Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Athletic 6'10" bloke runs bouncing a round ball on a nice flat court, he "jumps" up and puts the round ball in the round ring with some gusto. Crowd goes nuts. What am I missing?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:Athletic 6'10" bloke runs bouncing a round ball on a nice flat court, he "jumps" up and puts the round ball in the round ring with some gusto. Crowd goes nuts. What am I missing?

Nothing. Never got the fascination and carry on with the slam dunk in basketball, IMO it's the equivalent of kicking a goal in footy from the goal line and torping it out of the stadium. For some reason, it's considered some sort of achievement - odd, when its usually a 7 foot tall person stuffing the ball into an 8 foot tall hoop.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:15 pm

The dunks I like is in traffic with the defender going for the block. Open court dunks are meh unless the dude is 6ft nothing otherwise it's like me dunking on an 8ft ring.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:20 pm

MW wrote:The dunks I like is in traffic with the defender going for the block. Open court dunks are meh unless the dude is 6ft nothing otherwise it's like me dunking on an 8ft ring.

The dunks I like involve a mug of coffee and a digestive biscuit.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Sean Lock.

Skip through to the 3 minute mark where Rachel Riley puts her mask and helmet on. :lol:

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Great show that one
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:06 am

Our water meter has had a small leak for some time ( maybe months, ask Mrs Boon, she'll know how long she's been telling me about it ) and I've got onto SA Water this morning about it. Their answer :

Thanks for contacting us regarding a water meter fault. We aim to assess within 18 days.

18 days? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 am

Booney wrote:Our water meter has had a small leak for some time ( maybe months, ask Mrs Boon, she'll know how long she's been telling me about it ) and I've got onto SA Water this morning about it. Their answer :

Thanks for contacting us regarding a water meter fault. We aim to assess within 18 days.

If the leak is on their side of the meter, as in the water pipe attaching the meter, they won’t fix it unless it is pissing out.

If it is the pipe attaching after/at the tap, good luck with getting them to fix it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:15 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Our water meter has had a small leak for some time ( maybe months, ask Mrs Boon, she'll know how long she's been telling me about it ) and I've got onto SA Water this morning about it. Their answer :

If the leak is on their side of the meter, as in the water pipe attaching the meter, they won’t fix it unless it is pissing out.

If it is the pipe attaching after/at the tap, good luck with getting them to fix it.

It's the connection between the tap and the meter. Excellent.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:22 am

you can get this gear from Bunnings like plasticine but it sets rock hard in wet conditions. f..k them and go to town with it and seal it up if it's on your side.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:29 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Good luck with that.
Report back next year when they reply to you ;)

Mine is leaking at the meter tap which doesn’t cost me anything as the meter isn’t reading it yet.
I logged it with SAWater and they told me to let it water the grass as it wasn’t costing me anything.
Too bad about preserving water though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:51 am

Me, I'm not one to go and march or protest in the streets, but I absolutely support people having the right to do so.

However, how ******* stupid are you if you glue yourself to the road? Seriously, there's plenty of ways to go about making a point but super gluing yourself to the road is just ******* stupid and I would laugh my arse off if I saw someone stuck to the road.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:53 am

Booney wrote:Me, I'm not one to go and march or protest in the streets, but I absolutely support people having the right to do so.

However, how ******* stupid are you if you glue yourself to the road? Seriously, there's plenty of ways to go about making a point but super gluing yourself to the road is just ******* stupid and I would laugh my arse off if I saw someone stuck to the road.

Blocking traffic isn't really going to do much for your cause either IMO, it would make the average Joe resent your mission.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:15 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Good luck with that.
Report back next year when they reply to you ;)

Mine is leaking at the meter tap which doesn’t cost me anything as the meter isn’t reading it yet.
I logged it with SAWater and they told me to let it water the grass as it wasn’t costing me anything.
Too bad about preserving water though.

Saw the meter reader at home last Wednesday lunch time so I said g'day. Struck up a conversation and he said that my meter reading was the same as last time. Got me to turn on a tap, confirmed meter is broken.
Cheap bill coming up. He said it will take them a couple of weeks to come and fix it so free water.
They came first thing Monday morning, so 2 business days.
Guess it depends who's favour it's on as to how quick they come.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Well, there you go!

Thank you for reporting an issue to SA Water. The issue with reference SR: ******* which was reported on 29/10/2019 11:56:06 AM has now been resolved.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:13 pm

The selectors at my local cricket club. Played round 1 in the 2's, was listed to bat at 6, and we made the runs 4 down, padded up, didn't get a hit. Round 2 I was "eased" back to the 3's (having played 2's every game last season) was listed to bat at 3, we made the runs none down. Then missed a 2 week game, Round 3 as I was away with work. Round 4 & I am recalled to the 2's on the strength of not getting a bat, and missing a game.....oh and my net form is awful!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Corona Man wrote:The selectors at my local cricket club. Played round 1 in the 2's, was listed to bat at 6, and we made the runs 4 down, padded up, didn't get a hit. Round 2 I was "eased" back to the 3's (having played 2's every game last season) was listed to bat at 3, we made the runs none down. Then missed a 2 week game, Round 3 as I was away with work. Round 4 & I am recalled to the 2's on the strength of not getting a bat, and missing a game.....oh and my net form is awful!

This just has David Warners "I'm not out of form, just outta runs" all over it.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:06 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:The selectors at my local cricket club. Played round 1 in the 2's, was listed to bat at 6, and we made the runs 4 down, padded up, didn't get a hit. Round 2 I was "eased" back to the 3's (having played 2's every game last season) was listed to bat at 3, we made the runs none down. Then missed a 2 week game, Round 3 as I was away with work. Round 4 & I am recalled to the 2's on the strength of not getting a bat, and missing a game.....oh and my net form is awful!

Can't be out of runs when you don't get to bat in the middle!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Can't be out of runs when you don't get to bat in the middle!
You can still score off french cuts[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:11 pm

I tell ya what makes me Laugh and will give me the shits tomorrow morning is i played about 14 holes this arvo.
Have not hit my driver any better.
Im fairly sure that will disappear at 7.18am tomorrow[emoji22]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion