Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Corona Man » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:27 pm

US Masters Golf on over Easter - mornings sorted!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Last week Bunnings had 7500 shipping containers stuck on the wharf in China with no idea when they will be released.

This is great for someone, like me, that manufactures products for the construction industry in Australia and doesn't rely on China
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:02 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Last week Bunnings had 7500 shipping containers stuck on the wharf in China with no idea when they will be released.

This is great for someone, like me, that manufactures products for the construction industry in Australia and doesn't rely on China

Not for us, who manufacture in Australia from products sourced from (our own factory) in China.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:18 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Last week Bunnings had 7500 shipping containers stuck on the wharf in China with no idea when they will be released.

This whole thing should hopefully have the government rethinking how we should be more self sufficient and not rely so heavily on China
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

This whole thing should hopefully have the government rethinking how we should be more self sufficient and not rely so heavily on China

Wont happen, when products can be made in China at around 1/3rd of what it costs here, aussie companies cant compete.

It must be a worry in China though, some of those business are on wafer thin margins, a couple of months of lost business and its all over. The flow on effect will be huge.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:34 am

Port Hughes next weekend, 6 lads, 2 boats, 3 nights, 30° Thursday.

:partyman:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:34 am

Dutchy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Wont happen, when products can be made in China at around 1/3rd of what it costs here, aussie companies cant compete.

It must be a worry in China though, some of those business are on wafer thin margins, a couple of months of lost business and its all over. The flow on effect will be huge.

1/3? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:11 am

Booney wrote:

?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:22 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

?

You said products can be made in China for about 1/3 of the cost of that in Australia, it's about 1/10th...or less.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:41 am

Varies depending on the product and industry.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:54 am

Dutchy wrote:Varies depending on the product and industry.

Of course, but if it was only 1/3rd the cost to manufacture by the time you actually have it landed in Australia you're not making much money at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:As some know we had our trip to Bali cut short in March last year as my MIL's cancer suddenly got on top of her, we raced home and got to spend the last 24 hours with her. To get home the same day we had to fly via Perth and just paid whatever we needed to make it.

Anyway Ive been putting off contacting Jetstar about the return flights we never used, had some time today so got onto their live chat service, thinking Id have to fill out forms, send multiple emails etc just to get the value of the flights back, about $400.

After they asked a few questions and I uploaded the Death Certificate, it took about an hour, but they came back and said they are arranging a $1,000 credit for us to use and we will have the email in the first week of Jan. I was taken back cause the return flights only cost us $800, but then remembered that the flight we took from Bali to Perth was Jetstar and that cost us around $900 from memory, that was obviously considered.

They have copped a bad rap lately but well played Jetstar :)

Will use that to get back to Bali for Dec next year for our 50ths

Jetstar have a sale on at the moment, just booked December trip to Bali using voucher, cost us $500 out of pocket for 4 of us.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:57 pm

2 long weekends in a row!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:As some know we had our trip to Bali cut short in March last year as my MIL's cancer suddenly got on top of her, we raced home and got to spend the last 24 hours with her. To get home the same day we had to fly via Perth and just paid whatever we needed to make it.

Anyway Ive been putting off contacting Jetstar about the return flights we never used, had some time today so got onto their live chat service, thinking Id have to fill out forms, send multiple emails etc just to get the value of the flights back, about $400.

After they asked a few questions and I uploaded the Death Certificate, it took about an hour, but they came back and said they are arranging a $1,000 credit for us to use and we will have the email in the first week of Jan. I was taken back cause the return flights only cost us $800, but then remembered that the flight we took from Bali to Perth was Jetstar and that cost us around $900 from memory, that was obviously considered.

Jetstar have a sale on at the moment, just booked December trip to Bali using voucher, cost us $500 out of pocket for 4 of us.

I'll send thru my share shortly :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:

It'll cost you more than that when Bali becomes a do not travel destination :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Something the Redbacks see often.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

It'll cost you more than that when Bali becomes a do not travel destination :lol:

Better not. I’ve booked a surprise trip with Riley in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Normally very wet and very humid in December. .You will need to be by the pool drinking plenty to survive. Lucky it's your 50th.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Thats this week is over, it can GGF'd!!!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Tested out the Northern Connector today. 11 mins to get to the Virginia exit. Speed limit is only 80 atm as well. 30km to Angle Vale now and only 40 to Gawler.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion