14%
Walkerville
12%
Woodville South
6%

Total votes : 51

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:23 am

oldman wrote:That could be the case. Wouldn't think the reserves coach would have much more to gain after 2 flags in 2 years in Div1 all whilst they have struggled in the A's.

Shots fired :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Looking at the Clearance page looks like quite a few from Gaza heading over to Kilburn
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:14 pm

locky801 wrote:Looking at the Clearance page looks like quite a few from Gaza heading over to Kilburn

U18's.. No suprises at all.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Sass! » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Modbury are looking for a trial game on Saturday the 14th of March. We have an oval available on the day.
Looking for a game for our A and B grade (could be 6 quarters if you have a C Grade) and can also accommodate under 18's preferably on the Sunday.

If anyone is interested, give me a call on 0412484641

UPDATE: Have one sorted now. Cheers.
Last edited by Sass! on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Trader » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Do you like having a beer after a hard game of footy?

Those Morons at the Adelaide City Council are proposing to extend the dry zones currently 8pm to 11am to 24/7 in all parklands.

This means when you play games against the likes of Pulteney, Adelaide Lutheran, PAOC, Concordia, etc, you will no longer be allowed a beer after the game, and you run the risk of getting slapped with a $315 fine.

But don’t despair, you can do something about it.

This 5 minute survey gives you the opportunity to tell the council what a bunch of dip sticks they are.
Under legislation, they must listen to the results of the survey, so if enough people say how much this rule sucks, they will have no option but to not bring in the ban.

https://yoursay.cityofadelaide.com.au/Proposed-dry-area

Badge, can you please also share this with the PFC crowd and get everyone voting no. Cheers.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:39 pm

Classically thought out and appropriately nuanced local government policy i see.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Trader wrote:Do you like having a beer after a hard game of footy?

Those Morons at the Adelaide City Council are proposing to extend the dry zones currently 8pm to 11am to 24/7 in all parklands.

This means when you play games against the likes of Pulteney, Adelaide Lutheran, PAOC, Concordia, etc, you will no longer be allowed a beer after the game, and you run the risk of getting slapped with a $315 fine.

This 5 minute survey gives you the opportunity to tell the council what a bunch of dip sticks they are.
Under legislation, they must listen to the results of the survey, so if enough people say how much this rule sucks, they will have no option but to not bring in the ban.

Badge, can you please also share this with the PFC crowd and get everyone voting no. Cheers.

Hang on, but doesn't your club pay for a liquor licence? If so, provided folks are drinking within the licenced areas, there's no issue.

I haven't read it in full but I'd figure this would more affect things like birthdays and work BBQ's that people meet up for in the parklands, Id imagine

*edit* No more beers in the carpark at AO -= is a reason in itself to vote no :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:26 am

Jumping at shadows I think. The Garden of Unearthly Delights, Gluttony etc. are all set up on the Adelaide Parklands and they aren't going to ban alcohol at those venues provided the appropriate liquor licence has been applied for and issued. No idea what the licence set up is with the Parklands clubs however spectators may be subjected to smaller areas where they can consume alcohol. At PAOC I've seen cars access the Hackney Rd side of Park 9 and people bring and consume their own beers. If you risk a fine doing this in future then the clubs may actually benefit from more grog sales and consumption in the designated area. But it will potentially be yet another job for club volunteers if they have to set up a "licensed drinking zone" for every home game.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 am

Down the Hill wrote:Jumping at shadows I think. The Garden of Unearthly Delights, Gluttony etc. are all set up on the Adelaide Parklands and they aren't going to ban alcohol at those venues provided the appropriate liquor licence has been applied for and issued. No idea what the licence set up is with the Parklands clubs however spectators may be subjected to smaller areas where they can consume alcohol. At PAOC I've seen cars access the Hackney Rd side of Park 9 and people bring and consume their own beers. If you risk a fine doing this in future then the clubs may actually benefit from more grog sales and consumption in the designated area. But it will potentially be yet another job for club volunteers if they have to set up a "licensed drinking zone" for every home game.

PAOC already set up a licensed drinking zone.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:13 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Jumping at shadows I think. The Garden of Unearthly Delights, Gluttony etc. are all set up on the Adelaide Parklands and they aren't going to ban alcohol at those venues provided the appropriate liquor licence has been applied for and issued. No idea what the licence set up is with the Parklands clubs however spectators may be subjected to smaller areas where they can consume alcohol. At PAOC I've seen cars access the Hackney Rd side of Park 9 and people bring and consume their own beers. If you risk a fine doing this in future then the clubs may actually benefit from more grog sales and consumption in the designated area. But it will potentially be yet another job for club volunteers if they have to set up a "licensed drinking zone" for every home game.

PAOC already set up a licensed drinking zone.

And charge nice round numbers for blessedly League unapproved beer.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 am

Trader wrote:Do you like having a beer after a hard game of footy?

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Mannum FC are seeking a A and B Grade Trial game on Sunday the 8th of March. Unfortunately our oval isn't available.

If anyone is interested, PM me or call Dave Schellen 0402 869 377

Thanks
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:35 pm

Potentially jumping at shadows yes, but better to be safe than sorry.

Last thing you need is 22 blokes getting a $315 fine each cause your club overlooked the fact to get a license for a stand alone C grade game one week when the As and Bs weren’t at home.

Anyway, once declared a dry zone, who’s to say that won’t make getting a License harder. Fine for major events but for the little club wanting to see a couple of cartons worth of cans it may simply become all too hard.

Better to kill it off now while we can than let it come in then complain about it later.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:19 pm

How come the voting for Div 4 is for who will win the wooden spoon and every other Div is who will win the flag?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:30 pm

S Demon wrote:How come the voting for Div 4 is for who will win the wooden spoon and every other Div is who will win the flag?

Because Bedgie started this thread and he just has to be different :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Trader wrote:Potentially jumping at shadows yes, but better to be safe than sorry.

Last thing you need is 22 blokes getting a $315 fine each cause your club overlooked the fact to get a license for a stand alone C grade game one week when the As and Bs weren’t at home.

Anyway, once declared a dry zone, who’s to say that won’t make getting a License harder. Fine for major events but for the little club wanting to see a couple of cartons worth of cans it may simply become all too hard.

Better to kill it off now while we can than let it come in then complain about it later.

Sounds like this 24/7 dry zone is going to occur
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
S Demon wrote:How come the voting for Div 4 is for who will win the wooden spoon and every other Div is who will win the flag?

Because Bedgie started this thread and he just has to be different :lol:

Nothing wrong with being different... gives these sides voted above the motivation to prove wrong.

I'm a motivator. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Round 1
Mitcham v Pembroke
Woodville South v Morphettville Park
Gepps Cross v Pulteney
Hope Valley v SMOSH West Lakes
Walkerville v Kilburn

Should be an interesting opening round.. only 38 sleeps away! Looking forward to a local game 1st up at the home of my first junior footy club, can roll down the hill home pissed as a parrot after which is good. :P

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kilburn go - my old man wandered over the other night and informed me "if they play like they're training, they'll smash you.." :roll: thanks dad.. wanker 8)

Not looking forward to heading out to Morphy Park, only ever been there once and that was for U21's cricket back in 2005 - stumps splattered early by Anthony May on his way to 7/28 then dropped Ben McCormick on about 5 as he casually plundered a quickfire 50. :( **** cricket, what a shit sport.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:00 pm

Any thoughts on the early flag favourite at the moment.

My thoughts are Pembroke will be around the mark. any side that recruits the Div 1 Leading Goal Kicker will be very hard to beat. Forster kicked 70odd goals in a very good side with 2 other very good fwds. Kicked 9 against Goodwood last year and we just couldnt stop him. If Div 1 defenders cant restrict him then im not expecting many Div 4 defenders to be able to do the job. But hey is a Div 4 Defender as good as a Div 1 defender. threy still need to get the ball to him though.

Smosh will be around the mark
Mitcham have lost their best fwd and the Div 4 Leading goal kicker Geytenbeek, their Ruckman, CHB and a few mids but have picked up a ruckman and CHB. Could be a long year for the Hawks
Kilburn from all reports have picked up a few handy players.
no idea on the rest. Anyone want to give any insight on the other sides
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Any thoughts on the early flag favourite at the moment.

Don't know enough about any of the sides, but looking at last year it's hard to look past SMOSH given they only lost 10 games for the year between their A-B-C grades. Appears like they were clearly the benchmark last season and have good depth, so you'd think they would be the early favs.

Walkerville, Woody South and Pembroke potentially the next in line, with Kilburn and Gepps close behind.. but really who knows until we see some results.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League