2020 Player movement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2020 Player movement

Postby DOC » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 pm

North Adelaide has suffered a blow ahead of the SANFL season with developing ruckman Jack Blair one of three departures from Prospect Oval.

The 24-year-old – a rugby convert who was seen as a project player at the Roosters – informed the club he would be return home to Victoria and play for Werribee in the VFL.

Blair played six league matches in his first season of SANFL last year.

He came to the club after featuring once for the Sydney Swans’ NEAFL side alongside playing local footy in NSW, which was enough to garner rookie draft interest late in 2018.

The 206cm, 108kg big man’s departure leaves North’s ruck stocks low ahead of this campaign.

Veteran James Craig, who did not manage a league appearance in 2019 and battled injury the year before, is the club’s only recognised ruckman with senior experience alongside pinch-hitters Mitchell Harvey and Alex Barns.

Meanwhile, James Schwarz and Darcy Ginever have also left the club.

Schwarz made his league debut last season and played eight matches while Ginever, who is the son of Port Adelaide great Tim Ginever, did not make a league appearance after crossing from the Magpies.

However, the Roosters have signed Sam Parsons – a 22-year-old defender with VFL experience at Box Hill and North Melbourne’s reserves – and former player Will Combe.

Combe, also 22, is the brother of North midfielder Campbell Combe and is a returning junior, who has spend the past four years playing for home club Crystal Brooke.

The following amateur and country players have also been training with the Roosters: Damon Hill (Gaza), Kurt Waterman (Nairne), Bailey Hann (Wallaroo), Nick Jaensch (Nairne), Jake Wehl (Robe), Jak Goudman-Glasson (Hectorville), Ryan Marini (Adelaide University), Patrick Davies (Bute).
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:21 am

beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Hazydog wrote:A few more ins for the Dogs.. (courtesy of SANFL site)

Jai Nanscawen (Dandenong Stingrays), Mitch Bunworth (Palmerston Magpies), Joel Buderick (NT Thunder/Nightcliff),
Brett Kennedy (South Adelaide)

Any thoughts on Kennedy from Panther fans? Is he a mid, tall etc..?

Ryan Carnelly is also back at the dogs. He will play League, fittest one on the track, good skills.

Carnelly will just be happy Laird is gone so he can wear long sleeves

Ha ha, might not want to cover up the tats, though?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Dogs64 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:39 am

DOC wrote:North Adelaide has suffered a blow ahead of the SANFL season with developing ruckman Jack Blair one of three departures from Prospect Oval.

The 24-year-old – a rugby convert who was seen as a project player at the Roosters – informed the club he would be return home to Victoria and play for Werribee in the VFL.

Blair played six league matches in his first season of SANFL last year.

He came to the club after featuring once for the Sydney Swans’ NEAFL side alongside playing local footy in NSW, which was enough to garner rookie draft interest late in 2018.

The 206cm, 108kg big man’s departure leaves North’s ruck stocks low ahead of this campaign.

Veteran James Craig, who did not manage a league appearance in 2019 and battled injury the year before, is the club’s only recognised ruckman with senior experience alongside pinch-hitters Mitchell Harvey and Alex Barns.

Meanwhile, James Schwarz and Darcy Ginever have also left the club.

Schwarz made his league debut last season and played eight matches while Ginever, who is the son of Port Adelaide great Tim Ginever, did not make a league appearance after crossing from the Magpies.

However, the Roosters have signed Sam Parsons – a 22-year-old defender with VFL experience at Box Hill and North Melbourne’s reserves – and former player Will Combe.

Combe, also 22, is the brother of North midfielder Campbell Combe and is a returning junior, who has spend the past four years playing for home club Crystal Brooke.

The following amateur and country players have also been training with the Roosters: Damon Hill (Gaza), Kurt Waterman (Nairne), Bailey Hann (Wallaroo), Nick Jaensch (Nairne), Jake Wehl (Robe), Jak Goudman-Glasson (Hectorville), Ryan Marini (Adelaide University), Patrick Davies (Bute).

Is that the Damon Hill from Central? Isn't he a good player but copped a knee injury?
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:24 pm

This player was on the Crows top up list for two years, 2018 and 2019. Not sure that he was ever at Centrals. Think he comes from the hills, Torrens Valley?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Al22 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:06 pm

DOC wrote:This player was on the Crows top up list for two years, 2018 and 2019. Not sure that he was ever at Centrals. Think he comes from the hills, Torrens Valley?

I think the Centrals player was Dallas Hill, who was on Ports list, maybe still is.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Al22 wrote:
DOC wrote:This player was on the Crows top up list for two years, 2018 and 2019. Not sure that he was ever at Centrals. Think he comes from the hills, Torrens Valley?

I think the Centrals player was Dallas Hill, who was on Ports list, maybe still is.

Reckon Dallas Hill ended up at one of the Clare clubs, maybe North
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Agree we need depth but more importantly imo we need more league standard players, adding that would naturally add depth[/quote]

I think our depth is fine... lots of guys who can play a reasonable role at league level.

Our issue is lack of elite players who can significantly impact on a game. Daniel Menzel is one such player, takes us to 5.... still short by two or three.[/quote]
Menzel, Menzel, Hoskin, Boyd, Schiller, Schiller,
I reckon Presbury will step up now as well, we're getting there.[/quote][/quote]

Whats the go with Presbury seeking a clearance to South Gawler? Is that just if he misses selection in the ressies?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Al22 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Agree we need depth but more importantly imo we need more league standard players, adding that would naturally add depth

I think our depth is fine... lots of guys who can play a reasonable role at league level.

Our issue is lack of elite players who can significantly impact on a game. Daniel Menzel is one such player, takes us to 5.... still short by two or three.[/quote]
I reckon Presbury will step up now as well, we're getting there.[/quote][/quote]

Whats the go with Presbury seeking a clearance to South Gawler? Is that just if he misses selection in the ressies?[/quote]

Not sure, but he was at the Victor Harbour camp last weekend. In it up to his neck! Video on the CDFC website.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:33 am

daysofourlives wrote:Agree we need depth but more importantly imo we need more league standard players, adding that would naturally add depth

Whats the go with Presbury seeking a clearance to South Gawler? Is that just if he misses selection in the ressies?[/quote]
yes, lots of them do it.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:47 am

Has Ben Nason also returned to Centrals, was at training last night!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pag » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Whats the go with Presbury seeking a clearance to South Gawler? Is that just if he misses selection in the ressies?

yes, lots of them do it.

My guess would be that he's transferred so he can play with good mate Costanzo if he's coming back from injury etc
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Dogs64 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks. There was a player at CD a few years ago, was playing well at full forward in a trial against Port Magpies at Elizabeth. The Port full back "Rawiski or some name similar, "ran into" him in the last few minutes of the game, injuring him for the year. Not sure what happened to him afterward. Looked a promising player thought his name was Damon (not Dallas Hill, I remember him).
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby JK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 am

Dogs64 wrote:

Thanks. There was a player at CD a few years ago, was playing well at full forward in a trial against Port Magpies at Elizabeth. The Port full back "Rawiski or some name similar, "ran into" him in the last few minutes of the game, injuring him for the year. Not sure what happened to him afterward. Looked a promising player thought his name was Damon (not Dallas Hill, I remember him).

Aseri Rakiwasa?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Groucho » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 am

Dogs64 wrote:

I think the player was D'Arcy Hamon not Dallas Hill.

I remember that incident. Typical PA totally unnecessary and late. :evil: :twisted:
Ended the player's season and didn't return to CD the next season.
Still make me very angry.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Dogs64 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Groucho wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:

I remember that incident. Typical PA totally unnecessary and late. :evil: :twisted:

Yep, that's the one! Thought he looked a very promising player, D'Arcy. Maybe never recovered from the "incident".
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby Spargo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:35 am

Josh Scott a confirmed out for Glenelg.
Playing for Jervois in the River Murray League.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby southee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:26 am

Spargo wrote:Josh Scott a confirmed out for Glenelg.
Playing for Jervois in the River Murray League.

Big loss. Always had high regard for Scott.

Good player.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:45 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:

Yep, that's the one! Thought he looked a very promising player, D'Arcy. Maybe never recovered from the "incident".

D'Arcy plays in the BL&G League with Tanunda now, I reckon.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:49 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Has Ben Nason also returned to Centrals, was at training last night!

I think my timeline is accurate, but this would be Ben Nason's football journey in the last 8-10 years....

Salisbury
Port Magpies
Central District
Richmond
Central District
Glenelg
Salisbury North
Central District
Woodville West Torrens
Central District
Big Phil
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Big Phil wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Has Ben Nason also returned to Centrals, was at training last night!

I think my timeline is accurate, but this would be Ben Nason's football journey in the last 8-10 years....

Salisbury
Port Magpies
Central District
Richmond
Central District
Glenelg
Salisbury North
Central District
Woodville West Torrens
Central District

I guess Ben's philosophy is that variety is the spice of life ;)
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL