Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby MatteeG » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm

I might get some of that Booney, dont reckon I've had a dream during sleep for the best part of a decade!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
whatever

people like you give me the sh*ts... If i got past 50 i was almost guaranteed not to make a ton... Made 30+ 50's with only one century. Was a big one though 167

Not my fault you couldn't apply yourself for long enough.

:D

it's probably no surprise that my attention span is that big :lol:

such a frustrating cricket career....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:14 pm

All the f***heads having a dig at the Morrison Government climate policy being responsible for the bushfires. Pretty sure climate change has been an issue since long before he was the LNP leader. An Inconvenient Truth came out in 2006. Didn't hear anyone having a go at Rudd when the black friday fires tore through Victoria in 2009. Leftard morons at their finest.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:28 pm

cracka wrote:All the f***heads having a dig at the Morrison Government climate policy being responsible for the bushfires. Pretty sure climate change has been an issue since long before he was the LNP leader. An Inconvenient Truth came out in 2006. Didn't hear anyone having a go at Rudd when the black friday fires tore through Victoria in 2009. Leftard morons at their finest.

A bloke who was a former firefighter was on the phone to the Channel 9 morning show on Saturday watching the fire heading towards his town fearing the worst and giving some in depth commentary, he had a fair crack at the Greens for not allowing the back-burning required that would've made the whole situation a hell of a lot more controllable, it was harrowing to watch and hear, I felt so helpless.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:38 pm

cracka wrote:All the f***heads having a dig at the Morrison Government climate policy being responsible for the bushfires. Pretty sure climate change has been an issue since long before he was the LNP leader. An Inconvenient Truth came out in 2006. Didn't hear anyone having a go at Rudd when the black friday fires tore through Victoria in 2009. Leftard morons at their finest.

Makes it hard to discuss anything when people either use "leftard" or "alt-right / nazi", you've got some idea they aren't very good at listening to the other side of the argument so there's no real point trying to have a discussion.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

A bloke who was a former firefighter was on the phone to the Channel 9 morning show on Saturday watching the fire heading towards his town fearing the worst and giving some in depth commentary, he had a fair crack at the Greens for not allowing the back-burning required that would've made the whole situation a hell of a lot more controllable, it was harrowing to watch and hear, I felt so helpless.

The Greens - “shudders”...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Corona Man » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I drove through Northcote Sunday morning..... you wouldn't like the joint much mate!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I've seen an article where a volunteer fire fighter has disputed those claims and there's also this from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -reduction

Don't know what to believe. I think it was at least 6 years ago when it was being discussed by Leon Byner about not being able to burn off forrest fuel in SA because it will kill some spiders, snakes etc
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I actually agree with some of the greens policies but then I agree with some things Pauline Hanson has said. :shock:
cracka
Veteran

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 am

Get your head around this :

Astronomers have spotted something they weren't expecting – a star that has been travelling at 6 million kilometres an hour for 5 million years. :shock:

Astronomers – including scientists from UNSW Sydney – have spotted an ultrafast star, traveling at a blistering 6 million km/h, after being ejected by the supermassive black hole at the heart at the Milky Way five million years ago. This star is moving so fast, it will leave the galaxy and head into intergalactic space.

The discovery of the star, known as S5-HVS1, was made by Sergey Koposov from Carnegie Mellon University as part of the Southern Stellar Stream Spectroscopic Survey (S5). Located in the constellation of Grus – the Crane – S5-HVS1 was found to be moving 10 times faster than most stars in the Milky Way.

https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/scien ... t-darkness

Cool shit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:09 am

Booney wrote:Get your head around this :

Astronomers have spotted something they weren't expecting – a star that has been travelling at 6 million kilometres an hour for 5 million years. :shock:

Astronomers – including scientists from UNSW Sydney – have spotted an ultrafast star, traveling at a blistering 6 million km/h, after being ejected by the supermassive black hole at the heart at the Milky Way five million years ago. This star is moving so fast, it will leave the galaxy and head into intergalactic space.

The discovery of the star, known as S5-HVS1, was made by Sergey Koposov from Carnegie Mellon University as part of the Southern Stellar Stream Spectroscopic Survey (S5). Located in the constellation of Grus – the Crane – S5-HVS1 was found to be moving 10 times faster than most stars in the Milky Way.

Cool shit.

Cheers, now I have that Soundgarden song stuck in my head.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am

Booney wrote:Get your head around this :

Cool shit.

Amazing just how big that joint is out there. Crazy
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:55 pm

cracka wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I actually agree with some of the greens policies but then I agree with some things Pauline Hanson has said. :shock:

I'm the same cracka. If I could parcel up all the good bits, that party would be worth voting for. As it stands, I don't bother.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 am

After a huge Saturday night we made it home and the missus was complaining about having to do shopping amongst other stuff.

She went out for a bit and came home to me camped in bed watching the cricket chilling out.

She walks in, takes one look, shakes her head and says "Gee, I wish I could do that"

"You don't even like cricket" I replied.

For some reason that fired her up even more.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Hearing last night that a man was swept off rocks at Whalers Way near Port Lincoln. Seeing the pictures today on Advertiser site I can only say I am dumbfounded someone would be where he is. It's notoriously dangerous and people have been swept away much higher up where a freak wave might get you. The fact he is a local makes it more unbelievable, effing moron....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 pm

I don't understand people. The last few weeks someone has parked in front of our house. No dramas, we then put our bins on the next door neighbours median strip (which isn't their land). Plenty of room for their bins and ours and no fault of ours.
This morning my missus backs into the bins because they've moved them onto our driveway.
What would go through people's minds that they get so upset someone has their bins in front of their house not on their land that they would feel the need to move them?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:31 pm

You need better neighbors

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:37 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:You need better neighbors

It's weird and hence why I posted in this thread as a couple of months ago the guy asked me if he could mow my front yard while he had his mower out.
I said sure, if you want to but I was happy to do it on my normal schedule.

I'll confront him and ask him why, people are weird.
We're normally perfect neighbours, no noise, beautifully upkept house, etc but I'm tempted to get my top of the range portable speaker out in the backyard this weekend, possibly just after their screaming baby goes to sleep. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Arrive 20mins early for my car service at 3.

The 2 behind the desk look at each other and are somewhat shocked....at what I dont know....
Anyway they've just given instructions to get started ASAP
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:You need better neighbors

It's weird and hence why I posted in this thread as a couple of months ago the guy asked me if he could mow my front yard while he had his mower out.
I said sure, if you want to but I was happy to do it on my normal schedule.

I'll confront him and ask him why, people are weird.
We're normally perfect neighbours, no noise, beautifully upkept house, etc but I'm tempted to get my top of the range portable speaker out in the backyard this weekend, possibly just after their screaming baby goes to sleep. ;)

The hearing range for infants is significantly larger than for adults. Have your speaker put out a pure sinusoid of 15 kHz or thereabouts. The parents will have no idea why the baby won't stay asleep :twisted:

Not that I'd ever do this myself....
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion