Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Brodlach wrote:Only cricket grand final I ever played in

At least you were unbeaten. Hope you asked the other blokes what they were doing?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Missed my sister’s wedding for a Cricket Grand Final

I made the reception.

She has never forgiven me

Did you win?

Had to turn up on the Sunday but we had lost by then end of Saturday

Bowled out for 108 (8* me), they ended up 5/442

Ha! Amateurs.

Chasing 258 against Norwood ANA on the old Airport Oval I was out for 8 in the third over and we were all out for 16.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Only cricket grand final I ever played in

At least you were unbeaten. Hope you asked the other blokes what they were doing?

Playing for red ink in a GF.
Could have thrown the bat at least.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:32 pm

We did discuss the whole show up to the reception but got to be honest i feel like that is pretty disrespectful. Can't be there for the ceremony that means the most to the couple but can make time to go and drink their free piss. Whilst its the dream i cant help but feel that is slightly against the spirit of attending a wedding.

The partner would understand but once again though it will be her having to do the dirty work and talk to friend etc, explain it to every on the day why i pulled out, deal with those at the wedding who think im doing the wrong thing.

Guess im a bit gun shy after missing a separate bucks show last week and copping a few sprays on facebook from people that dont even know me about my priorities etc (**** being an elite sportsmen/celebrity who has to deal with that stuff week in / week out.

Definitely feel like im letting the lads down though. No wonder ive become a bit of a recluse in recent time....much easier.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm

whufc wrote:We did discuss the whole show up to the reception but got to be honest i feel like that is pretty disrespectful. Can't be there for the ceremony that means the most to the couple but can make time to go and drink their free piss. Whilst its the dream i cant help but feel that is slightly against the spirit of attending a wedding.

The partner would understand but once again though it will be her having to do the dirty work and talk to friend etc, explain it to every on the day why i pulled out, deal with those at the wedding who think im doing the wrong thing.

Guess im a bit gun shy after missing a separate bucks show last week and copping a few sprays on facebook from people that dont even know me about my priorities etc (**** being an elite sportsmen/celebrity who has to deal with that stuff week in / week out.

Definitely feel like im letting the lads down though. No wonder ive become a bit of a recluse in recent time....much easier.

That's crap mate, getting there is better than a no-show, they wouldn't even know if you were at the ceremony anyway.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:35 pm

Bugger everyone else just do what you want to do..........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Bugger everyone else just do what you want to do..........

Thats been my moto for a long time and tbh it's strike rate is poor to go with a terrible average.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:47 pm

whufc wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Bugger everyone else just do what you want to do..........

Thats been my moto for a long time and tbh it's strike rate is poor to go with a terrible average.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:13 pm

whufc wrote:We did discuss the whole show up to the reception but got to be honest i feel like that is pretty disrespectful. Can't be there for the ceremony that means the most to the couple but can make time to go and drink their free piss. Whilst its the dream i cant help but feel that is slightly against the spirit of attending a wedding.

Sounds to me like you're over playing your importance in the ceremony part of the day, nobody will notice you're not there and when Mrs Whuffer tells them you're playing a cricket final they'll be keen to hear how you went later that night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Booney wrote:

Sounds to me like you're over playing your importance in the ceremony part of the day, nobody will notice you're not there and when Mrs Whuffer tells them you're playing a cricket final they'll be keen to hear how you went later that night.

Your most likely right mate. Im happy to pay my cost for the seat if they didn't have a last minute invitee they wanted to attend.

Cheers mate.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm

If you feel bad flick the groom a message, explain what you're doing, my guess is he won't be all that bothered mate, he's got much bigger things to worry about!

In fact, he might be happy to come and watch! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:15 am

They didn't consider you or anyone else who plays cricket when they went and booked the wedding for cricket finals time, only fair you return the favour.
As others have said they wont even know youre not there for the ceremony.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:28 am

whufc wrote:
Your most likely right mate. Im happy to pay my cost for the seat if they didn't have a last minute invitee they wanted to attend.

Cheers mate.

They don't lose a cent from you not being at the ceremony, they are the same cost regardless of how many attend.

Forking out $150 a meal for people to not show is another thing though, and I'm sure they'll have a few of them, your non-attendance to the ceremony will not even get a mention later on, they'll be too concerned on how they look and getting their vows right etc.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 am

I missed a cricket semi-final about 6 years ago, because one of my sisters got married. The game was a tie, but as we were the lower ranked side, we got eliminated.

That same sister has booked a cruise for her 40th, for late March next year. Finals time again.

I went to the former, and copped shit for trying to get updates on the boys.

I'm declining the latter; If I was to go on a cruise, I'd only go with Mrs. Creation first, and it sure as shit wouldn't be during finals time for any sport.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:02 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just found out work didn't win the tender, I actually wasn't expecting this until April/May next year. Finish up Nov 30th.

Update:
Strange going ons.
We were meant to be finished end of feb.
But we got another stay of execution....this time "indefinitely ".....
I've had a brief discussion with new contractor. They seem positive
I know the clients have put in a good word for me.
But at the moment its just business as usual... :?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Update:
Strange going ons.
We were meant to be finished end of feb.
But we got another stay of execution....this time "indefinitely ".....
I've had a brief discussion with new contractor. They seem positive
I know the clients have put in a good word for me.
But at the moment its just business as usual... :?

Good luck mate.

*sidenote* could either you or @whufc please change your avatar?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:37 am

Wedgie wrote:Close friend of 40 years falls off a quad bike and is pronounced brain dead upon arrival to hospital.
Wasn't a fun shift at work last night finding that out 5 minutes before I started.
:(
Nearing 50 makes me sad, so many more funerals than weddings or births.

Was kept on life support for 3 days to assess whether his liver would be suitable for donation and passed away last night.
I love the fact we can donate organs these days but it must be hard on the family having people's bodies kept alive extra days to help the process.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:42 am

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Close friend of 40 years falls off a quad bike and is pronounced brain dead upon arrival to hospital.
Wasn't a fun shift at work last night finding that out 5 minutes before I started.

Was kept on life support for 3 days to assess whether his liver would be suitable for donation and passed away last night.
I love the fact we can donate organs these days but it must be hard on the family having people's bodies kept alive extra days to help the process.

Sorry to hear.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:11 am

Wedgie wrote:

Sorry to hear mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:29 am

Wedgie wrote:

Condolences mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion