Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Barracker1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:34 am

Yeah Dutchy there must have been loads considering the statement in FHFC's advertisement " SENIOR COACHING EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL" when its my understanding he has 0. Just Saying !!
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:49 am

Dutchy wrote:I believe there was plenty of applicants and a handful were interviewed, including some very experienced coaches.

Thanks for all of your concern, but I reckon we will be fine ;)

Did you apply ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:47 pm

Barracker1 wrote:Yeah Dutchy there must have been loads considering the statement in FHFC's advertisement " SENIOR COACHING EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL" when its my understanding he has 0. Just Saying !!
I would suggest he would have a similar level of experience as the previous two coaches, probably more senior experience than Vanzetta.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby afc9798 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:23 am

I reckon they could have appointed Humphrey Bear and they'd still be around the mark.
Hurts me to say it, but you have to respect what they've done at Flaggies and the club is set up to be up the top despite the changes.
A strong playing group, good administration and a place where players want to be. All the ingredients required to continue their success.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby King » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:23 pm

afc9798 wrote:I reckon they could have appointed Humphrey Bear and they'd still be around the mark.
Hurts me to say it, but you have to respect what they've done at Flaggies and the club is set up to be up the top despite the changes.
A strong playing group, good administration and a place where players want to be. All the ingredients required to continue their success.

Thanks for the compliment afc9798. Won our first junior flag in u 14's Div 2 2000. A long progression since. Often 2 steps forward and 1 backwards. For most of the noughties we were called the "junior" club due to numerous under age premierships but no senior success. Eventually, due to the points you highlighted success came. Hopefully, from a long term supporter, volunteer and life member, it will continue. But we all know the wheel turns!!!
Best wishes to all for the 2020 season.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby jet-airport » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:11 pm

King wrote:
afc9798 wrote:I reckon they could have appointed Humphrey Bear and they'd still be around the mark.

Thanks for the compliment afc9798. Won our first junior flag in u 14's Div 2 2000. A long progression since. Often 2 steps forward and 1 backwards. For most of the noughties we were called the "junior" club due to numerous under age premierships but no senior success. Eventually, due to the points you highlighted success came. Hopefully, from a long term supporter, volunteer and life member, it will continue. But we all know the wheel turns!!!
Best wishes to all for the 2020 season.

just over 6 weeks from round 1, any updates all?

here's some mail getting around;

Shoe and flaggy both in for strong showing again in 2020.
Christies few handy have left and a handy few in, round the mark in 2020.
Portie's had a few of the old guard move on but picked up some good youth.
Reynella unknown not much out not much in this stage, very quiet at fly park.
Valley big improver 2020, lots of talent back in to this side.
Emus getting 50 plus out to training is the word? Couple of stalwarts returned will improve them.
Cove struggling for numbers, coaches, and not many returned for 2020 post the council fiasco.
Aldinga with the 4 man star studded coaching ensemble - getting 35 - 40 odd on track most nights with some handy returns / signings that significantly out weigh there outs.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby shoe boy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:21 am

just over 6 weeks from round 1, any updates all?

here's some mail getting around;

Shoe and flaggy both in for strong showing again in 2020.
Christies few handy have left and a handy few in, round the mark in 2020.
Portie's had a few of the old guard move on but picked up some good youth.
Reynella unknown not much out not much in this stage, very quiet at fly park.
Valley big improver 2020, lots of talent back in to this side.
Emus getting 50 plus out to training is the word? Couple of stalwarts returned will improve them.
Cove struggling for numbers, coaches, and not many returned for 2020 post the council fiasco.
Aldinga with the 4 man star studded coaching ensemble - getting 35 - 40 odd on track most nights with some handy returns / signings that significantly out weigh there outs.[/quote]

I concur , I believe Aldinga will be an improved unit with an eye on the 5 spot and a crack at finals footy . Porties lack depth and will be interesting to see how our rival shape up. Emus reserves impressed last year with a young group that had a crack and would think they will push some old legs out.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby vics01 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Some interesting information has recently come to light regarding the Cove Football Club and the disgraceful behaviour by the Marion Council.

The following are copies of emails sent between the Cove Soccer Club and the Council. The dates show that at least a month before the the Council says the issues were identified planning was already underway for the AFL oval to be replaced with 3 soccer pitches and the BMX club to be replaced with a soccer pitch. The second EMAIL discloses that the soccer president knew what the allegations supposedly were yet the Cobras did not. 1 either someone with an intimate knowledge of the investigation informed the Soccer president or the Soccer president is defaming and/or slandering members of the Cobras.

PS to those who had a crack and said the Cobras should get their house in order.. Your club could be next.

From: Leo De Pretis <treasurer@thecovefc.com> Sent: Tuesday, 18 June 2019 10:12 PM To: Electronic Mail; Ian Crossland; Matthew Shilling Subject: COVE FC SOCCER CLUB REQUESTS FOR THE COVE SPORTS & COMMUNITY COMPLEX
Dear Council Members,
As a community based club, The Cove FC ( Soccer club ) is endeavoring to enhance the sporting facilities and opportunities to the local community.
The Cove FC Inc, formerly known as The Cove Soccer Club, was established in 1983 and is based at Club Cove, Cove Sports & Community Sports Club in Hallett Cove.
Since its establishment, the club has enjoyed great success having been amateur league and cup champions on many occasions. With the introduction of junior teams in 2008, and the senior club now participating in the Football Federation of South Australia semi-professional league system, the club's recent growth has been enormous, and continues to go from strength to strength.
The club currently has (22) twenty two Junior teams ranging from U6 up to and including U17, including (4) four Junior Women’s teams.
We also have (3) three Senior Men’s teams participating in the Football Federation of South Australia semi-professional league system.
All these numbers are growing and will continue to do so.
With well over 350+ players currently registered and a combined club membership in excess of 1,000 members it should come as no surprise we are in need of a facility able to meet the needs of not only our players and families, but also the community as a whole. The Cove FC turned away 40 junior players of differing ages this season as we could not accommodate extra team's due to playing area not available.
Our mission is to be the club of choice in the south and we believe we can achieve this with a dedicated facility for our players, members and the community.
Our goals for the Cove Sports & Community Complex are in line with our mission statement and are documented below:
1. Current placement of main soccer pitch to remain as is. Upgrade lighting from the current 100 lux to 200 lux 2. Installation of a FIFA approved artificial ( synthetic pitch ) at the current BMX site once this is vacated. Understandably a full size pitch may not be possible, however a smaller pitch with a minimum size of 60m long x 40m wide or similar depending on logistics of site. Pitch would also require lighting of 100 lux ( minimum ) for training purposes. Would also require shelter / coaches dug outs. 3. Both above mentioned pitches to be fenced off to allow controlled use areas. 4. Complete redevelopment of the current AFL ( Aussie rules ) oval to allow for a minimum of (1) one full size pitch and (2) two Junior pitches ( Or possible 3 depending on size ). ** Some Options below **
Pitch 1 – 90m long x 45m wide Pitch 2 – 90m long x 45m wide Pitch 3 – 40m long x 30m wide
Pitch 1 – 90m long x 45m wide Pitch 2 – 40m long x 30m wide Pitch 3 – 30m long x 20m wide
Pitch 1 – 100m long x 50m wide Pitch 2 – 100m long x 50m wide Pitch 3 – 40m long x 30m wide
Upgrade lighting across complete area to 100 lux minimum.
5. Extending the main building East to allow for Female changing rooms – club / dining area – undercover viewing platforms – storeroom area etc. 6. Easier access for current netball participants to access the main clubroom area to promote patronage. Would also need access for those utilizing the artificial pitch area when developed so they can easily access the clubrooms also. 7. Better secure the current car parking area with fencing to minimize illegal vehicle access both on game days and in general to prevent illegal access of vehicles onto the playing areas. 8. Better car park and pedestrian area lighting 9. A pathway linking the community building to the netball court (with lights) and removal of trees that hide building/netball courts 10. Catchnets at the rear of goals to be situated on the oval adjacent to the netball courts. 11. Better identification of community complex from road way. 12. Back room of complex floor to be raised in line with main bar area, allows for larger function room and inclusive for disabled persons. 13. Proper first aid room for use for whole complex, to include physio space/table. 14. Discussion regarding the best placement and size of playing pitches. 15. If the Shed canteen is moved then potential for a serving hatch that is an extension of the kitchen to be used on game day instead of opening the kitchen at 10am. 16. An electronic score board or at least consideration for one to replace our current one to be added later (I.e. power switch to accommodate the same) 17. Suitable FFSA approved supporters fencing around the playing area.
The Cove FC truly believe that if the above enhancements were able to be implemented, this would truly be a magnificent complex that would meet the needs of the club, its members and the community.
** Our Junior teams are playing at Capella Reserve this coming Sunday June 23rd – games commence from 8.30am and will complete around 1pm – as an example there are approx. 10 (ten) Junior fixtures at Capella alone this Sunday which doesn’t include many more Cove FC Junior teams playing away **
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby vics01 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:23 pm

From: Brain, Dave Sent: Wednesday, 9 October 2019 10:28 AM To: Fiona Harvey; James O'Hanlon Cc: committee@thecovefc.com Subject: Cove Complex [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
UNOFFICIAL

Good morning Fiona, James,

I read this morning the disappointing news that as feared the Marion Council have decided to ‘review’ their decision not evict the AFL club and bow to public pressure.
Personally I find this a disappointing decision. The Cove FC (soccer) have until now kept quiet and in an attempt to work with the Marion Council and have not liaised with local media. This morning as a result of a tabloid article, local radio 5AA has absolutely ‘slaughtered’ the soccer club on air, without the right to reply.
I will now take every opportunity to protect my club and my members as allowing a review now only enforces the belief the AFL club are untouchable, they clearly do have ‘people in high places’ as is their boast!
The allegations that were independently investigated, those being alleged sexual harassment, intimidation and bullying and a suggestion that the Marion Council did not act lawfully in evicting now appears to show the media/SANFL/SFA/public belief that the AFL club are the victims in this saga.
I am also disappointed the Marion Council unwilling to support the true victims of the above complaints, this will lead to further incidents when alcohol is served at the complex as no doubt the President will not be present at every function. Council employees and the other members of the Community complex deserve to work/visit an environment that is free from this type of behaviour. However a few empty promises by a clubs President appears to have pressured the Council members to ‘about turn.’
The above allegations and the financial investigation currently being undertaken must surely be made public?
As stated above, the ‘free for all’ on the soccer club via the media will now finish, I will be available for public comment to protect my club, its good upstanding community name and brand. As I previously reported (on Councils recommendation) the actions of some in collecting these signatures appears to have included intimidation and false information yet this appears to have been overlooked. The actual petition was signed to get the Marion Council to overturn its decision not addressing the alleged behaviour.
I was of the belief that the Marion Council meeting was to be held behind closed doors, however allowing the AFL President to attend, explain the AFL clubs actions and ‘promise’ not to do it again, is yet another example how seriously the Council have taken these complaints?

The atmosphere within the club over the past month has been fantastic, this is could be attributed that the AFL have not been there!
Kind regards
Dave Brain
vics01
Reserves

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:58 am

When did Cove join the AFL? :roll:

The soccer club say they are turning kids away cause of lack of facilities, find that very hard to believe. If you have kids wanting to play for your club you make it work, not a great way to approach a council for improved facilities.

Vics - Time for the footy club to forget the past and worry about the future, surely the momentum they got late last year can now be used as a positive for season 2020.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Post from the Cove FC shows they are strong supporters of it

Cove.jpg
Cove.jpg (198.05 KiB) Viewed 5184 times

"I do not want the Council to overturn their decision..."

This post does support the theory that the whole saga was about the benefits for the Soccer club rather than any so-called bad behavior
Last edited by Look Good In Leather on Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MW » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:When did Cove join the AFL? :roll:

The soccer club say they are turning kids away cause of lack of facilities, find that very hard to believe. If you have kids wanting to play for your club you make it work, not a great way to approach a council for improved facilities.

Vics - Time for the footy club to forget the past and worry about the future, surely the momentum they got late last year can now be used as a positive for season 2020.

They're building a new complex near majors rd intersection.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby MW » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Post from the Cove FC shows they are strong supporters of it

Cove.jpg

"I do not want the Council to overturn their decision..."

This post does support the theory that the whole saga was about the benefits for the Soccer club rather than any so-called bad behavior

rubbish. why wouldnt the soccer club want it to go ahead if the football club f..ked it up and it benefits them.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:18 pm

DUTCHY

Cove has suffered greatly from this injustice.

At the time this all happened the soccer was not going to Majors Road, it was thought by them and the Council they would be staying at Cove.

Surely you understand it is about the truth being known. The truth when known will show the club actually did nothing wrong, the soccer president knew more about what the allegations were than the football club that in its self says plenty.

I can assure you some supporters are putting a lot of effort and dollars into getting to the truth. Once that happens a few may find themselves on the receiving end of subpoenas.

Yes the club has to move on, but others can take up the fight for justice. Are you aware that the Council lost the liquor licence in January, and have appealed and got it back for only 6 months at present. Where does that leave the club after June? What about the loss of $$ by not being allowed to have a bar from 3 1/4 time until 7 pm on a Saturday afternoon/night?
vics01
Reserves

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Fair enough, as long as more energy is being put into the future and not the past. We all want a strong Cove FC.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:Fair enough, as long as more energy is being put into the future and not the past. We all want a strong Cove FC.

Exactly dutchy. Let others fight the other bollocks and the footy committees concentrate on football club stuff.
I'm sure all the behavioural standards has been or in the process of being sorted.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:56 pm

TIGERPIE

THERE ARE NO and were no behaviour problems. Read between the lines
vics01
Reserves

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm

vics01 wrote:TIGERPIE

Vics....relax no need to yell, im not having a crack. Every club has behavioral issues.
Most are only minor and get nipped in the bud pretty quick, that's what I'm talking about.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Oldman Munga » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:23 am

tigerpie wrote:

Vics....relax no need to yell, im not having a crack. Every club has behavioral issues.
Most are only minor and get nipped in the bud pretty quick, that's what I'm talking about.

So long as kids can continue to use their scooters around the main entrance without getting a clip around the ear
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tigerpie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

So long as kids can continue to use their scooters around the main entrance without getting a clip around the ear

Lol, and the coach can do fat skids in the carpark.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL