out and a draft fixture be handed out at the pre-season meeting so they can all nut it out together before they leave.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:49 am

Tipping Leaderboard
12: Bedge
11: LM
10: The schizophrenic
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:In future, perhaps they have the final nominations a couple of weeks out and a draft fixture be handed out at the pre-season meeting so they can all nut it out together before they leave.

In future perhaps they could ask the appropriate questions at the pre-season meeting.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:In future, perhaps they have the final nominations a couple of weeks out and a draft fixture be handed out at the pre-season meeting so they can all nut it out together before they leave.

In future perhaps they could ask the appropriate questions at the pre-season meeting.

I wasn't there and not privvy to what was asked, if it's like any other pre-season meeting from the past it's basically just to collect your books etc. and a quick run down about mycricket and any new rules that may have been introduced.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I beg to differ, it sounds to me like only one person is pushing the 10-6 thing, I think it will change.

Appears I was right again - comp to stay the same. Smithfield withdraw their side, bye where they were.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:16 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I beg to differ, it sounds to me like only one person is pushing the 10-6 thing, I think it will change.

Appears I was right again - comp to stay the same. Smithfield withdraw their side, bye where they were.

Ner F***** Ner, you must've been a shit of a kid :lol: :lol:

Seeing Smithfield's list I can understand why, and then reading some stuff on FB on how green some of the new girls are it would've been disastrous for them.

TBH, I can't see Sandy lasting too long either, died in the arse the back half of last season, forfeited a few home games too, the ole trip to Williamstown Oval for a 6pm start was always challenging, even more difficult for the Under 10's for a 5pm start.

Naturally Eyre are a cut above but the rest of the competition seems pretty even, the week 1 scores suggests this.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:28 am

Not having seen Eyre play but do they swap their batting order around from week to week, swap their bowlers around etc.

Whilst i would hate to make rules to limit damage control maybe a little whisper in their ear about giving everyone in their team a crack might do the trick.

Disregard if they do swap everything around and they are just simply that much better.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 am

I can understand why 8 and 8 makes sense but the problem i have found managing sporting comps for over ten years now is that even if they reduce the womens comp to a 8 team A Grade all that will happen is the 8th and 7th placed sides will push the agenda and believe they have a genuine case to move down to grade 2. Especially as this would means they would more than likely have to play Eyre more than once a season unless they wanted a 7 game season.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 am

whufc wrote:I can understand why 8 and 8 makes sense but the problem i have found managing sporting comps for over ten years now is that even if they reduce the womens comp to a 8 team A Grade all that will happen is the 8th and 7th placed sides will push the agenda and believe they have a genuine case to move down to grade 2. Especially as this would means they would more than likely have to play Eyre more than once a season unless they wanted a 7 game season.

Interestingly from what I could gather from the meeting, clubs didn’t want to play Eyre Royals but at the same time none wanted to drop down a division (except Smithfield). Go figure.

Sounds like 2hrs of telling and bitching and frankly waste of time.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Ner F***** Ner, you must've been a shit of a kid :lol: :lol: .

Oh you have no idea! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I can understand why 8 and 8 makes sense but the problem i have found managing sporting comps for over ten years now is that even if they reduce the womens comp to a 8 team A Grade all that will happen is the 8th and 7th placed sides will push the agenda and believe they have a genuine case to move down to grade 2. Especially as this would means they would more than likely have to play Eyre more than once a season unless they wanted a 7 game season.

Interestingly from what I could gather from the meeting, clubs didn’t want to play Eyre Royals but at the same time none wanted to drop down a division (except Smithfield). Go figure.

Sounds like 2hrs of telling and bitching and frankly waste of time.

Womens sport :lol: ;)

I use to have more trouble with the 35 netball teams than we did with over 100 mens sports teams.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 am

whufc wrote:Not having seen Eyre play but do they swap their batting order around from week to week, swap their bowlers around etc.

Whilst i would hate to make rules to limit damage control maybe a little whisper in their ear about giving everyone in their team a crack might do the trick.

Disregard if they do swap everything around and they are just simply that much better.

No, not really, they have a set line up and that's how they roll, it's not all about playing Eyre, you could set the fixture up so those who do play them twice play a lower ranked team twice aswell, it is not Eyre's fault that they are so advanced, most of them have worked on their game and improved immensely.

You just need to look at the previous fixtures for the info you're after.

But yeah, it clicked on why the PDCA wanted 10 teams, 6 would've delivered the same result with the fixture by squeezing in an extra 1 dayer to get an even draw.

It is what it is and the season can now go on with everyone on the same page.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps