Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Booney » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Al was good for 1389.5m
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Booney wrote:Al was good for 1389.5m

Yep good run, possibly could have stretched out a touch sooner but hindsights a wonderful thing, just found one slightly better. Thems the breaks
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby westcoastpanther » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Prey for grub don’t go for the rope
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Spargo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Get it back lads on Sunny Coast R6 # 2.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Lol saw Spargs tip about 2 seconds too late .. Nice one mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:14 pm

:lol: Top tote $9.90
Chinese for tea tonight.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:16 pm

Nice of you to shout us dinner!

Well played!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Grub sent the photo he’s struggling
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 am

I was messing around with $50 on BetEasy late Saturday arvo and whittled it down to $29.10 before getting bored and after some commentary pre race for MG1, I decided I'd just dump it on the fave, go the double up and retire for the day. With Ladbrokes, if I typed in $30, it would ask if I would like to just use the remainder in my account. BetEasy instead asks if you'd like to top up the amount with your card. With seconds before the jump, I was like "sure", bet confirmed. You can look at your bet while streaming the race and I clicked the ticket, potential payout was $700. I was like "whaaaaat?" and sure enough, I'd typed $300 instead of $30. Needless to say, this sure thing copped an early check from Box 6 and the entire race was a complete horror show. Expensive lesson. :Hangman: :vom: :cry:

https://www.tab.com.au/racing/2020-02-22/THE-MEADOWS/M/G/1/Win
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:44 am

OnSong wrote:I was messing around with $50 on BetEasy late Saturday arvo and whittled it down to $29.10 before getting bored and after some commentary pre race for MG1, I decided I'd just dump it on the fave, go the double up and retire for the day. With Ladbrokes, if I typed in $30, it would ask if I would like to just use the remainder in my account. BetEasy instead asks if you'd like to top up the amount with your card. With seconds before the jump, I was like "sure", bet confirmed. You can look at your bet while streaming the race and I clicked the ticket, potential payout was $700. I was like "whaaaaat?" and sure enough, I'd typed $300 instead of $30. Needless to say, this sure thing copped an early check from Box 6 and the entire race was a complete horror show. Expensive lesson. :Hangman: :vom: :cry:

:lol: :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby JK » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 am

In my novice* days of punting when I first opened my Ladbrokes account I had about $300 to turnover before I could withdraw, so marked out a few races to try and turn it over. First race I lined up a $24 Trifecta but accidentally put it on for $240. Of course they ran 1st, 2nd and 4th. Thankfully my rage punting with the remaining $60 got a bit of it back.

* = I’m still a shit punter, just understand the platforms a bit better
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:31 am

JK wrote:In my novice* days of punting when I first opened my Ladbrokes account I had about $300 to turnover before I could withdraw, so marked out a few races to try and turn it over. First race I lined up a $24 Trifecta but accidentally put it on for $240. Of course they ran 1st, 2nd and 4th. Thankfully my rage punting with the remaining $60 got a bit of it back.

My rage punting consisted of deleting the app and banning myself for 5 years.
OnSong
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:33 am

Lol I haven’t used Ladbrokes for a few years now (only because they banned me from their promos)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:36 am

OnSong wrote:
JK wrote:In my novice* days of punting when I first opened my Ladbrokes account I had about $300 to turnover before I could withdraw, so marked out a few races to try and turn it over. First race I lined up a $24 Trifecta but accidentally put it on for $240. Of course they ran 1st, 2nd and 4th. Thankfully my rage punting with the remaining $60 got a bit of it back.

My rage punting consisted of deleting the app and banning myself for 5 years.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:54 am

OnSong wrote:I was messing around with $50 on BetEasy late Saturday arvo and whittled it down to $29.10 before getting bored and after some commentary pre race for MG1, I decided I'd just dump it on the fave, go the double up and retire for the day. With Ladbrokes, if I typed in $30, it would ask if I would like to just use the remainder in my account. BetEasy instead asks if you'd like to top up the amount with your card. With seconds before the jump, I was like "sure", bet confirmed. You can look at your bet while streaming the race and I clicked the ticket, potential payout was $700. I was like "whaaaaat?" and sure enough, I'd typed $300 instead of $30. Needless to say, this sure thing copped an early check from Box 6 and the entire race was a complete horror show. Expensive lesson. :Hangman: :vom: :cry:

Have a chat to them, explain what happened, I have a feeling you might at least get some of the amount back in bonus bets especially if you have never gambled that amount before with them. They will know your history.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 am

Anyone want in on my new pawnbroker business setting up outside TAB venues on Saturday afternoons? #genius

Labor will move to ban second-hand dealers operating at gambling venues after learning a business is setting up mobile stands next to pokies and paying cash on-the-spot for valuables.

Hallmark Jewellers has been advertising it will be at pokies venues on certain dates, buying everything from gold teeth to gold watches and paying cash instantly.

For example, one advertisement for an event at The Village Tavern at Golden Grove – which has 40 pokies – spruiks “CA$H FOR GOLD JEWELLERY - any quantity, any condition”.

The ad states Hallmark will be at the venue between 9am and 3pm: “No appointment is necessary, just attend between those hours. We will assess the gold jewellery you offer us in front of you and pay you on the spot”.

Hallmark are also advertising on their Facebook page events at venues including the Grand Central Tavern at Elizabeth – which has 40 pokies.

In response, Labor will move to introduce legislation as soon as possible. The Statutes Amendment (Prohibition on Second-Hand Dealers in Gaming Venues) Bill 2020 will ban second hand goods being bought and sold at a licensed gaming venue.

Labor has brought this matter to the attention of Attorney-General Vickie Chapman, however she dismissed the Opposition’s concerns, saying the venue “does not appear to have been in breach of their obligations”.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:56 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Have a chat to them, explain what happened, I have a feeling you might at least get some of the amount back in bonus bets especially if you have never gambled that amount before with them. They will know your history.

If they know my history they would assume it was a matter of time before they got that money anyway. Ack.
OnSong
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:15 pm

OnSong wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

If they know my history they would assume it was a matter of time before they got that money anyway. Ack.

And that's the exact reason why they will give you some back. its worth a try
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby JK » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 am

@Lightning McQueen Whats the oil on Lefty today bud?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 am

JK wrote:@Lightning McQueen Whats the oil on Lefty today bud?

The Kent stables (where he's been training over there) strongly recommended him to have a go at this 1500m event after conceding they were lucky that he didn't knock their horse off last week.
His regular trainer was thinking of spelling him after last week or returning him to have one last run on Adelaide Cup day.
Obviously "Heart of Puissance" will start as favourite and rightly so, it is in the All-Star Mile field but there's an element of confidence amongst the camp, barrier 12 isn't that much of an imposition given the amount of track he has to get across on before the first corner.

I think it will shorten from the 7.50 on offer this morning.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room