Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:34 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Some ballbag has stolen my weed killer pump bottle.

I went and got all the shit I needed yesterday to make up a concoction, went to look for the bottle and vaguely remembered seeing it out the front next to the house, the missus cottoned on and realised she had left it out there but it had vanished.

Once we'd agreed that it had been stolen she figured that I'm as much to blame because I thought I'd seen it out there and didn't bring it in.

They're bloody expensive for what they are, she breaks or loses all my shit, either her or the kids.

$9.50 at Bunnings
I’ve had the same one for 5 years.

Sweet, my one was about $30 and didn't look much different, I'm heading there on my way home, cheers.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:36 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Why do people have to squeeze every single load of bread before buying one, infuriating
Its all about the squeeze to check freshness...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I just pretend it’s a pair of tits
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Some ballbag has stolen my weed killer pump bottle.

I went and got all the shit I needed yesterday to make up a concoction, went to look for the bottle and vaguely remembered seeing it out the front next to the house, the missus cottoned on and realised she had left it out there but it had vanished.

Once we'd agreed that it had been stolen she figured that I'm as much to blame because I thought I'd seen it out there and didn't bring it in.

They're bloody expensive for what they are, she breaks or loses all my shit, either her or the kids.

$9.50 at Bunnings
I’ve had the same one for 5 years.

Sweet, my one was about $30 and didn't look much different, I'm heading there on my way home, cheers.

Just leave it at the front again when you’re finished.
I could do with a spare one.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:40 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Why do people have to squeeze every single load of bread before buying one, infuriating

I get weird looks when i squeeze tupperware containers....[emoji848]

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:40 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

So you suck on loaves of bread?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Corona Man wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

So you suck on loaves of bread?

Only when the aisles are clear.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Just leave it at the front again when you’re finished.
I could do with a spare one.

I'll do it before I use it.

The missus wants security camera's for the front, she's been on about them for a while but now it looks like it's a go ahead.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:55 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Slide the oldfella between the slices?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:Slide the oldfella between the slices?

That's no way to talk about CM.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Slide the oldfella between the slices?

That's no way to talk about CM.

100% guaranteed I wasn’t talking about him.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:33 pm

The Port River Expressway.
I can't f**king wait for it to be completed! Surely it's not far away from being finished.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Booney wrote:Plantar fascia.

Back in November/December started knocking up some km's on foot, just walking, to drop some of the beer I drink. November I did nearly 80km's in the month, December a bit over 60km's, so 15-20k's per week. Nothing massive, but a lot more than what I has been doing previously.

Bit after Xmas started to notice the right foot was a bit sore, into late Jan/early Feb the foot got worse, particularly first thing in the morning, can barely put weight on it, got the better of me a fortnight ago when I couldn't get out of bed without using a crutch to get moving.

Ultrasounds, GP, plantar fascia or as the doctor called it, "First step tendonitis"

It can get ******.
I understand your pain as I've struggled with a bit of this recently aswell, due to overuse on Tuesday nights bowling at cricket training and then running around in my footy boots at footy training. Getting out of bed and standing up to get going on Wedneday mornings has been tough, little bit of stretching and moving my foot has helped it but it has been very sore. It's my right foot which is my front foot when bowling, my cricket shoes are quite worn out, Ive completely worn down the innersole where my heel has been sore. I recently bought new cricket shoes which should fix my issue.

I still can't believe how so many guys can get away with just wearing runners when playing cricket and bowling, especially guys quicker and heavier on their feet than me and not have any foot/heel/ankle issues.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:24 am

The Dark Knight wrote:The Port River Expressway.
I can't f**king wait for it to be completed! Surely it's not far away from being finished.

2 weeks ago they said the northern connector was meant to be ready by the 2nd week of March, one would assume that is all inclusive?

I can't wait, I'll be able to get from Gawler to Regency Road without seeing a set of traffic lights.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:The Port River Expressway.

2 weeks ago they said the northern connector was meant to be ready by the 2nd week of March, one would assume that is all inclusive?

I can't wait, I'll be able to get from Gawler to Regency Road without seeing a set of traffic lights.

yeah, still listed as open "early march" on the website, which to me means by the tenth (after that is middle of march) but id assume there is still wiggle room in the estimation.

they were up to fitting all the signs when i came past it on sunday lunchtime though, so it cant be too far away, thats usually the last thing that gets done.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:29 am

tipper wrote:
yeah, still listed as open "early march" on the website, which to me means by the tenth (after that is middle of march) but id assume there is still wiggle room in the estimation.

they were up to fitting all the signs when i came past it on sunday lunchtime though, so it cant be too far away, thats usually the last thing that gets done.

Where they have temporarily closed the part where you join the Northern Expressway from Port Wakefield Road had a fair bit of work to do still on Saturday when I went past, neither side had bitumen laid at that point of time.

You'll be able to travel from Regency Road to Renmark without seeing a traffic light.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
Booney wrote:First few steps of a morning and after sitting at my desk for a bit is brutal. ******* brutal.
Yeah mate been there, you need to start working on your calf and leg muscles. Lots of stretching. Google the injury and then stretches for it and you'll find a couple that shownypu how to stretch your foot to help out with.

Also as it has been said the cold bottle of water is good as well.

Check your shoes that you are wearing as well, make sure they are doing the right thing for your arc.

Dress/business boots, just got some new Rossi's and I think I'll get my orthotics in them, I haven't worn them for years, not since finishing cricket. I'll try them out with them in there.

Orthotics worked a treat for me when I had it mate, six-seven year ago and still leave them in my running shoes. Replaced every twelve months.

The frozen water bottle under the foot or frozen golf/cricket ball works well too, like the others said.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby beef » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:18 am

Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
Booney wrote:First few steps of a morning and after sitting at my desk for a bit is brutal. ******* brutal.
Yeah mate been there, you need to start working on your calf and leg muscles. Lots of stretching. Google the injury and then stretches for it and you'll find a couple that shownypu how to stretch your foot to help out with.

Check your shoes that you are wearing as well, make sure they are doing the right thing for your arc.

Dress/business boots, just got some new Rossi's and I think I'll get my orthotics in them, I haven't worn them for years, not since finishing cricket. I'll try them out with them in there.

Orthotics worked a treat for me when I had it mate, six-seven year ago and still leave them in my running shoes. Replaced every twelve months.

The frozen water bottle under the foot or frozen golf/cricket ball works well too, like the others said.

Running shoes?
Pretty sure your orthotics wouldn't need replacing from running too much
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:26 am

beef wrote:
Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:
stan wrote:Yeah mate been there, you need to start working on your calf and leg muscles. Lots of stretching. Google the injury and then stretches for it and you'll find a couple that shownypu how to stretch your foot to help out with.

Running shoes?
Pretty sure your orthotics wouldn't need replacing from running too much

I was sailing past your assistant at training last night. Too many mixed lollies up in the box.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

Where they have temporarily closed the part where you join the Northern Expressway from Port Wakefield Road had a fair bit of work to do still on Saturday when I went past, neither side had bitumen laid at that point of time.

You'll be able to travel from Regency Road to Renmark without seeing a traffic light.

i think you will find that the part where you join the expressway from port wakefield road is PERMANENTLY closed.... they must be expecting any traffic to join the expressway through one of the other onramps. bolivar rd, waterloo corner road, or further back at south road. will be a bit of a pain i would have thought for any trucks coming down from gepps cross, having to zig and zag to get onto it. https://dpti.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pd ... ..docx.pdf

id assume that is something to do with there not being room for a loop from port wakefield rd onto the correct side of the new section without taking out the start line at adelaide international raceway. they wouldnt have had the budget to compensate the owner for that "bit" of land, as it would have forced the closure of the whole thing (at a guess) so they just eliminated it and people will have to get on further back.

the off ramp heading south onto port wakefield rd was apparently resurfaced last night, so hopefully it is nearly all done.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby beef » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:48 am

The frozen water bottle under the foot or frozen golf/cricket ball works well too, like the others said.[/quote]
Running shoes?
Pretty sure your orthotics wouldn't need replacing from running too much[/quote]
I was sailing past your assistant at training last night. Too many mixed lollies up in the box.[/quote]
Only bloke in the box to eat all the lollies and hasn't bought any yet.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion