2020 Player movement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2020 Player movement

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Yep. He had too much going on when at South (very good district basketballer). Not sure if he is still playing

Also had a troublesome knee which with footy and bball was always going to delay getting it right. Could still play a lot of league football.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm

Unusual that Norwood are recruiting players without AFL experience..
Id be surprised if Ellison makes it as a regular at league level, particularly on a quality list that Norwood seem to put together every year..
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Did the Eagles listen to their fans on this one
Liam Buxton

Liam played 15 games for the Casey Demons in the VFL in 2019 after being recruited from Vermont in the Eastern Football League where he won a Premiership alongside ex Eagle Andrew Ainger in 2018. The 199cm Ruck/Key Forward will look to work in tandem with Jarrad Redden in the ruck whilst also providing another great marking option up forward alongside the Hayes brothers.

On Liam's signing CEO Luke Powell said, “Liam is a fierce competitor and very strong in the air. We feel that Liam can play a big role in seeing us bounce back quickly to finals football in 2020. His ability to play both in the ruck and up forward will give the team greater flexibility next year.”

On his signing Liam said “I am really looking forward to joining the Eagles in 2020 and testing myself in the SANFL competition. After coming across to Adelaide a few weeks ago and speaking to Jade, Luke and a few of the players, I got to experience the professionalism of the Club and felt the Eagles were the best fit for me. I can’t wait to get started.”

Liam will be over for a couple of weeks of the Pre-Season prior to Christmas before fully relocating in the new year.

Please join us in welcoming Liam to the Club
Last edited by MJP1993 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
blood bath wrote:Jono Beech to take a year away from SANFL Football

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/jono ... -football/

I see he signed at Southport

Touring Europe with his girlfriend for part of the year and spending time with two of his brothers who live up there.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Groucho » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm

northerner wrote:It appears that the Dogs may be close to nabbing a son of an AFL legend from Wagga, a quick mid who has played ressies at Sydney.

I hope he plays more than 1 season with us.

Also hope he is good enough to be one of our best players but not good enough to be stolen by the Offal (AFL) or worse Norwood.
I can hear them opening the safe at Norwood as we type. No salary cap and can speak , lure players from all the other clubs whether contracted or not..
Last edited by Groucho on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm

northerner wrote:It appears that the Dogs may be close to nabbing a son of an AFL legend from Wagga, a quick mid who has played ressies at Sydney.

Possibly a bit of 'bling' in this one?
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Tyson Goldsack choosing amateur league over State Leagues.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:09 pm

whufc wrote:Tyson Goldsack choosing amateur league over State Leagues.

An AFL premiership player with nothing more to prove would have made the decision easy I guess.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby JK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:29 pm

Groucho wrote:

Also hope he is good enough to be one of our best players but not good enough to be stolen by the Offal (AFL) or worse Norwood.
I can hear them opening the safe at Norwood as we type. No salary cap and can speak , lure players from all the other clubs whether contracted or not..

Whinging this far out from the season, gotta be a record even for you. Remember the days when you guys just got shit done rather than boo-hooing in the corner :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:13 pm

JK wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Whinging this far out from the season, gotta be a record even for you. Remember the days when you guys just got shit done rather than boo-hooing in the corner :lol:

Not sure the money would be coming from the club safe!!!!!!!!!!
I think its an absolute bloody joke what Norwood have been getting away with for years....and there arent too many outside of Norwood who would disagree.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby nwdfanparade » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Groucho wrote:... I can hear them opening the safe at Norwood as we type. No salary cap and can speak , lure players from all the other clubs whether contracted or not..

blueandwhite wrote: ... I think its an absolute bloody joke what Norwood have been getting away with for years....and there arent too many outside of Norwood who would disagree.

Where's your proof of your accusation?

IIRC, both Centrals and South Adelaide have also been found guilty of breaching the salary cap.

If we overpay our players, why have numerous players left our club for other SANFL clubs?

Groucho & blueandwhite, your comments can be summed up as
image.jpg
image.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:33 pm

As long as the SANFL endorses 2 clubs being about 30 times over the salary cap each year who cares if the genuine clubs are over it also
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:45 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
JK wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Not sure the money would be coming from the club safe!!!!!!!!!!
I think its an absolute bloody joke what Norwood have been getting away with for years....and there arent too many outside of Norwood who would disagree.

Brent Tuckey disagrees ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Wow theres a blast from ancient history!! 13 years ago!!!!!!!!! - if you read that , you would have also read that South were the recipients of a large fine for that breach of the salary cap in that instance.
We did'nt squirm our way out of suspension or the fine by doing a sweet heart deal with sanfl to change our vote on allowing Afl teams to join the sanfl in exchange for exoneration.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:59 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Wow theres a blast from ancient history!! 13 years ago!!!!!!!!! - if you read that , you would have also read that South were the recipients of a large fine for that breach of the salary cap in that instance.
We did'nt squirm our way out of suspension or the fine by doing a sweet heart deal with sanfl to change our vote on allowing Afl teams to join the sanfl in exchange for exoneration.

Right, so there’s a time when breaking the cap is acceptable? Got it :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:28 pm

JK wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:Wow theres a blast from ancient history!! 13 years ago!!!!!!!!! - if you read that , you would have also read that South were the recipients of a large fine for that breach of the salary cap in that instance.

Never a time, its unacceptable- you do the crime- you do the time, or you should.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:59 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
JK wrote:

Never a time, its unacceptable- you do the crime- you do the time, or you should.

Pretty sure both our clubs did?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby LMA » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Jim05 wrote:As long as the SANFL endorses 2 clubs being about 30 times over the salary cap each year who cares if the genuine clubs are over it also

That's a good argument if they played their best 22 in the SANFL :roll:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:Tyson Goldsack choosing amateur league over State Leagues.

An AFL premiership player with nothing more to prove would have made the decision easy I guess.

Call me cynical but can SANFL clubs offer scholarships for prestigious education like some of the A1 "Clubs" can?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:As long as the SANFL endorses 2 clubs being about 30 times over the salary cap each year who cares if the genuine clubs are over it also

That's a good argument if they played their best 22 in the SANFL :roll:

So what was the value of the Port side that played in the GF compared to Glenelg?
Marshall and Frampton alone are nearly worth more than the SANFL salary cap so whilst two clubs operate under a different set of rules I’m more than happy for all clubs to follow suit and break the cap
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL