Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:i just wanna say i know this is petty by me and i know how silly i must sound complaining about it...

Well my girls went to my aunt's house a couple of weeks ago and they painted these pots for plants. And they said my eldest will give her to her mum and the youngest said she'd give me the one she did... Well we finally got them back last night. This morning i was getting mine out the box, and i said to my youngest is this the one you made me and she said yes but i wanna give it to mum now... I know it's just a pot plant and i know it shouldn't bother me. But for some reason it did and has. I said that promising someone something and than taking it away isn't nice but it's her choice. IT'S A BLOODY POT!! Why does it bother me so much.. I love the hand made stuff :(

Yeah, you're right mate.

Girls like giving the girly things to their mum, it's what they do, you could've just said "that's nice, I had a spot picked out for it but give it to your mum".

My suggestion is to buy a couple of pots and some paint and ask them to do one each for you, it will mean more to you in ten years time than ones they made elsewhere.

Great advice... Will do...

I wanna stress i know how silly it is...

It’s not silly it’s understandable
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:24 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Good suggestion LM, it would be something to do together

Raising a daughter alone through her early teens helps, we'd be at the markets and she'd see something and say "wow, mum would love that for Mother's Day" You just gotta put the weapons down and swallow your pride some times, it makes you feel better in the long run knowing how happy she'd be giving it to her.

I was more surprised a great idea came from you :lol:

It takes the count up to 1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:38 am

Bad gout attack in the foot at 2am
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3704 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:46 am

Getting pictures from my step-Dad with some massive blueys he's catching over at Vincent. :twisted:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Little random, but i'm so over any article that comes up on social media regarding AFLW being riddled with comments ragging on the standard, competition and thinking it's all about women wanting equal pay.

I've now read 3 articles in a week and a half, all reasonable articles/concerns and clearly most of these idiots haven't bothered to open and just assume its about the pay gap. :roll:

ITS DOING MY ******* HEAD IN!!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:41 am

The Bedge wrote:Little random, but i'm so over any article that comes up on social media regarding AFLW being riddled with comments ragging on the standard, competition and thinking it's all about women wanting equal pay.

I've now read 3 articles in a week and a half, all reasonable articles/concerns and clearly most of these idiots haven't bothered to open and just assume its about the pay gap. :roll:

what are the articles about?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:03 am

The Bedge wrote:Little random, but i'm so over any article that comes up on social media regarding AFLW being riddled with comments ragging on the standard, competition and thinking it's all about women wanting equal pay.

Attachments
09265A15-9AC0-4144-BF9F-AAFA82B15348.jpeg
09265A15-9AC0-4144-BF9F-AAFA82B15348.jpeg (285.94 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:52 am

Kids and phones.

My lad has broken his phone, I went to get it repaired yesterday, they fixed but said he'll need to back everything up to fix the audio as the phone may not be operable if something goes wrong with the repair.

He has the choice of risking the repair and possibly going phoneless for a fortnight or only having the ability to text for a fortnight and then risking the repair but getting a possible replacement if it doesn't pull through.

He really wants a part time job but is still a few months shy of being allowed to work in most places, replacing and repairing phones for him though does my bonce in, his mum has flatly refused to assist.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Kids and phones.

My lad has broken his phone, I went to get it repaired yesterday, they fixed but said he'll need to back everything up to fix the audio as the phone may not be operable if something goes wrong with the repair.

He has the choice of risking the repair and possibly going phoneless for a fortnight or only having the ability to text for a fortnight and then risking the repair but getting a possible replacement if it doesn't pull through.

He really wants a part time job but is still a few months shy of being allowed to work in most places, replacing and repairing phones for him though does my bonce in, his mum has flatly refused to assist.

If he goes without a phone for a couple of weeks, it might prompt him to be more careful in future.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:02 am

Footy Chick wrote:

If he goes without a phone for a couple of weeks, it might prompt him to be more careful in future.

Yeah, the problem is that I need him to have a phone though, he catches a multitude of buses and trains to school, sports and working out where I can pick him up from, and if his metrocard runs out he could be stranded in a unsafe place, things are way different to our days when we could just walk home alone from wherever we were regardless of the time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:if his metrocard runs out he could be stranded in a unsafe place,

I think in this circumstance if he tells the driver he will be allowed to ride for free. Duty of Care as I understand......
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 am

Kahuna wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:if his metrocard runs out he could be stranded in a unsafe place,

I think in this circumstance if he tells the driver he will be allowed to ride for free. Duty of Care as I understand......

Correct, my DH sons uses it when he leaves his wallet at home :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

Kahuna wrote:

Nope, it is known as the "Daniel Morcombe" law but isn't adhered to by all bus drivers/train inspectors.

Both of my kids have been refused entry of a bus or removed from a train at different time because their metrocard ran out of credit, I was livid.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:50 am

Can work at Jack's at 14...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:51 am

Dutchy wrote:

Different areas and stereotypes perhaps, my kids were in their school uniform and my daughter told them that I would meet them at the station and quickly jump on the train to recharge the card, still no good.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 am

Booney wrote:Can work at Jack's at 14...

Yep, fast food is 14, supermarkets 14 years 9 months, he has a Maccas across the road from his mums, I'm doing an application this afternoon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Different areas and stereotypes perhaps, my kids were in their school uniform and my daughter told them that I would meet them at the station and quickly jump on the train to recharge the card, still no good.

That is a disgrace, pure and simple.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

That is a disgrace, pure and simple.

This is how far out of the loop I am, I didn't even know that bus tickets were tap and go on your phone now :oops:

We've come a long way from the old bus pass with the stamps on them :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

This is how far out of the loop I am, I didn't even know that bus tickets were tap and go on your phone now :oops:

We've come a long way from the old bus pass with the stamps on them :lol:

I didn't know that either, my kids just have metrocards that you recharge at certain newsagents or online, the trouble is if you do it online it doesn't recharge the card until the following morning.

They work out way cheaper though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Well thats ordinary, or could it be different bus companies? I know they are supposed to be all the same but different companies run different areas dont they these days?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion