Cars

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: Cars

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:55 pm

The ABC 891, asked me a few questions in the Colonnades Carpark this arvo. They were out and about getting a feel for the publics thoughts. For the main, noone is really shocked.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The ABC 891, asked me a few questions in the Colonnades Carpark this arvo. They were out and about getting a feel for the publics thoughts. For the main, noone is really shocked.

They haven't been a "Holden" since the closure of the Elizabeth plant, they're as much a Holden as the Commodore with a Chevy badge on it is a Chevrolet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:44 am

Holden should've bought GM out in the 70's.
Had its own engine plants, design team etc.
Id like to know what the financial arrangements were in regard to money sent to the US.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 am

tigerpie wrote:Holden should've bought GM out in the 70's.
Id like to know what the financial arrangements were in regard to money sent to the US.

Doubt anything would have saved them.
Production costs are way too high in this country
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bandit » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Yet the factory workers continued to strike for better wages (all companies not just holden) shot themselves in the foot there.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Yeh, combination of unions driving wages up and tariffs on imported cars being removed in the 80s or 90s made it impossible to stay competitive.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Bandit » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:34 pm

If you like footy, and you like cars, and you like Port (probably just Booney reading by now) then checkout Charlie Dixons youtube channel.
The F100 build shows a different side to the bloke. Doesnt pretend to know it all, just documenting the process and having fun.
Some highlights were the dog shitting in the back of his ute and Dixon cutting sick at himself when he missed a gear change drag racing his monaro. He's pretty into it thats for sure.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Bandit wrote:If you like footy, and you like cars, and you like Port (probably just Booney reading by now) then checkout Charlie Dixons youtube channel.
The F100 build shows a different side to the bloke. Doesnt pretend to know it all, just documenting the process and having fun.
Some highlights were the dog shitting in the back of his ute and Dixon cutting sick at himself when he missed a gear change drag racing his monaro. He's pretty into it thats for sure.

Haha!

Yeah, big Charlie loves his cars, his old man has a couple of nice ones and the "Effy" will be a ripper when it's done.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bandit » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Booney wrote:
Bandit wrote:If you like footy, and you like cars, and you like Port (probably just Booney reading by now) then checkout Charlie Dixons youtube channel.

Haha!

Yeah, big Charlie loves his cars, his old man has a couple of nice ones and the "Effy" will be a ripper when it's done.

Latest video with Wines and Clurey at the bend had me cringing as Wines was searching for 3rd in the monaro, if you cant find em grind em!
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Bandit wrote:
Booney wrote:

Haha!

Latest video with Wines and Clurey at the bend had me cringing as Wines was searching for 3rd in the monaro, if you cant find em grind em!

Kane doesn’t approve.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 am

Bandit wrote:
Booney wrote:

Haha!

Hard to concentrate when you're doing 150.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 am

Spargo wrote:Kane doesn’t approve.

Can't say I'm a fan of the activity for blokes we're paying 600k a year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bandit » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:30 pm

Went on a car cruise organised by "drivin with dixon" on the weekend. Cant speak highly enough about the bloke. So many people going up to say their bit to him, he never stopped smiling and he took the time to say geday to my 4yo lad while we were checking his monaro out. Going to be a challenge getting the young fella following the catters now im sure, made his night. "Hi Dixon" with a huge smile was the response haha.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:53 am

Bandit wrote:Went on a car cruise organised by "drivin with dixon" on the weekend. Cant speak highly enough about the bloke. So many people going up to say their bit to him, he never stopped smiling and he took the time to say geday to my 4yo lad while we were checking his monaro out. Going to be a challenge getting the young fella following the catters now im sure, made his night. "Hi Dixon" with a huge smile was the response haha.

Missed it as I was on the gas Saturday otherwise would have been there myself.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 am

Drivin with Dixon has a Show n Shine for all makes at Burleigh Ave, Woodville North this Saturday from 5pm.

@tipper @gadj1976 @Bandit
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 am

Booney wrote:Drivin with Dixon has a Show n Shine for all makes at Burleigh Ave, Woodville North this Saturday from 5pm.

Hmm, depends what the weather is like. My windscreen wipers are on vacuum and they are struggling! But thanks Booney I'll keep it in mind.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Booney wrote:Drivin with Dixon has a Show n Shine for all makes at Burleigh Ave, Woodville North this Saturday from 5pm.

Was a reasonable enough show, decent cross section of car genres. The venue was probably a bit small, especially when operating a vehicle of larger size.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:

Was a reasonable enough show, decent cross section of car genres. The venue was probably a bit small, especially when operating a vehicle of larger size.

I'm disappointed I didn't get there but I did have an afternoon meeting at a pub - so it wasn't conducive to driving to Woodville Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for the invite and I'll certainly keep these events in mind in future.

Cheers
gadj1976
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:16 pm

I had it on my list of things to do saturday, unfortunately that was a very long list, and i couldnt squeeze it in.

Im following charlie on facebook now though so ill try to join his next one

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Bandit » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Yep i was there and what a great turnout, best spot to watch was out the front seeing all the cars go past who couldnt park within 500m! I got there at 5pm and main park full.

Been watching Iron Empire too since the last meet they put on, they did a great job and its great to see the Adl car scene support them by getting out in good numbers. Hope they keep these going.

Ps cheers for the heads up Booney
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport