SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby DOC » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:38 am

Think that's right. Ours has not been guaranteed yet but the cub is confident that this will be the case.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:16 am

So the mini Showdown, before the real Showdown, if you are a Magpie member you will get free entry into a Adelaide Crows home game, if I read that correctly?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby LMA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:So the mini Showdown, before the real Showdown, if you are a Magpie member you will get free entry into a Adelaide Crows home game, if I read that correctly?

If you're a Season Magpie member, yes. Home Game member, No. The same as North.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby sib » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:37 pm

why would you pay for a Magpies membership now when this year they have made the Power 11 game membership include Alberton games.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:44 pm

sib wrote:why would you pay for a Magpies membership now when this year they have made the Power 11 game membership include Alberton games.

Coz you don’t care about the Power and the magpie membership is still cheaper.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:45 pm

LMA wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So the mini Showdown, before the real Showdown, if you are a Magpie member you will get free entry into a Adelaide Crows home game, if I read that correctly?

Do Carlton members get in for free as well to the Carlton game?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:50 pm

LMA wrote:

OK, I thought the Crows didn't have any "home" games under the AFL in SANFL agreement, obviously changed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby LMA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
LMA wrote:

OK, I thought the Crows didn't have any "home" games under the AFL in SANFL agreement, obviously changed.

Reckon the SANFL could be trying to tap in to the younger generation of Crows supporters who may not support a SANFL team in the hope it could boost the attendance at their games. Or could it be a precursor to an AFL reserves comp?
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Wow what an idea ! Mate they have been trying that for a very long time . Is it a financial issue down Port that has pushed it ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Brett » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:04 pm

I like the idea of a few Friday night games early but from a supporters view it not good. Its time its upgraded otherwise people wont go . Do we supporters ever get a say ???
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby LMA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:31 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:

Do Carlton members get in for free as well to the Carlton game?

No but you can get in on your Power or Magpies membership ;)
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Brett wrote:I like the idea of a few Friday night games early but from a supporters view it not good. Its time its upgraded otherwise people wont go . Do we supporters ever get a say ???

Don't go then, get off the **** fence and show some balls man. The bounce of the ball starts with you.
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Brett wrote:Wow what an idea ! Mate they have been trying that for a very long time . Is it a financial issue down Port that has pushed it ?

I wouldn't of thought Port would benefit much financially by playing at AO. A fair bit of revenue would be lost from not hosting at Alberton IMO.
LMA
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:11 am

Dutchy wrote:
LMA wrote:

I think one of the two mini Showdowns is listed as an Adelaide home game, that's why we go bush once a year. A good thing, I might add.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby PanthersFan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:35 am

Booney wrote:One weekend off for the state game and one split round, much better than the previous fixture.

Every team also has a bye, so 3 weeks off in total for each team.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PanthersFan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:37 am

DOC wrote:Think that's right. Ours has not been guaranteed yet but the cub is confident that this will be the case.

SANFL article states SAFC home ticket members get entry to the Adelaide Oval game. I also rang the club to confirm this and I was told yes this is the case. I’ll see you there :D
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:32 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:“It also presents an excellent opportunity to expose the competition to more South Australian football fans.”

This is a staggering comment really, an admission that they have failed in promotion of the SANFL in recent years?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby PanthersFan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:53 am

Dutchy wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:“It also presents an excellent opportunity to expose the competition to more South Australian football fans.”

This is a staggering comment really, an admission that they have failed in promotion of the SANFL in recent years?

I find it amazing/amusing/sad how many crows fans have no idea about the SANFL. I'm 32 and very much in the minority of people my age who support the SANFL (although I don't follow the AFL and am certainly NOT a crows fan), let alone the people younger than me who would have even less of an idea. The exceptions are those that play in the junior system for SANFL clubs. The question is, why didn't the parents of my generation and younger pass on the SANFL to their children? Mine did, and others may have tried. I put it down to the "being seen" factor. A lot go to the AFL games just because it's the "social " thing to do. I am of course generalising here and this only applies to those in their late teens to early 30s. Sorry about the long post!
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Glenelg premiership mentor Mark Stone will coach the West End State team against the WAFL in 2020.

Replacing departed North Adelaide coach Josh Carr, who has joined AFL club Fremantle as an assistant, Stone will guide the Croweaters against the Sandgropers at Adelaide Oval on Saturday May 9.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Stone said he was honoured to be asked to coach the West End State team, noting the importance of the concept in terms of State pride and for players to test themselves at a high standard.

SANFL will be looking to break the recent trend of away victories after the WAFL won the Haydn Bunton Junior Cup at Adelaide Oval in 2018 before the West End State team returned the favour in Perth in 2019.

The 2020 clash between the Nullarbor neighbours will be played after the Adelaide v Fremantle AFL match, with fans granted free access after the final siren of the Crows v Dockers encounter.

Norwood premiership rover Stephen Rowe will continue in his role as Chairman of Selectors, with the selection panel set to meet for the first time in March before Round 1 of the Statewide Super League season.

Stone’s assistant coaching panel will be finalised early in the New Year, with the training schedule expected to mirror this year’s successful shortened format.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby clanger » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Also SACA members get free admission to all SANFL games at Adelaide Oval. With SANFL and SACA members there could be quite a few extra people getting into these games.
clanger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL