2020 Player movement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2020 Player movement

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
Big Phil wrote:The Dogs have signed former Box Hill Hawks top up player Jai Nanscawen.

Looks to be a young, quick goal kicking midfielder who played TAC Cup with the Dandenong Stingrays.

Sounds ok. Little bit worrying he has already had injury concerns as a 20 year old. I'm not sure we have the greatest record in recent times of keeping players on the park.

Lets hope this is a player the Andrews has identified from his time in Victoria.

yep, this sounds just like that, let's hope he is over his injury. Anyone know what injury he had?

Could be a Bello recommendation reading that he played a few games for Box Hill.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Big Phil » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Aaron Jospeh from The Bays has retired from SANFL footy.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Big Phil wrote:Aaron Jospeh from The Bays has retired from SANFL footy.

Curran, Scott, Close, Gould, White & now AJ from the Premiership side.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 am

Has he been training? Seems very late to make that call.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:47 am

Spargo wrote:

Spoon imminent.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:30 am

Spargo wrote:

Is Scott a definite out? Something I heard (on radio) recently made me think the door was still well ajar for him to join the fold at some stage throughout the season?

Thats a big hit to personnel, but your biggest weapon still occupies the coaches box. Bays will be right up there again imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brett » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Cant recall a year with so much player movement off season. Lot of players out and lot in . Going to be interesting . Only West seem to have not recruited much.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:29 pm

Brett wrote:Cant recall a year with so much player movement off season. Lot of players out and lot in . Going to be interesting . Only West seem to have not recruited much.

Eagles haven't recruited much either. I'm assuming they are banking on promoting their juniors
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby holden78 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 am

Eagles haven’t lost anything of note and if you look at the recruits and their positions, it
looks like very specific need filling and I have to think each player will be expected to play league all
season.
The football department look to have executed a specific plan for obvious on field issues that were
there for all to see last season.
Whether the quality and coaching matches the planning is going to be extremely interesting now!
At the very least Sheedy gets a decent chance to make a run at a gamestyle of his own with fresh
players in the mix.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:35 am

Mr Fuller wrote:
Brett wrote:Cant recall a year with so much player movement off season. Lot of players out and lot in . Going to be interesting . Only West seem to have not recruited much.

Eagles haven't recruited much either. I'm assuming they are banking on promoting their juniors

Here is a list of returning eagles and recruits

Kai Pudney (returned/Port Adelaide), Liam Buxton (Casey Demons), Rhyan Mansell (North Launceston), Damien Hill (Myponga-Sellicks/Glenelg), Pierce Seymour (Adelaide/Payneham Norwood Union), Jake Johansen (returned)
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:38 am

holden78 wrote:Eagles haven’t lost anything of note and if you look at the recruits and their positions, it
looks like very specific need filling and I have to think each player will be expected to play league all
season.
The football department look to have executed a specific plan for obvious on field issues that were
there for all to see last season.
Whether the quality and coaching matches the planning is going to be extremely interesting now!
At the very least Sheedy gets a decent chance to make a run at a gamestyle of his own with fresh
players in the mix.

From what I’ve read on footy forums. Sheedy has been training the eagles very hard . Reports like every club will say the fittest they’ve been in 10 years .
Also reports Sheedy has told some players from last year improve your skills.
But I haven’t been to training so only what I’ve read .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby DOC » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:25 am

A former NBL player and state league basketball premiership captain is taking a shot at playing SANFL football with Norwood this season.

Sam Johns, an ex-Adelaide 36ers guard, is completing a pre-season at The Parade in the hope of breaking through the ranks at the Redlegs.

The 24-year-old was a development player with the 36ers from 2014-19 and won the 2016 Adelaide Premier League title with Southern Tigers before captaining the club to the 2018 crown.

But after losing his NBL roster spot, Johns said his mind turned to having a crack at the other sport he loved as a junior.

“After I finished with the 36ers, I always had it in my head that I wanted to play footy again because I played it growing up,” said Johns, who played junior football at Reynella and Willunga.

“At first I was just thinking locally but then Norwood got in contact and I met with (coach) Jarrod Cotton.

“They got me out for a few skills sessions and then asked me to come out to pre-season.”

Johns has not given up basketball and has crossed from Southern to South Adelaide for the upcoming Premier League campaign, which will run at the same time as the SANFL season.

He said juggling the two sports will be challenge but believed it would be manageable while striving to break through at the Redlegs.

“I’ve been there since the start of pre-season and I’m loving it.” Johns says.

“It’s taken a bit of adjustment.

“The fitness side has probably been the hardest challenge because you need such a different type of fitness compared to basketball.

“Skills wise I’m finding it okay, but I’m still learning all the positioning and set ups the club has.”

The club has also signed 22-year-old Brad Ficken, who played American college basketball in Miami, Florida and also spent time in footy as a junior at Willunga.

Ficken also trained in the second half of last season with Port Adelaide – in pursuit of category B rookie spot.

Norwood football manager Mark Ross said the 193cm Johns would likely start as a forward with the Redlegs’ reserves side.

“(Sam and Brad) have been really, really good, they haven’t missed a beat at training,” Ross said.

“How they’re going to go, it’s too early to tell. Everyone can see we’ve got a strong squad so it’s not going to be easy.

“Sam can really catch the footy and guys like that aren’t easy to find.

“He can probably play both ends but we see him more as a forward to begin with.”

When not selected for the Redlegs, Johns said he planned to play with division three Adelaide Footy League club Westminster Old Scholars.
DOC
Coach

Postby Brett » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Being somewhat in the South area , did South have a crack?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby DOC » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Not that I am aware of.

These two have joined Norwood because of Cody Ellison (same background, same district basketball clubs).
DOC
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Sturt recruit Sam Smith wont play a game this year . Has done a suspected ACL.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby DOC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 am

Jack Stephens who was going to Sydney (for work) and not playing football is now going to Melbourne (for work at the AFL) and has signed with Melbourne University who play in the Ammo's Premier division.
DOC
Coach

Postby Thiele » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:29 pm

The West Adelaide Football Club is happy to announce the signing of two players from the Sydney Academy.
The first is the 195cm and 105kg key forward Hamish Ellem. Known to be incredibly quick for his size and very strong at ground level, Ellem will slot into our forward line perfectly. Hamish represented the Allies in the State U18 carnival in 2019 and was invited to the State Draft Combine. He has also played matches with Sydney’s NEAFL team in 2018 and 2019.
Our second recruit is Kyle Martin. Kyle is a half back with great kicking skills. He is known to be extremely clean with his ball handling and is a smart decision maker on the field. Kyle can play at both ends of the ground as a small defender or forward. He has been with the Swans Academy for six years and also played with Sydney’s NEAFL side in 2019.
Senior coach Gavin Colville spoke very highly of both players and is looking forward to them wearing the red and black in 2020.
More to come
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby DOC » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 am

Centrals have now lost Isaya McKenzie who has been training with West Coast as he has done his ACL.
DOC
Coach

Postby Groucho » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 am

DOC wrote:Centrals have now lost Isaya McKenzie who has been training with West Coast as he has done his ACL.

Thank you AFL. :evil: :twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:03 am

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL