Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:02 am

Smashed Crab wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Cheers mate.
I might try that.
Now for the phone call and 45 minutes I won’t get back trying to organise it.
Deep breathe.

I go with AGL now, I get monthly bills and most of them are estimates with the option of using their app to give them the exact reading, they even send me a reminder that a bill is coming up so I can send a reading early.

It's very handy budget-wise, I'll pay extra on the months when my car rego isn't due so I'm not getting slapped around all in the one hit, I've actually been in credit a couple of times with my gas bills.

Yeh we're with AGL and use the website to put in the correct reading and they adjust. Our meter reader is on the inside of garage door, and same problem, you cant get an accurate date of when they come. But I've seen them do an Australia Post and just put the slip in without even trying to knock.

I’m not with AGL but I assume most retailers are the same.
Cheers, I’ll look into it.

We didn’t get it read for 3 years a while back.
When they finally did I got a big credit.
They certainly don’t underestimate your bill that’s for sure.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:00 pm

I am interested to hear opinions of what the fall-out will be for Australian businesses as a result of the bushfires across the country. There are certainly local implications, but I am thinking in a broader sense. What industries will suffer, beef cattle by the sound of it, other food sources? Wineries, so that flows through (pardon the pun) into suppliers to that industry.

Booney you got an opinion here?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 am

Any IT savvy nerds out there?

My laptop refuses to play any sound, however, I can plug in my headphones and I get sound.

I thought maybe the speaker has shat itself but if I put in a HDMI cord and try to play anything through my TV, I get no sound either.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Any IT savvy nerds out there?

My laptop refuses to play any sound, however, I can plug in my headphones and I get sound.

I thought maybe the speaker has shat itself but if I put in a HDMI cord and try to play anything through my TV, I get no sound either.

Have you tried restarting it?

Someone had to say it.......
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Have you tried restarting it?

Someone had to say it.......

Yeah, I have, it's been shagged for a little while but I haven't used it much, we gained some extra space in our house so I've set up a bit of a mancave so I don't have to go to the pub for a punt on a Saturday, tryna hook the lappy up to a TV and mount it on a wall.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:07 am

I had the same thing with my work laptop this week, ended up playing with the Sound Settings in the Control Panel and got it working.

Alternatively do you have speakers that can plug in like earphones? That maybe a alternative fix.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:36 am

Dutchy wrote:

I had the same thing with my work laptop this week, ended up playing with the Sound Settings in the Control Panel and got it working.

Alternatively do you have speakers that can plug in like earphones? That maybe a alternative fix.

I just got some Poindexter from work to stuff around with it, I can't get sound via HDMI or USB but can via the speaker jack and bluetooth so I'll settle for that for now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Any Adelaidians know where the “Liberty Entertainment Complex” used to be?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby DOC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:10 am

Hindley Street
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 am

The old Greater Union Cinemas.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Any chance we could all pull together, donate a bit of cash and send a few more Power fans over to their China game, you know, out of the kindness of our hearts ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:52 am

The kids who run around with the sweaty towels at the tennis, why aren't they wearing gloves?

Those towels would be drenched.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 am

Booney wrote:The kids who run around with the sweaty towels at the tennis, why aren't they wearing gloves?

I seen an article on the weekend about the ball kids and it's that cut throat to get the big gigs at the end of the tournament that they often urinated themselves on court.

It may have changed now as they get more of a rotation and less court time each session. but geez it's a strict regime, you could tell tell by the interview they gave the girl who got hit by Raf.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:The kids who run around with the sweaty towels at the tennis, why aren't they wearing gloves?

I seen an article on the weekend about the ball kids and it's that cut throat to get the big gigs at the end of the tournament that they often urinated themselves on court.

It may have changed now as they get more of a rotation and less court time each session. but geez it's a strict regime, you could tell tell by the interview they gave the girl who got hit by Raf.

Just dug around, they don't even get paid!

They get a daily meal allowance, they get "some" tickets for family, friends and get to keep their uniforms whilst they receive an "end of tournament" gift, last year was some Beats headphones.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 am

Booney wrote:

They get a daily meal allowance, they get "some" tickets for family, friends and get to keep their uniforms whilst they receive an "end of tournament" gift, last year was some Beats headphones.

Yeah, the exposure is huge for the kids,
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:14 am

Booney wrote:

Yeah I know a lad who did it for 3 years from Adelaide, had to attend multiple training and selection sessions in months leading up to it all, all at their own expense.

Seems nuts for a sport that can so obviously afford to pay them.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:44 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

... hence the drenched towels. :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Isn't most of it all volunteer work including lines people etc. My auntie used to go over every year and she was a driver and would pick up players from the motel and drop them back off etc. That was all volunteer work. Cars were obviously provided but she didn't get paid for it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Isn't most of it all volunteer work including lines people etc. My auntie used to go over every year and she was a driver and would pick up players from the motel and drop them back off etc. That was all volunteer work. Cars were obviously provided but she didn't get paid for it.

Pretty sure it is ALL volunteer work, people just love getting close to the tennis stars.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Isn't most of it all volunteer work including lines people etc. My auntie used to go over every year and she was a driver and would pick up players from the motel and drop them back off etc. That was all volunteer work. Cars were obviously provided but she didn't get paid for it.

Pretty sure it is ALL volunteer work, people just love getting close to the tennis stars.

$71 million in prize money but none for the volunteers.
Makes perfect sense.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion