SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Brett » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:22 pm

LMA wrote:
Brett wrote:I like the idea of a few Friday night games early but from a supporters view it not good. Its time its upgraded otherwise people wont go . Do we supporters ever get a say ???

Don't go then, get off the **** fence and show some balls man. The bounce of the ball starts with you.

What fence are you on about ? I think the lights are ordinary and many people do as well . Is that OK ? Didnt think it was that difficult to understand .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:27 pm

clanger wrote:Also SACA members get free admission to all SANFL games at Adelaide Oval. With SANFL and SACA members there could be quite a few extra people getting into these games.

Really? So I can go to the Showdown as a SACA member for free cause there is a SANFL game on?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brett » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Yes as part of the membership SANFL games are free.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
clanger wrote:Also SACA members get free admission to all SANFL games at Adelaide Oval. With SANFL and SACA members there could be quite a few extra people getting into these games.

Really? So I can go to the Showdown as a SACA member for free cause there is a SANFL game on?

That is interesting. I have Adelaide Oval membership and don’t get any rights for entry during cricket season unless I pay for it.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:06 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

That is interesting. I have Adelaide Oval membership and don’t get any rights for entry during cricket season unless I pay for it.

Been like that for years. I had both footy and SACA membership the first year the oval got upgraded and my SACA membership got me a lot of benefits like seats to AFL games in great spots/packages but my footy membership got me stuff all in the cricket season.
Didn't worry me as I had 6 tix including associate memberships but it was apparent who got the best deal.

Just a shame the "ultimate" packages fell through that would have been a 12 month membership due to lack of interest.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Brett wrote:Yes as part of the membership SANFL games are free.

Interesting loophole if correct, unlikely to happen but could mean the western stand needs to fit in a few extra thousand to the biggest attended game of the year, potential chaos!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Brett » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Members of the South Australian Cricket Association enjoy a range of benefits well beyond the cricket season - with entry to all Cricket Australia international and domestic cricket matches played at one of the world's great cricket venues - Adelaide Oval, the opportunity to book for exclusive events year-round and access to the iconic SACA Village Green.

SACA Membership is one of the most prestigious and sought-after Memberships in the world.

In addition to cricket rights, other privileges of being a SACA Member include:

Entry to all Cricket Australia international and domestic cricket matches played at the Adelaide Oval and the Karen Rolton Oval, including all Adelaide Strikers' home matches and finals
Access to Members' only facilities and seats in the western stand and Riverbank Stand, as well as the iconic SACA Village Green in the SACA Members' Area, for what is now one of Adelaide's premier annual social events
The opportunity to book for exclusive Members' dining events, including the SACA Members' Test Match Dinner, cricket match-day dining and AFL hospitality in our Gil Langley Room and SACA Committee Room
The option to purchase a Transferable Associate Card each year for a guest to use throughout the season
The opportunity to purchase Guest Passes and invite guests to the SACA Members' Area on selected match days
Reciprocal privileges at various interstate and international cricket venues including Lord's Cricket Ground in London, Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Sydney Cricket Ground
Free entry to all SANFL matches played at Adelaide Oval (not applicable to Transferable Associate Cardholders)
Nomination and voting rights for the SACA Board elections and voting at SACA's Annual General Meeting
Free guided tours of Adelaide Oval on presentation of your Member card
The opportunity to purchase daily seat holds (pre-reserved seating) in the SACA Members' Area
Access to an alcohol-free seating area in the SACA Members' Area
Although not guaranteed, SACA will endeavour to negotiate on our Members' behalf for discounts, priority booking or exclusive Member offerings for other events held at Adelaide Oval
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:59 pm

Well there you go, I might go if it looks like being a good game
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:Yes as part of the membership SANFL games are free.

Interesting loophole if correct, unlikely to happen but could mean the western stand needs to fit in a few extra thousand to the biggest attended game of the year, potential chaos!

I would assume for a Showdown that just rocking up doesn’t guarantee entry.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby LMA » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:04 am

Also may only work for entry prior to or just on the start of the SANFL game. Rocking up at 3QT of the early game may void free entry.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 am

Ill ask the SACA closer to the game to confirm, smart way to get a few extra to the game though potentially
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Doddy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:08 pm

I bet SACA will exclude the free access somehow, they are pretty sneaky with providing on the entitlements they promise. They were sending ads for the 2020 world cup to members to buy tickets, I sent email to them saying why should I buy, I get free entry to all cricket at the Adelaide Oval - they said free admission for members was only for ACB endorsed games and another promoter owned the 2020 world cup. I went to the ACB site and saw a link to tickets for these games, looking like every other link to tickets for tests etc. Sent that to SACA and heard crickets (NPI).
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Groucho » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Aren't Crows games usually sold out? I'm not sure how they are going to be able to admit SANFL & SACA etc ticket holders.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Doddy wrote:I bet SACA will exclude the free access somehow, they are pretty sneaky with providing on the entitlements they promise. They were sending ads for the 2020 world cup to members to buy tickets, I sent email to them saying why should I buy, I get free entry to all cricket at the Adelaide Oval - they said free admission for members was only for ACB endorsed games and another promoter owned the 2020 world cup. I went to the ACB site and saw a link to tickets for these games, looking like every other link to tickets for tests etc. Sent that to SACA and heard crickets (NPI).
They have you on a technicality.....World Cup cricket is an ICC event not Cricket Australia.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Been like that for years. I had both footy and SACA membership the first year the oval got upgraded and my SACA membership got me a lot of benefits like seats to AFL games in great spots/packages but my footy membership got me stuff all in the cricket season.
Didn't worry me as I had 6 tix including associate memberships but it was apparent who got the best deal.

Just a shame the "ultimate" packages fell through that would have been a 12 month membership due to lack of interest.

it wasnt a lack of interest. It was due to the SACA not allowing the ultimate membership being transferrable. SACA never want transferrable tickets
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby LMA » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Groucho wrote:Aren't Crows games usually sold out? I'm not sure how they are going to be able to admit SANFL & SACA etc ticket holders.

Their showdown home game and games against bigger vic clubs usually are.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brett » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:57 pm

Travis Schiller in doubt for the year with an injury.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Al22 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 am

Brett wrote:Travis Schiller in doubt for the year with an injury.

Bad luck all round if his foot injury does keep him out for a while. Travis is very important in our side and his inside clearance could work with Boyd very well. But we have picked up Boyd and Travis should be back for the finals! Boyd's mindset should be pretty good, now a senior and older player back with his premiership club, new coach, new team mates and reported to be very fit.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:37 am

The signing of Boyd makes even more sense
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby holden78 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 am

Boyd should be a nice pickup for Dogs. Having both Poole and him didn’t always look balanced for the Eagles,
so probably a win/win for both clubs.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL