I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby tipper » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 am

Spargo wrote:What if it was for defamation of character?

did someone accuse you of being a crows supporter or something?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 am

tipper wrote:

That’s as bad as it comes..........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby RB » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:36 am

Again it depends what the compensation is based on, but with defamation, particularly at the relatively low level, it's highly likely to be damages for pain and suffering and thus doesn't need to be included in your tax return.

Some of the really big compensation awards (e.g. Geoffrey Rush) might include special damages, that is damages to compensate for an actual monetary loss, in which case that component would be assessable.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby LMA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am

tipper wrote:

Yeah I seen it. It was right in front of me, right in front of me :lol: ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:59 am

What sort of wanker has a flag in his front yard :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:52 pm

I have cricket related clearance question.

We had a disgruntled player leave our club this week, joining a neighbouring club. They put in a clearance for him but we denied it as he is unfinancial after not paying he fees last season. He played for his new club today (I found out after he posted a photo on his Snapchat story) despite not being cleared from us and was not named on MyCricket (they only had 10 named) so I'm assuming he is unregistered for them at the moment? Would of they been able to have a permit or temporary transfer granted for him despite having his clearance denied by us? And therefore hs he still allowed to play for them in today's match?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Wouldnt have thought so unless the league gave him unofficial consent to play with the clearance to be sorted out during the week
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:Wouldnt have thought so unless the league gave him unofficial consent to play with the clearance to be sorted out during the week
I'm assuming that's what's happened, it has been mentioned that the competition they're in doesn't do permits, therefore unofficial consent would be the only option? We have to find out.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:44 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Wouldnt have thought so unless the league gave him unofficial consent to play with the clearance to be sorted out during the week
I'm assuming that's what's happened, it has been mentioned that the competition they're in doesn't do permits, therefore unofficial consent would be the only option? We have to find out.

Is he playing a two dayer or one dayer.
I had a similar issue last month, my son was cleared from one club to another in a different comp without us filling out any forms or making any formal commitment, he trained once at the club that put the clearance in.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:08 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I have cricket related clearance question.

We had a disgruntled player leave our club this week, joining a neighbouring club. They put in a clearance for him but we denied it as he is unfinancial after not paying he fees last season. He played for his new club today (I found out after he posted a photo on his Snapchat story) despite not being cleared from us and was not named on MyCricket (they only had 10 named) so I'm assuming he is unregistered for them at the moment? Would of they been able to have a permit or temporary transfer granted for him despite having his clearance denied by us? And therefore hs he still allowed to play for them in today's match?

Every comp has different rules.
In mine they would lose all their points and the assoc wouldn't even entertain a permit if the clearance had been denied
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Is he playing a two dayer or one dayer.
I had a similar issue last month, my son was cleared from one club to another in a different comp without us filling out any forms or making any formal commitment, he trained once at the club that put the clearance in.

Two day game.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:21 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Every comp has different rules.
In mine they would lose all their points and the assoc wouldn't even entertain a permit if the clearance had been denied

Yeah it's become apparent to me that every association has different rules, our comp is exactly the same as yours as far as I know, our association president runs a pretty tight ship.
Our president will be contacting the other association to find out what the situation is.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:40 am

So who left for Districts?
LMA
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 am

LMA wrote:

Not Port Districts.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:44 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
LMA wrote:

Not Port Districts.

You still at Havens then?
LMA
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 am

LMA wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
LMA wrote:

Not Port Districts.

You still at Havens then?

Yes.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 pm

TDK, I'd be advising the association, who will immediately revoke their points for the game. Time to be tough on these imbeciles.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

TDK, I'd be advising the association, who will immediately revoke their points for the game. Time to be tough on these imbeciles.

Yep, our president will be making an equiry to their association and yes we intend to be tough on them.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 am

I'm interested if PIRSA / Fisheries popped down to Grange jetty yesterday afternoon after I called and told them of the two ladies with 14 crab nets between them. 3 per person is the legal limit, they had 14 between them and made an absolute pain in the arse of themselves as they untied other people's nets and moved the ropes so they could squeeze all their's in right off the end of the jetty. I told them to piss off, she claims she didn't understand, I explained everyone understands what piss off means, so piss off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:52 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
LMA wrote:

Not Port Districts.

So someone has left the Haven's and played week 1 for the Pirates in Grade 3 of the PDCA?

I guess they are thinking/hoping that the player is cleared by Thursday week when the deadline is for entering the match stats.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion