2020 SANFL Women's League

All discussions to do with the SANFL

2020 SANFL Women's League

Postby Information HWY » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:37 am

The highest level of women's football in SA kicks off around Adelaide in a few weeks (14 February) and there's been plenty of player movement across all SANFL Clubs this off season.

Can South Adelaide defend their dominant 2019 Premiership? Will Centrals and the Eagles build on results from their first year in the League?

2020 Player Movements
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/2020-s ... and-going/

2020 League Fixture
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com ... ixture.pdf
Information HWY
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: h2020 SANFL Women's League

Postby Al22 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 am

We sponsor a couple of the cdfc girls. It'll be interesting to see how the side develops this year. I'd expect most improvement to just come from within existing ranks as players understand better how to gel as a team. I don't mean to sidetrack the discussion, but does anyone know why cdfc and WWT had to wait an extra year longer than the other 6 teams before entering a side in the comp? It does seem to have made it harder for them to catch up.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: 2020 SANFL Women's League

Postby Al22 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:06 pm

I just watched a very entertaining game of sanflw. Central beat Norwood, with a great first up game from Shelby Smith, daughter of one of CDFCs great players.
Al22
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby whufc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Al22 wrote:I just watched a very entertaining game of sanflw. Central beat Norwood, with a great first up game from Shelby Smith, daughter of one of CDFCs great players.

Can play!!

There was a few daughter/sisters/cousins of in the side from what i believe.

Shelby Smith
Alicia Butler
Kimberley Fry
Aisha Thomas
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pag » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:43 am

whufc wrote:
Al22 wrote:I just watched a very entertaining game of sanflw. Central beat Norwood, with a great first up game from Shelby Smith, daughter of one of CDFCs great players.

Can play!!

There was a few daughter/sisters/cousins of in the side from what i believe.

Shelby Smith
Alicia Butler
Kimberley Fry
Aisha Thomas

Watched the second half of this game, seemed much better watching in person than some of what I've seen on TV the last couple of weekends. Centrals looked out on their feet in the last five-six mins but credit to them for holding on.

Smith was good, as was Hyunh across half-forward. Rosenzweig the difference though, can play.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby smac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 pm

I know we don't talk much about the ladies here but this is worth some discussion, potentially has some ramifications on the Magarey Medal I would have thought.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/hatchard-and-martin-named-2020-sanflw-best-and-fairest-award-winners/

SANFL have reallocated votes from one player to another because the umpires must have stuffed up, so a few days after the official announcement of the SANFLW B+F, it becomes a joint B+F.

I'm sure all clubs could come up with an extra Magarey winner or two based on this new process.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:57 pm

smac wrote:I know we don't talk much about the ladies here but this is worth some discussion, potentially has some ramifications on the Magarey Medal I would have thought.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/hatchard-and-martin-named-2020-sanflw-best-and-fairest-award-winners/

SANFL have reallocated votes from one player to another because the umpires must have stuffed up, so a few days after the official announcement of the SANFLW B+F, it becomes a joint B+F.

I'm sure all clubs could come up with an extra Magarey winner or two based on this new process.

Yeah umps stuffed up big time, the girl they meant to give the votes (Hatchard) to got 42 touches and the one they gave votes to had 2 touches and got dropped.
Was discussed in another thread. Not a new process just an obvious mistake rectified and the umps acknowledged that it was purely an administrative error on their behalf.
Hatchard ended up being BOG every game after.that and also won the medal in the GF, quite an achievement!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Board index   Football  SANFL