Port Adelaide 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby LMA » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:classy

Expect nothing less.

The bloke has old quotes, he probably considers wins, as his signature. That says it all.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:59 am

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:If you were a Port fan you would just have to be pretty positive about the off-field management in recent times. Both from a financial sustainability point of view and community impact.

Ill go wash my mouth out now.

Copied. Pasted. Stored.

We're still a long way from being in the black (white and teal), however agreements like this certainly help. There's little doubt the China Strategy ( despite this years game increasingly likely to not go ahead ) is paying dividends for the club.

Most importantly we've now got a full time employee in Shanghai working the business circuit :

(Nov 6, 2019 )

The most significant signing of Port Adelaide’s off-season could prove to be the one that took place in Shanghai just this morning.

Zhang Tao (or Tony Zhang, in the anglicised version) is a career diplomat who has managed Austrade’s Qingdao office in Shandong Province and served as a Trade Commissioner at the Australian Embassy in Beijing, overseeing financial services, mining, energy and food and beverage.

In 2009 he was appointed as the NSW government’s Commissioner of Trade and Investment in Shanghai, charged with attracting billions of dollars of investment into Sydney and forging close ties with Chinese government at all levels.

This is a really important step for the club, a full time trade negotiator on the ground working for the club in Shanghai.

Is he still alive ??
What sort of a shit comment is that?

Honestly what is wrong with you?

You really are a shit bloke. I get the Port hate and since your a Centrals person you have the added Roy Laird chip on your shoulder as well, but pull your head in.

Maybe one say the Mods will actually do there job around here.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:45 am

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
But I thought the success of the China Strategy was determined by crowd figures :)

Good job Port, hopefully it pays dividends.

No you need China due to lack of crowds. I thought that obvious.

Plus Financial success is thru depreciation write offs and revaluing memorabilia.

Everyone knows that.

Didn’t Renault sign up as sponsors of PAFC long term not that long ago ?? How did that turn out ??

About as well as your car sponsor ;)

In 2013 Renault signed a 3 year deal. 13,14,15.

In 15 they extended it for 2 years. 16, 17.

Then didn't renew the agreement.

Muppet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 am

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:If you were a Port fan you would just have to be pretty positive about the off-field management in recent times. Both from a financial sustainability point of view and community impact.

Copied. Pasted. Stored.

We're still a long way from being in the black (white and teal), however agreements like this certainly help. There's little doubt the China Strategy ( despite this years game increasingly likely to not go ahead ) is paying dividends for the club.

Most importantly we've now got a full time employee in Shanghai working the business circuit :

(Nov 6, 2019 )

The most significant signing of Port Adelaide’s off-season could prove to be the one that took place in Shanghai just this morning.

Zhang Tao (or Tony Zhang, in the anglicised version) is a career diplomat who has managed Austrade’s Qingdao office in Shandong Province and served as a Trade Commissioner at the Australian Embassy in Beijing, overseeing financial services, mining, energy and food and beverage.

In 2009 he was appointed as the NSW government’s Commissioner of Trade and Investment in Shanghai, charged with attracting billions of dollars of investment into Sydney and forging close ties with Chinese government at all levels.

This is a really important step for the club, a full time trade negotiator on the ground working for the club in Shanghai.

Is he still alive ??

You really are a shit bloke. I get the Port hate and since your a Centrals person you have the added Roy Laird chip on your shoulder as well, but pull your head in.

Common Stan, Mods only operate March-September between Friday 7pm-Sunday 9pm :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mots02 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:06 am

mighty hounds wrote:
stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:Copied. Pasted. Stored.

(Nov 6, 2019 )

Is he still alive ??

Common Stan, Mods only operate March-September between Friday 7pm-Sunday 9pm :lol:

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:KT said recently that China costs them $6m per year, so revenue streams need to be and remain strong.

$4m to $4.5m was my understanding, with 2018 being the first year the game was cost neutral with 2019 making $500k.

You recall where he mentioned the $6m?

Trying to find it, it was recent, thought it was on on Rowey and Bicks but maybe SEN.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 am

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Copied. Pasted. Stored.

(Nov 6, 2019 )

Is he still alive ??

The site has Mods?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:38 am

Corona Man wrote:The site has Mods?

Ask carey :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:53 am

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Copied. Pasted. Stored.

(Nov 6, 2019 )

Is he still alive ??

It’s a joke ffs.
Attachments
724DFA30-3336-4668-9377-40A7CD55378D.jpeg
724DFA30-3336-4668-9377-40A7CD55378D.jpeg (65.91 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
But I thought the success of the China Strategy was determined by crowd figures :)

Good job Port, hopefully it pays dividends.

No you need China due to lack of crowds. I thought that obvious.

Plus Financial success is thru depreciation write offs and revaluing memorabilia.

Everyone knows that.

Didn’t Renault sign up as sponsors of PAFC long term not that long ago ?? How did that turn out ??

About as well as your car sponsor ;)

In 2013 Renault signed a 3 year deal. 13,14,15.

In 15 they extended it for 2 years. 16, 17.

Then didn't renew the agreement.

Muppet.

Why didn’t they renew Einstein ??

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:03 pm

UK Fan wrote:Why didn’t they renew Einstein ??

Not often I read your posts, but I thought hey, why not, my day has been idiot free so far, why not live a little?

Why didn't they renew? Well, they changed their marketing strategy in Australia, you may notice they advertise less on all platforms.

They've been working on a release of new or updated models for 2019/20 so I can only assume they cut marketing budgets while they were pushing older models and will re-enter the market with their new updated models.

You learn something every day, don't you?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Booney wrote:

Not often I read your posts, but I thought hey, why not, my day has been idiot free so far, why not live a little?

Why didn't they renew? Well, they changed their marketing strategy in Australia, you may notice they advertise less on all platforms.

They've been working on a release of new or updated models for 2019/20 so I can only assume they cut marketing budgets while they were pushing older models and will re-enter the market with their new updated models.

So dumped port and started Sponsoring Melbourne Stars and a French festival in Sydney.

Interesting Marketing strategy. Let’s hope the new sponsor doesn’t find out above.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:27 pm

UK Fan wrote:So dumped port and started Sponsoring Melbourne Stars and a French festival in Sydney.

Interesting Marketing strategy. Let’s hope the new sponsor doesn’t find out above.

I'm in now, in for a penny, in for a pound they say.

Melbourne Stars have Holden as their partner. Well, that's what their website says, anyway. (Renegades have Suzuki, but I'm sure you knew that)

The Sydney French Festival have Citroen as their partner. Well, that's what their website says, anyway.

Is this what I've missed by not reading your posts? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:So dumped port and started Sponsoring Melbourne Stars and a French festival in Sydney.

Melbourne Stars have Holden as their partner. Well, that's what their website says, anyway. (Renegades have Suzuki, but I'm sure you knew that)

The Sydney French Festival have Citroen as their partner. Well, that's what their website says, anyway.

Moral of the story..... don’t believe everything you read on the interweb.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mots02 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Booney wrote:

Splitting hairs there mate, they're both French, surely that's close enough :-BD
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:48 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Splitting hairs there mate, they're both French, surely that's close enough :-BD

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Booney wrote:

Oh so they will be resuming the partnership with Port any day now?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:

Oh so they will be resuming the partnership with Port any day now?

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:53 pm

I see Andrew Hunter, the brains behind the China stuff is quitting.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I see Andrew Hunter, the brains behind the China stuff is quitting.

Taking up a role with his former boss, Jay Weatherill, in WA in mining magnate Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest’s philanthropic Minderoo Foundation.

His wife, about to have junior #2, is from Perth.

Big loss, make no mistake, with him and KT they've been to China at least 80 times between them in the last 5 years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL