Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:28 pm

And we can camp in the backyard?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby whufc » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:31 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And we can camp in the backyard?

Mate we pay stuff all to rent a 4 bedroom, 2 living rooms, 2, ensuites, 1 toilet, 1 pool.

You can have one end of the house lol.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LMA » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:54 am

Looking at going somewhere for my wifes 40th in Feb. Any recommendations for a place that would hold a group of 16-20 and offer a drinks package. I know Lickerish at Semaphore do, which would suit me being walking distance, but she wants to go outside the area possibly the City.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 am

LMA wrote:Looking at going somewhere for my wifes 40th in Feb. Any recommendations for a place that would hold a group of 16-20 and offer a drinks package. I know Lickerish at Semaphore do, which would suit me being walking distance, but she wants to go outside the area possibly the City.

Look into the Moseley Beach Club. You can hire booths and the cost of hiring is inclusive of a drinks and food package up to the cost of the booking. The. You can pay as you go once that is gone. Great food, amazing atmosphere and the view isn’t too bad in summer either!
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby JK » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:50 am

The Hackney? Havelock? Royal at Torrensville?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:37 am

JK wrote:The Hackney? Havelock? Royal at Torrensville?

Hackneys closed down for major reno's
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:46 am

My lad hasn't eaten since Friday so I thought I'd go to the food court in the Gold Coast University hospital as the eateries look pretty good there.

I thought no kid resist pizza so i went with that, I bring it back to the room open it up and he takes a look then rolls over and goes to sleep.

Not letting it go to waste I thought I better sample some, i must say, I've never had a McCains frozen pizza cooked to perfection like they did! No wonder he wasn't interested.

I'll try a roast pork roll next but I'm running out of options, he hooks into the chicken two minute noodles at home so perhaps I'll go buy some of them.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 am

Marino Rocks restaurant and cafe.

Celebrated my birthday upstairs in the restaurant on the balcony with a few family and friends for lunch.
Some of the best seafood we have all eaten.
Washed down with some wonderful wines.
Magnificent views up and down the coast.
Cafe doing a roaring trade downstairs.

Happy New Year to all SAFooty family.
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:44 pm

The food festival on the app the fork.com.au
50% off total food bill at participating restaurants Australia wide until the 9th of Feb.
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 pm

My missus and I went out to a winery in the Hills yesterday to look at as a possible wedding venue and go for a bit of a tour of the place, we couldn't have lunch there as they were booked out. No worries as we weren't far away from the Lobethal Bierhaus. Gone past there many times and always wanted to go there and try the food and beer so we decided to have lunch there. It was reasonably busy but not packed and got a table as soon as we got in. I initially wanted the Pastrami on Rye while my missus wanted the cheese board. She went and ordered and stood in the line which was not overly long for 15/20 mins, it was ridiculously slow. She got to the counter and ordered but they had no Pastrami left, she asked about the lamb shoulder and chicken breast too but they had apparently run out of those dishes. God knows how a restaurant of that size runs out of food but anyway she got me the steak which while tasted pretty good it was way too small for its $36.5 price tag. Even her cheese platter was $22.5 which we thought was quite pricey. We waited almost 45 mins for our food, by then it was past 2.30, most people that were initially there had left and the restaurant was a third full. It was an annoying wait, at least my scooner of chocolate oatmeal shout was good.
So we were a bit pissed off after that dining experience, we tried it out, it was too expensive and won't be going back. Not as good as I was hoping it would be and not worth the money IMO.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby JK » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:08 am

The Dark Knight wrote:My missus and I went out to a winery in the Hills yesterday to look at as a possible wedding venue and go for a bit of a tour of the place, we couldn't have lunch there as they were booked out. No worries as we weren't far away from the Lobethal Bierhaus. Gone past there many times and always wanted to go there and try the food and beer so we decided to have lunch there. It was reasonably busy but not packed and got a table as soon as we got in. I initially wanted the Pastrami on Rye while my missus wanted the cheese board. She went and ordered and stood in the line which was not overly long for 15/20 mins, it was ridiculously slow. She got to the counter and ordered but they had no Pastrami left, she asked about the lamb shoulder and chicken breast too but they had apparently run out of those dishes. God knows how a restaurant of that size runs out of food but anyway she got me the steak which while tasted pretty good it was way too small for its $36.5 price tag. Even her cheese platter was $22.5 which we thought was quite pricey. We waited almost 45 mins for our food, by then it was past 2.30, most people that were initially there had left and the restaurant was a third full. It was an annoying wait, at least my scooner of chocolate oatmeal shout was good.
So we were a bit pissed off after that dining experience, we tried it out, it was too expensive and won't be going back. Not as good as I was hoping it would be and not worth the money IMO.

Been a long time since I went there (approx 10 years) but the food and drink was excellent. The attitude of the staff however put me off ever returning.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:23 am

Waiting 15-20mins in line would have put me off

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My missus and I went out to a winery in the Hills yesterday to look at as a possible wedding venue and go for a bit of a tour of the place, we couldn't have lunch there as they were booked out. No worries as we weren't far away from the Lobethal Bierhaus. Gone past there many times and always wanted to go there and try the food and beer so we decided to have lunch there. It was reasonably busy but not packed and got a table as soon as we got in. I initially wanted the Pastrami on Rye while my missus wanted the cheese board. She went and ordered and stood in the line which was not overly long for 15/20 mins, it was ridiculously slow. She got to the counter and ordered but they had no Pastrami left, she asked about the lamb shoulder and chicken breast too but they had apparently run out of those dishes. God knows how a restaurant of that size runs out of food but anyway she got me the steak which while tasted pretty good it was way too small for its $36.5 price tag. Even her cheese platter was $22.5 which we thought was quite pricey. We waited almost 45 mins for our food, by then it was past 2.30, most people that were initially there had left and the restaurant was a third full. It was an annoying wait, at least my scooner of chocolate oatmeal shout was good.

Golding?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Bond Store at Wallaroo. Not really a pub, nor a restaurant but I thought I'd offer up something a little different.

At about 9 bucks an imperial pint, it isn't cheap. The distillery was very impressive and the surrounds were more than adequate. The downstairs gin bar is dark but adds to the intrigue of the place.

Good 'chill' music in the background making it an easy way to spend an afternoon.

Good selection of beers but I think the food is too expensive. There were by my count, 7 staff on (could be counting double for some as I'd had a couple of gins by that stage.

I hope they can survive the off season because the idea of having a gin bar anywhere near our holiday house is great. Now all they need is a closeby Uber!

Food - 3/10 (by price only - we didn't eat there)
Selection of Beer - 8/10
Cost of beer - 7/10 (goes up in price by alcohol percentage)
Other drinks on offer - 8/10
Things to do for kids - 0/10 (not a criticism, just don't take them, its just a reason to leave them at home and enjoy yourselves for an afternoon)
Gins - 10/10 (price and taste)

The pick of the bunch is the coffee liqueur. I purchased a bottle on the back of the 30ml schnifter I partook!

https://www.bondstore.net.au/
https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/ShowUser ... ralia.html
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Golding?
Yes Golding Wines but it's not available on the date we want and it's out of our price range anyway which we sort of knew going there plus we pretty much already chosen the venue we want but my missus still wanted to go for the free tasting haha. Golding Wines is a nice spot!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Bond Store at Wallaroo. Not really a pub, nor a restaurant but I thought I'd offer up something a little different.

At about 9 bucks an imperial pint, it isn't cheap. The distillery was very impressive and the surrounds were more than adequate. The downstairs gin bar is dark but adds to the intrigue of the place.

Good 'chill' music in the background making it an easy way to spend an afternoon.

Good selection of beers but I think the food is too expensive. There were by my count, 7 staff on (could be counting double for some as I'd had a couple of gins by that stage.

I hope they can survive the off season because the idea of having a gin bar anywhere near our holiday house is great. Now all they need is a closeby Uber!

Selection of Beer - 8/10
Things to do for kids - 0/10 (not a criticism, just don't take them, its just a reason to leave them at home and enjoy yourselves for an afternoon)

The pick of the bunch is the coffee liqueur. I purchased a bottle on the back of the 30ml schnifter I partook!

Went there on Sunday your review saved me from writing one..agree 100%
whufc
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 pm

whufc wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Bond Store at Wallaroo. Not really a pub, nor a restaurant but I thought I'd offer up something a little different.

Selection of Beer - 8/10

I'm not doubting your agreement with me WHUFC but did you eat there? Was it busy? Did you stagger out? I was there on Thursday/Friday (can't recall) and it was pretty busy, 30 people there approx. Tell me more, tell me more! ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Selection of Beer - 8/10

$9 for an imperial pint is exceptionally cheap.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:29 am

gadj1976 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Selection of Beer - 8/10

I'm not doubting your agreement with me WHUFC but did you eat there? Was it busy? Did you stagger out? I was there on Thursday/Friday (can't recall) and it was pretty busy, 30 people there approx. Tell me more, tell me more! ;-)

Yeah i did eat there. Due to the prices we only ordered the 'fried chicken' which was 3 pieces of chicken and a bowl of fries. Still come to around $30 i think. The food came out in about 20 minutes which we thought was reasonable considering we were there to try beers/gins.

The food was real nice but barely touched the sides.

The place was pumping we got the only both seats left available but the place was very spacious, the bar was big enough and they had enough staff on so the service was good, quick and friendly.

Personally i would definitely go back, keeping in mind Wallaroo is only a 50 minute drive down the road from me. When i go back though i will probably go to a local pub, get a big feed in and then head over and get stuck right into the drinks.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:07 am

Do you get the scoopon deals emailed to you?

If you're into grazing platters and wineries they have some excellent deals in there, most come with a bottle to take home aswell.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion