Now we're talking.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 am

The house we're living in is going on the market, it's going to be a pain in the arse as we're expected to have it ready for open inspections each Saturday plus photo's and any other private inspections, it's challenging with three teenagers loafing about teenaging.

My question is, I wonder if we have any rights to ask that they delay the inspections amidst all this CV19 crap going on? We don't want to be difficult and we'll only delay the inevitable but didn't the first few cases in SA were centred around house auctions? I'm just not that sure that I want randoms floating through my house touching shit.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The house we're living in is going on the market, it's going to be a pain in the arse as we're expected to have it ready for open inspections each Saturday plus photo's and any other private inspections, it's challenging with three teenagers loafing about teenaging.

My question is, I wonder if we have any rights to ask that they delay the inspections amidst all this CV19 crap going on? We don't want to be difficult and we'll only delay the inevitable but didn't the first few cases in SA were centred around house auctions? I'm just not that sure that I want randoms floating through my house touching shit.

Whilst i have no fear for the virus thats probably a pretty fair shout you would have to think.

Would be hard for a real estate agency to argue against you making a case.

Only issue is you may be requring them to do a final inspection in the near future and are relying on them to get a bond back. If they think you're being petty they could very well make your life difficult when that time comes.

Personally i would 'softly' open that discussion with them. For all you know they may not have thought of that but actually agree with you. (i do doubt that though as they will be thinking of $$$$ from a sale)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:14 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The house we're living in is going on the market, it's going to be a pain in the arse as we're expected to have it ready for open inspections each Saturday plus photo's and any other private inspections, it's challenging with three teenagers loafing about teenaging.

Whilst i have no fear for the virus thats probably a pretty fair shout you would have to think.

Would be hard for a real estate agency to argue against you making a case.

Only issue is you may be requring them to do a final inspection in the near future and are relying on them to get a bond back. If they think you're being petty they could very well make your life difficult when that time comes.

Personally i would 'softly' open that discussion with them. For all you know they may not have thought of that but actually agree with you. (i do doubt that though as they will be thinking of $$$$ from a sale)

Yeah, I'm not out to make life difficult for them, they've already stated that we'll be given priority if the new owners want to move in, I hope it sells after the first inspection although I think they're asking far too much for it.

Just quietly, I want to move.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:22 am

Fair question, and you can put it it the agent (don't ask, don't get), but the owner's entitled to sell the place if they want, and as far as the residential tenancy legislation's concerned, their only obligation in this case is to give you the required notice. Given the number of SA coronavirus cases is nine, I'd say they're likely to reply that they don't think it's a problem.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:23 am

We are in the boat, we were giving a 6 month lease but on the understanding the owners were selling the house.

We politely asked that any inspections weren't conducted on the weekends that we have all 3 children up here (11, 8, 2) just stating it would be extremely hard to keep the house to 'show home conditions' whilst also living a 'normal lifestyle'

They agreed it wasnt in either parties best interest to hold them then and have ensured any inspections have been completed on the opposite weekends.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:41 am

Magellan wrote:Fair question, and you can put it it the agent (don't ask, don't get), but the owner's entitled to sell the place if they want, and as far as the residential tenancy legislation's concerned, their only obligation in this case is to give you the required notice. Given the number of SA coronavirus cases is nine, I'd say they're likely to reply that they don't think it's a problem.

The funny thing is, they are meant to give us via email two weeks notice of intention to sell, we have received nothing yet they have sent out photographers already, they have spoken over the phone, we're being more than fair, moreso considering that we only renewed the lease in December, they've taken the piss here putting it on the market two months later.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Fair question, and you can put it it the agent (don't ask, don't get), but the owner's entitled to sell the place if they want, and as far as the residential tenancy legislation's concerned, their only obligation in this case is to give you the required notice. Given the number of SA coronavirus cases is nine, I'd say they're likely to reply that they don't think it's a problem.

The funny thing is, they are meant to give us via email two weeks notice of intention to sell, we have received nothing yet they have sent out photographers already, they have spoken over the phone, we're being more than fair, moreso considering that we only renewed the lease in December, they've taken the piss here putting it on the market two months later.

Typical. They've breached the residential tenancy agreement by not giving you sufficient notice, and I presume your agreement makes reference to what happens in the event it is breached. I guess you could talk to Consumer and Business Affairs if you want to pursue it further. Ultimately though, once the correct notice has been given, they're able to let people inspect.

You could also be in attendance when the inspections occur (perhaps spray some Glen Twenty around the place to kill any bugs?), there's nothing to prevent you from doing so.

Whats did they say on the phone, by the way?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 am

Magellan wrote:Typical. They've breached the residential tenancy agreement by not giving you sufficient notice, and I presume your agreement makes reference to what happens in the event it is breached. I guess you could talk to Consumer and Business Affairs if you want to pursue it further. Ultimately though, once the correct notice has been given, they're able to let people inspect.

You could also be in attendance when the inspections occur (perhaps spray some Glen Twenty around the place to kill any bugs?), there's nothing to prevent you from doing so.

There's really no point in creating waves about it, surely they know they've cut some corners and it's in our best interest to accommodate where we can.

They rang to tell us they wanted a meeting to tell us that the owners wanted to sell and to discuss our options, it was quite irrelevant as we had both read up on the rules immediately and it had to mean we'd have to leave work early, we've already had to take time off for house related issues which we shouldn't of had to have been inconvenienced.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Typical. They've breached the residential tenancy agreement by not giving you sufficient notice, and I presume your agreement makes reference to what happens in the event it is breached. I guess you could talk to Consumer and Business Affairs if you want to pursue it further. Ultimately though, once the correct notice has been given, they're able to let people inspect.

There's really no point in creating waves about it, surely they know they've cut some corners and it's in our best interest to accommodate where we can.

They rang to tell us they wanted a meeting to tell us that the owners wanted to sell and to discuss our options, it was quite irrelevant as we had both read up on the rules immediately and it had to mean we'd have to leave work early, we've already had to take time off for house related issues which we shouldn't of had to have been inconvenienced.

Fair enough. But I'd be there during the inspections, unless you really have to be somewhere else.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

Magellan wrote:Fair enough. But I'd be there during the inspections, unless you really have to be somewhere else.

They'll be on Saturday arvo's, I'll be at the pub until footy season starts, then I'll be umpiring.

The wife says she's gonna hang around and appear to be an interested onlooker.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Fair enough. But I'd be there during the inspections, unless you really have to be somewhere else.

They'll be on Saturday arvo's, I'll be at the pub until footy season starts, then I'll be umpiring.

The wife says she's gonna hang around and appear to be an interested onlooker.

We have some friends in the same situation as you, and they sat downstairs quietly sipping on gin and tonics whilst the rubbernecks rolled through.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:44 pm

Anyone doing anything St Pats day?
I'm keen but the only thing close is at the Findon, as its a "British" pub that would be like having a Jewish celebration in a German Club so I'm looking for somewhere else.
Or has Covid 19 stuffed everything up?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:18 pm

The Opinion of the SA Footy Family. And yes I am being serious here.

I have felt a bit off colour all weekend. I’ve had today off as a planned day of annual leave.

I spelt a fair part of the weekend in bed. Symptoms include headache, a slight fever but mainly fatigue. I was bloody exhausted. Now I really don’t think I’ve got it, but how do you know? From what I’ve read the Covid-19 starts with a sore throat. I’ve not had that.

The responsible thing to do is stay home from work. We have an older guy in the office who does have health issues. I’d hate to think I do have it, and passed it on to him.

Thoughts?

Ps. I think I was a $1.05 favourite too...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:20 pm

If you feel unwell, best to stay home regardless.

No harm in getting tested though, better to be safe than sorry, and have peace of mind.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Get to a Doctor.
They may give you a certificate just to be safe and keep you away from work.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:23 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Get to a Doctor.
They may give you a certificate just to be safe and keep you away from work.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

From what I can gather the doctors don’t want you there. If you think you’ve got it then go to the designated clinic... if you didn’t have it before you will after standing in line with all the others!!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:27 pm

First symptoms are fever and dry cough.

If you've :

Had either of these
Been into contract with someone who has recently been over seas
Recently been over seas yourself

I'd alert your employer and speak to a doctor about how to go about being tested.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Fever slight. I cough all the time, so no change there.

Think I will let the boss know and see what he says.

I can work from home.
Corona Man
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion