My kids will get mine.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:01 am

Like what we've done loading up on good ball users across the half back line and wings. Hartlett, Amon, Duursma, Burton, Bonner even the once suspect DBJ are all good ball users and 3 of those mentioned are the old "70m player", Hartlett and Bonner with foot, Duursma with speed and by foot.

Certainly spent plenty of time focusing on owning the corridor, both defensively to halt the Brisbane run and offensively to move the ball as quickly as we could to an open forward half.

Marshall needs to go back and play well in the U23 match against Adelaide or play well in the next Marsh game or it will be Ladhams playing as the other tall forward and Lycett rucking. We can't keep carrying Marshall.

Good contest between Dixon and Andrews, Andrews certainly had his moments but 4 goals to Dixon had the contest in his favour. Also liked the Powell-Pepper pressure in the F50, not sure about the move but the first look at it looked ok.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 am

I thought it was the F50 entry methods that looked far improved - didn’t appear to go the old bomb to the pocket and get a stoppage trick. Also helped having some good leg speed at the drop of the ball.

SPP created good pressure but his kicking is still custard - not sure the value of him forward if he can’t hurt on the scoreboard as well.

Liked the look of Mayes, and Houston looked natural in the mid. Wasn’t as impressed by Georgiadis as the hype surrounding him.

Without seeing the stats, seemed Port smashed into the inside a fair bit, Neale, McCluggage and Zorko seemed to be involved in everything.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 am

The last quarter midfield at times was Ladhams, Rozee, Duursma and Amon, good signs that these guys are getting some more good exposure and Rozee again showed he could be anything.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 am

Booney wrote:The last quarter midfield at times was Ladhams, Rozee, Duursma and Amon, good signs that these guys are getting some more good exposure and Rozee again showed he could be anything.

Rozee moves like Wanganeen, so agile and light on his feet.. touch of class and has an x-factor.

Duursma looks like he's put on some size over summer - or could be just the hair that gives that illusion lol.

Does McKenzie make the starting 21 Booney?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:44 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:The last quarter midfield at times was Ladhams, Rozee, Duursma and Amon, good signs that these guys are getting some more good exposure and Rozee again showed he could be anything.

Rozee moves like Wanganeen, so agile and light on his feet.. touch of class and has an x-factor.

Duursma looks like he's put on some size over summer - or could be just the hair that gives that illusion lol.

Does McKenzie make the starting 21 Booney?

An interesting selection this one. Clearly his disposal by foot is a weapon, but he's undersized for playing a key position role, having said that I think our back 6/7 works as well together as almost any back half in the game ( I'm not saying they're the best, I think they work as a unit, covering, rolling across on opponents very well ) so perhaps we can make him the 7th defender and use Bonner and Hartlett up the ground more.

I think Lienert and McKenzie are playing for one spot back there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:13 am

The Bedge wrote:I thought it was the F50 entry methods that looked far improved - didn’t appear to go the old bomb to the pocket and get a stoppage trick. Also helped having some good leg speed at the drop of the ball.

SPP created good pressure but his kicking is still custard - not sure the value of him forward if he can’t hurt on the scoreboard as well.

Liked the look of Mayes, and Houston looked natural in the mid. Wasn’t as impressed by Georgiadis as the hype surrounding him.

Without seeing the stats, seemed Port smashed into the inside a fair bit, Neale, McCluggage and Zorko seemed to be involved in everything.

Not sure I agree with that.

Richmond are league leaders with regards to the impact made by their small forwards. Of their best 4 smalls in 2019:

Castagna - 27 goals, 3.1 tackles per game
Caddy - 17 goals, 3.3 tackles per game
Rioli - 17 goals, 2.8 tackles per game
Bolton - 15 goals, 3.4 tackles per game.

SPP yesterday had 1 scoring shot, but influenced the contest with 7 tackles.

How many tackles were inside 50 I don't know, 1 of which I know lead directly to a Butters goal. If he averages 0.7-1 goal a game and averages 5 tackles, that is a win for Port's pressure game.

in 2019 - we ranked 14th in the league for scores from F50 entries, and converted 28% of our forward half intercepts into a score (ranked 14th) and I reckon we have attempted to address this glaring deficiency over the off seasion - improvement in "meters gained" type players (which Boon spoke about above) , as well as the improvement from our combination of smalls in Rozee, Butters, R.Gray when he plays up forward, SPP etc.

Time will tell just by how much.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:46 am

valleys07 wrote:SPP yesterday had 1 scoring shot .

Really?! :shock: I could've sworn he had half a dozen opportunities. :?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:56 am

The Bedge wrote:
valleys07 wrote:SPP yesterday had 1 scoring shot .

Really?! :shock: I could've sworn he had half a dozen opportunities. :?

My bad mate- that should have read one score.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:56 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:New sponsor announcement soon.

Is this your monthly update?

Finally, today is the day!

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:11 am

Wedgie wrote:

MG?
Chinese company based in Shanghai, makes sense.
If so, another bonus from the Power's association with China.
Smart as the local fish and chip shop doesn't cut it these days.

To have obtained a major partner directly through the China Strategy is an excellent outcome. MG are really pushing hard in the Australian market, I noticed they were all over the NBL courts that I had seen during the season so clearly they're looking at gaining some exposure here. Great work by all of those behind the scenes at Alberton.

From what I understand it's a longer term commitment and a significant agreement in $$$ terms.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:35 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

MG?

To have obtained a major partner directly through the China Strategy is an excellent outcome. MG are really pushing hard in the Australian market, I noticed they were all over the NBL courts that I had seen during the season so clearly they're looking at gaining some exposure here. Great work by all of those behind the scenes at Alberton.

From what I understand it's a longer term commitment and a significant agreement in $$$ terms.

Sounds like a decent commitment and they are making a big push into Australia. I’m not sure how successful they will be as they are a bit of a niche market but they are having a good crack at it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:02 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

MG?

Sounds like a decent commitment and they are making a big push into Australia. I’m not sure how successful they will be as they are a bit of a niche market but they are having a good crack at it

Small SUV's with small fuel efficient engines ( some are 1.5lt petrol turbo quoting 7.3lt / 100km or 1lt petrol turbo quoting 6.3lt / 100km ) are pretty common in our market place. With Sat Nav, 8" touchscreen, sunroof, bluetooth, cruise, side curtain airbags for under $30k drive away they'll be an interesting option for plenty of people. They're also offering $1000 cash back with a 7 year unlimited KM warranty and 7 year roadside to boot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am

#happyclapper
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mots02 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Small SUV's with small fuel efficient engines ( some are 1.5lt petrol turbo quoting 7.3lt / 100km or 1lt petrol turbo quoting 6.3lt / 100km ) are pretty common in our market place. With Sat Nav, 8" touchscreen, sunroof, bluetooth, cruise, side curtain airbags for under $30k drive away they'll be an interesting option for plenty of people. They're also offering $1000 cash back with a 7 year unlimited KM warranty and 7 year roadside to boot.
[/quote]

I see they've already recruited you as the Brand Ambassador!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am

Apparently two major announcements are being made today at the club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:11 am

mots02 wrote:I see they've already recruited you as the Brand Ambassador!

Nothing for nothing mate. 8)

I'm a car nuff so when something new comes along and I look at it, read up. It's why my last car and this current one is a Skoda, I look around at value for money, fuel efficiency, resale/trade in ( Skoda have a guaranteed buy back scheme for lease vehicles ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:12 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:#happyclapper

I want MG to be a success in Australia, Port are and have been crying out for a long term major partner and if they work in Australia and the China/Shanghai game/deal creates long term security for us then I'll be happy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL