Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby tipper » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:21 am

Pag wrote:Parents who send their child(ren) to a school and then try to bail them out of doing any school-expected activities (ie an end of year concert, swimming week, excursions etc).

Finances a non-issue here, they just don't to want to be the bad guy and make their child do something they may be a tad uncomfortable about in the beginning. How the **** do you expect your child to build any sort of resilience/confidence?

to be fair, end of year concerts are bullshit. my kids just cant sing, just like most people. and if they could, and they had an interest in developing that, why should other parents be forced to listen to them?

the other things the kids can suck it up and do them, but i suspect that them not doing the concert is more about the parents not wanting to go to it than the kids. i certainly cant stand going to them, either way back when i was a kid, or now that im a parent.

in summary, end of year concerts give me the shits ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:29 am

tipper wrote:
Pag wrote:Parents who send their child(ren) to a school and then try to bail them out of doing any school-expected activities (ie an end of year concert, swimming week, excursions etc).

Finances a non-issue here, they just don't to want to be the bad guy and make their child do something they may be a tad uncomfortable about in the beginning. How the **** do you expect your child to build any sort of resilience/confidence?

to be fair, end of year concerts are bullshit. my kids just cant sing, just like most people. and if they could, and they had an interest in developing that, why should other parents be forced to listen to them?

the other things the kids can suck it up and do them, but i suspect that them not doing the concert is more about the parents not wanting to go to it than the kids. i certainly cant stand going to them, either way back when i was a kid, or now that im a parent.

And as a teacher I don't particularly like organising them, but I can't exactly opt out can I? The kids that battle with Maths and English don't exactly get the choice to opt out of that on a daily basis either.
Last edited by Pag on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby tipper » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:36 am

Pag wrote:
tipper wrote:

And as a teacher I don't particularly like organising them, but I can't exactly opt out can I? The kids that battle with Maths and English don't exactly get the choice to opt out of that on a daily basis.

yep, because maths and english have the same importance as crappily singing shitty pop songs in front of bored parents.

after having looked it up, this year i dont have to suffer through an end of year concert, which is a definite win in my book. so not all schools do them. maybe if you dont like them either, convince your schools leadership to do away with them too. would make everyone happy.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 am

Enjoy the school concerts while you can, before you know it they're 23 and 19 and life is flashing bye.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 am

tipper wrote:
Pag wrote:
tipper wrote:

And as a teacher I don't particularly like organising them, but I can't exactly opt out can I? The kids that battle with Maths and English don't exactly get the choice to opt out of that on a daily basis.

yep, because maths and english have the same importance as crappily singing shitty pop songs in front of bored parents.

after having looked it up, this year i dont have to suffer through an end of year concert, which is a definite win in my book. so not all schools do them. maybe if you dont like them either, convince your schools leadership to do away with them too. would make everyone happy.

Concert is just one example. We have parents trying to bail their kids out of going to SAPSASA sports carnivals, to the Museum for an excursion, to school swimming week, we even had a hands-on Maths incursion last week (excursion that comes to you) that parents try to get their kids out of.

Anything Little Johnny might not enjoy as much as his video games, so we don't have to fight him about it.
Pag
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:43 am

tipper wrote:

I find it ironic that mother nature always seems to know when there's EOY school concerts on and she ensures that it's 38 degrees with 100% humidity.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:44 am

Booney wrote:Enjoy the school concerts while you can, before you know it they're 23 and 19 and life is flashing bye.

by*
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 am

Booney wrote:Enjoy the school concerts while you can, before you know it they're 23 and 19 and life is flashing bye.

******* oath!

Take me back to when they were doing school concerts
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tipper » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 am

Pag wrote:Concert is just one example. We have parents trying to bail their kids out of going to SAPSASA carnivals, to the Museum for an excursion, to school swimming week, we even had a hands-on Maths incursion last week (excursion that comes to you) that parents try to get their kids out of.

Anything Little Johnny might not enjoy as much as his video games, we'll try get him out of.

and if you re read my first post, i said the kids can suck it up and do those other things. ive even told my kids that in the past. theres value in those sort of things, and kids should be participating.

and while i think the concerts are bullshit, i dont get my kids out of them either, i just think the schools shouldnt run them as there is absolutely nothing the kids can learn in them, that cant be learnt better elsewhere.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

I find it ironic that mother nature always seems to know when there's EOY school concerts on and she ensures that it's 38 degrees with 100% humidity.

thankfully one year the weather got me out of the concert early. it started raining so i had to go take the car home as i had taken the roof off it, gosh darn it, i was so upset ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:07 am

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

thankfully one year the weather got me out of the concert early. it started raining so i had to go take the car home as i had taken the roof off it, gosh darn it, i was so upset ;)

Does Psyber have two Logins?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby tipper » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

JK wrote:
tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

lol, im not that rich*. and i doubt he'd ever be seen dead in a Jeep

*or that old ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 am

JK wrote:
tipper wrote:

Sybe would've got his driver to take it home, he wouldn't want to get his driving gloves wet.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

by*

Or possibly, "...life is flashing. Bye."
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:04 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

by*

Or possibly, "...life is flashing. Bye."

I dunno much about his occupation, but perhaps the Boon is a really, really, really dedicated sales rep for roofing materials - "...before you know it they're 23 and 19. And life is flashing, buy!"
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:05 pm

Pag wrote:And as a teacher I don't particularly like organising them, but I can't exactly opt out can I? The kids that battle with Maths and English don't exactly get the choice to opt out of that on a daily basis either.

Trinity Gardens PS Teachers opted out
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Pag wrote:And as a teacher I don't particularly like organising them, but I can't exactly opt out can I? The kids that battle with Maths and English don't exactly get the choice to opt out of that on a daily basis either.

Not really......it's scheduled for 10am! Parents now have to take leave from work to attend.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:31 pm

heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Not really......it's scheduled for 10am! Parents now have to take leave from work to attend.

Which many won't do, but teachers get a night off conveniently
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Which many won't do, but teachers get a night off conveniently

A night off? Didn't realise teachers were on night shift. Maybe Rob Lucas couldn't afford to fund support for students with disabilities for the extra 3-4 hours. ;)
Last edited by Pag on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Surely they can work a few nights over the year considering they only work from 9 - 3 each day and gets 12 weeks holidays.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion