Are you ok?

Anything!

Re: Are you ok?

Postby JK » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I don't think it's about the question, but the discussion around it....

It's a little too direct and less that 1% of people are going to reply with "No", despite what's going on in their head.

And then there's the awkwardness of them answering "No", and the person asking wasn't expecting it.

couldn't agree more...

I've been asked the same question countless times and repeatedly said "yes".... Me not talking up and being stubborn and pushing everything away was a contributing issues to my marriage failing, Gee it took for my world to fall apart to speak to someone...
people i've spoken to about the issues ive had are genuinely shocked because of how i act...

I just used the heading for this group, because of obvious reasons, happy to change it

The title creates the discussion, it is fine and fitting.

Yep, only have to look at the discussion it’s created here on how to best approach people that might be in need of help
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:25 am

And the antithesis of this is....

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 5bcee6682f

I remember this case. Now HBO have made a doco about it.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:00 am

After a few weeks of feeling anxious and a bit off, last tuesday i went to see someone and it felt awesome.. I felt like i was going backwards and was really over thinking and feeling incredibly "full" (if that makes sense).
Also awesome that i have a partner who i now feel comfortable talking to about it. As hard as it was to do.

I can say confidently today that today i feel heaps "better". Less full, i guess. But in general i am really happy that i went and saw someone before it escalated.

Hope everyone on here are doing ok

Cheers
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:09 am

woodublieve12 wrote:After a few weeks of feeling anxious and a bit off, last tuesday i went to see someone and it felt awesome.. I felt like i was going backwards and was really over thinking and feeling incredibly "full" (if that makes sense).
Also awesome that i have a partner who i now feel comfortable talking to about it. As hard as it was to do.

I can say confidently today that today i feel heaps "better". Less full, i guess. But in general i am really happy that i went and saw someone before it escalated.

Cheers

Good on you, wubbsy. Glad you've lifted the burden of overthinking things and the anxiety it can produce, it can really weigh you down.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 am

Magellan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:After a few weeks of feeling anxious and a bit off, last tuesday i went to see someone and it felt awesome.. I felt like i was going backwards and was really over thinking and feeling incredibly "full" (if that makes sense).

Cheers

Good on you, wubbsy. Glad you've lifted the burden of overthinking things and the anxiety it can produce, it can really weigh you down.

Thanks mate...

it's bloody exhausting... And nothing positive comes from it..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:44 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Cheers

Thanks mate...

it's bloody exhausting... And nothing positive comes from it..

Lying in bed at night and everything seems like a massive task, even so far as putting the bin out the next morning...
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:39 am

I am not going to lie, the start to 2020 has been pretty tough!! For the first time in a very long time i have been spending ALOT more time to myself. With exception to when i have my girls. I was drinking and eating too much and i felt like i was losing myself!! So about 4 weeks ago i made the decision i needed a change... I figured me exercising would help. I have been eating a lot better and haven't had a drink in nearly a month (this weekend is my fist kid free weekend in sometime so that will change)... I have dropped some Kg's and i am physically the best i have been in a long time...
I am trying to adjust to a new life where i put myself first (kids obviously the exception) and work on me, i have bad moment and good ones. But to be honest i am not sure how i feel... Mentally i am OK i think, but i can't work out how i feel! I am all over the place. Varies from moment to moment.
This new way is new to me. I've always hated being by myself... You could say being a lone is a fear of mine. Only because I've never really been truly alone.

I guess i am scared what will happen next. I hate the unknown, but i am trying to embrace it....

Sorta going by this at the moment -

“Hold on to that fundamental quality of faith. Have faith that in the other side of your pain is something good!” - Dwayne Johnson

I know this seems a bit deep for a Thursday, but i just wanted to get things off my chest.

Hope everyone is doing ok...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 am

Well done Wubbzy, I think I speak for everyone on here when I say we are all here for you if you need us.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:06 am

Brodlach wrote:Well done Wubbzy, I think I speak for everyone on here when I say we are all here for you if you need us.

Hear hear. Good to see you've taken up some exercise, it can do wonders for the mind.

Any change in routine, whatever it is, is bound to feel unusual and you'll need time for you to adapt and feel comfortable. But if you know deep down that prioritising yourself is the right thing, then stick with it - it'll be worth it. Plus, you're never really truly alone - you've got the support of everyone on thus forum. Help is only a keystroke away.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 am

Have you thought about getting into a social sport setting? Thursday night bowls or Wednesday night indoor cricket?

I'm sure people you've got in your FB land would have someone they know in something you could get into on a week night to fill some time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:17 am

Good on you Wubz - I think the step of tidying up your physical health is always a great start, there can be such a strong connect between the body and mind. Fears about things like being alone can turn around into a happiness once your outlook adapts. I've been struggling physically for a few years now, and a few months ago accidentally stumbled upon a mind/life coach who has helped me (and continues to) no end. Stay vigilant with it mate, and by talking about it as you have it seems that you are. Use whichever networks are available to you and you're most comfortable with using. Heaps of us to listen on this thread or PM, whichever way suits you best mate. I've found the "Silver Linings" mentally works really well (might not for everyone I don't know) where I was once only noticing everything that was shit or wasn't working, ie just the crappy stuff without being thankful and happy about all the good things. If you did nothing more than go for a 20 minute jog, pat yourself on the back mate, it's still a positive and you're worth it.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:35 am

Good work Wubbzy.

To be honest with you aswell i had the worst end imaginable to 2019 my wife passed away out of the blue 9 days before Christmas. It smashed me to bits, in that moment my whole life changed and everything i took for granted was gone.

The only thing that kept me going at the time was my son but i also put alot of my time into changing my lifestyle, ive never been a drinker but i eat alot and often. So I completely changed my diet and started exercising.

Since that day ive lost 15 kilos and im the fittest ive been since 2007.

Its helped me keep my mind of whats happened but i also do see a Counsellor so that has helped aswell.

Life can be ****** and we cant take anything for granted is what ive learnt so fair out of this.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 am

BZB27 wrote:Good work Wubbzy.

To be honest with you aswell i had the worst end imaginable to 2019 my wife passed away out of the blue 9 days before Christmas. It smashed me to bits, in that moment my whole life changed and everything i took for granted was gone.

The only thing that kept me going at the time was my son but i also put alot of my time into changing my lifestyle, ive never been a drinker but i eat alot and often. So I completely changed my diet and started exercising.

Its helped me keep my mind of whats happened but i also do see a Counsellor so that has helped aswell.

Life can be ****** and we cant take anything for granted is what ive learnt so fair out of this.

Deeply sorry for your loss, BZB27. Hope you can find some peace soon, and it's seems like you're on the right track.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 am

Sorry to hear about your wife BZ. :(

Hope you’re doing ok
Last edited by Brodlach on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby JK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am

Sincere condolences BZ. If ever I can help mate shoot me a message either here or Facey
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:11 am

I am so sorry to hear about your loss BZ... I am lost for words.. Please take care
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:31 pm

To

It.

Can't wait to see this ;) :lol:

Also noticed you're heading to Salisbury too? Hopefully the weight loss throws your kicking foot off ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:38 pm

So sorry to hear mate, that has floored me.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:40 pm

You know we're always here for ya mate :heart:
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Bloody hell mate, I echo the sentiments of those above. I can only wish you and your boy well mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion