Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:Yep, we're up "for sale" and we're getting told very little.

Is it 100%? Is it 51%? Is it 49% and the board keeps the controlling share? Very disappointed with how we're being treated, particularly as the company has, at last count, about 40 people over 12 years service (some over 30 years) around NZ and Australia, that's a loyal workforce who I think deserve better.

Well, there's movement at the station.

The boss is off to Melbourne on Monday to present to prospective buyers ( we now know who it is ) and see their presentation to us. We are then rolling out the red carpet for a group on Tuesday as they come and tour here.

The prospective buyer is in the same industry as us, has a good share of the Canadian and US markets and put us to shame with engineering, R&D etc. Interesting times as we might go from market leader in Australasia to part of a world leading organisation. So far, with what I know, I'm ok with this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:58 am

Booney wrote:

Is it 100%? Is it 51%? Is it 49% and the board keeps the controlling share? Very disappointed with how we're being treated, particularly as the company has, at last count, about 40 people over 12 years service (some over 30 years) around NZ and Australia, that's a loyal workforce who I think deserve better.

The boss is off to Melbourne on Monday to present to prospective buyers ( we now know who it is ) and see their presentation to us. We are then rolling out the red carpet for a group on Tuesday as they come and tour here.

The prospective buyer is in the same industry as us, has a good share of the Canadian and US markets and put us to shame with engineering, R&D etc. Interesting times as we might go from market leader in Australasia to part of a world leading organisation. So far, with what I know, I'm ok with this.

Shirt and tie on, red carpet rolled out, prospective buyers touching down around 11am, have them for 4 hours.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:

Shirt and tie on, red carpet rolled out, prospective buyers touching down around 11am, have them for 4 hours.
Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:

Lunch at Checkmates?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am

Pseudo wrote:Lunch at Checkmates?

Anyone in particular you want me to say "Hi" too?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 am

Client of mine died in the boat crash at Finnis Sunday, was only talking with him on Friday.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:10 am

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Lunch at Checkmates?

Anyone in particular you want me to say "Hi" too?

Can you please ask my mum what time dinner is tonight?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:11 am

Dutchy wrote:Client of mine died in the boat crash at Finnis Sunday, was only talking with him on Friday.

Sorry to hear mate, that sounded like a very crazy set of circumstances.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:25 am

Lost an old footy teammate on Sunday to Cancer, top bloke who sadly I hadnt seen for about 25 years ... Day before the missus lost one of her friends suddenly and unexpectedly. Last week my old man found out he has an %80 blockage in his Corotid artery and now his missus has just been diagnosed with early on-set dementia. Not sad as such, understand how life turns to shit for everyone at some stage, but another reminder of how quickly things can change and to "make hay while the sun shines".
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:34 am

Dutchy wrote:Client of mine died in the boat crash at Finnis Sunday, was only talking with him on Friday.

He'd just been on KI fighting fires for two weeks.

Fair dinkum, when it's your time.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:58 am

Booney wrote:

That is just devastating.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:34 am

Booney wrote:

and the Clarendon one on Friday, which ironically was in the paddock across the road from the CFS station.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 am

JK wrote:Lost an old footy teammate on Sunday to Cancer, top bloke who sadly I hadnt seen for about 25 years ... Day before the missus lost one of her friends suddenly and unexpectedly. Last week my old man found out he has an %80 blockage in his Corotid artery and now his missus has just been diagnosed with early on-set dementia. Not sad as such, understand how life turns to shit for everyone at some stage, but another reminder of how quickly things can change and to "make hay while the sun shines".

Yup, seems to be more of it around, or maybe just cause we are older...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby JK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear mate, sudden departures like that can be a massive jolt to the system.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Booney wrote:Shirt and tie on, red carpet rolled out, prospective buyers touching down around 11am, have them for 4 hours.

Well, Bob is beige. Not his ethnicity, his demeanour, his sense of humour, everything about him.

I've uploaded some of my best work. Nicks. Nada. Nil. Zilch.

Would be like David Copperfield making a Boeing 747 disappear in front of the National Sight Impaired Conference. Very impressive, but lost on the participants.

Bob. Is. Dull.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Who else here wants Bob to be Booneys boss??[emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Shirt and tie on, red carpet rolled out, prospective buyers touching down around 11am, have them for 4 hours.

Well, Bob is beige. Not his ethnicity, his demeanour, his sense of humour, everything about him.

I've uploaded some of my best work. Nicks. Nada. Nil. Zilch.

Would be like David Copperfield making a Boeing 747 disappear in front of the National Sight Impaired Conference. Very impressive, but lost on the participants.

Bob. Is. Dull.

Is this Bob? :lol:

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Nah this is more like Bob.
93A55713-10D9-4876-836B-05DC4B02446D.jpeg
93A55713-10D9-4876-836B-05DC4B02446D.jpeg (18.89 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:20 am

Overnight our dog Poppy, one of our two beautiful Australian Shepherds, passed away suddenly. She was 13 and a half, and dog with a real character and personality.

She had experienced some mobility issues with her hind legs in the last couple of months, and it was particularly bad last night, but there were no signs of anything more serious health-wise. I woke up during the early hours of this morning and went to check on her, only to find her downstairs, lying on her side, and 'sleeping' with her eyes open. I'm not sure how she died, but I presume her failing back legs may have had something to do with it. I only hope that it was sudden, and that she didn't suffer. I guess it was her time.

Sometimes I'd I wonder how I would deal with an inevitable day like today, and I must say I'm a lot worst than I thought I'd be, constantly fighting back tears which seem to come in waves after periods where I think I'm OK. I think it'll take a while for my wife and I to adjust.

Poppy had a great life, and was a wonderful companion. Rest in peace, my little furry, fluffy friend.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:32 am

Magellan wrote:Overnight our dog Poppy, one of our two beautiful Australian Shepherds, passed away suddenly. She was 13 and a half, and dog with a real character and personality.

She had experienced some mobility issues with her hind legs in the last couple of months, and it was particularly bad last night, but there were no signs of anything more serious health-wise. I woke up during the early hours of this morning and went to check on her, only to find her downstairs, lying on her side, and 'sleeping' with her eyes open. I'm not sure how she died, but I presume her failing back legs may have had something to do with it. I only hope that it was sudden, and that she didn't suffer. I guess it was her time.

Sometimes I'd I wonder how I would deal with an inevitable day like today, and I must say I'm a lot worst than I thought I'd be, constantly fighting back tears which seem to come in waves after periods where I think I'm OK. I think it'll take a while for my wife and I to adjust.

Poppy had a great life, and was a wonderful companion. Rest in peace, my little furry, fluffy friend.

So sorry to hear mate.

We lost a beagle to a heart murmur, we were unaware she had any issues until we saw her "frozen" on the back lawn one day. The vet said we may have missed these episodes whilst we were at work or just inside and didn't see them. Despite going onto medication she succumbed to it, we were there at the time which wasn't something I want to experience again.

RIP Poppy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion