Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Gee the guy at the back drinkin VB looks like he wants to strangle someone with the toilet paper....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gee the guy at the back drinkin VB looks like he wants to strangle someone with the toilet paper....

It was a Carlton not a VB... I have some dignity! Yes I considered “rolling him” in the car park for the bog roll!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gee the guy at the back drinkin VB looks like he wants to strangle someone with the toilet paper....

It was a Carlton not a VB... I have some dignity! Yes I considered “rolling him” in the car park for the bog roll!
And the winner of the bog roll could be a long lost brother of an SA Footy illumini, or the said person in a couple of years[emoji3]

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:51 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

And the winner of the bog roll could be a long lost brother of an SA Footy illumini, or the said person in a couple of years[emoji3]

Striking resemblance now you mention it. A Kangaroos man you think?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Spargo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:31 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Striking resemblance now you mention it. A Kangaroos man you think?

Dutchy doesn’t have a beard...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:51 pm

People that seriously think Marsh Cup form has anything to do with how their side will go in the proper stuff. I will deadset lose it if I hear one more person say “Gee the Suns look promising and could surprise this year”
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:29 am

Jim05 wrote:People that seriously think Marsh Cup form has anything to do with how their side will go in the proper stuff. I will deadset lose it if I hear one more person say “Gee the Suns look promising and could surprise this year”

After watching our 2 teams go at it yesterday, I seriously hope there is no correlation between Marsh cup and real footy form, for both our sakes.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Funny but sad too.
Attachments
461899F8-CE3B-4B7C-AB34-C3F8D2539F3B.jpeg
461899F8-CE3B-4B7C-AB34-C3F8D2539F3B.jpeg (65.17 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:01 am

Life!! When you try and do the right thing and provide your children great experiences life has a funny way of making things much tougher than they should be.

This upcoming holiday has been an absolute shit show and we haven't even left yet. You couldn't write a movie script like this.

Sometimes all you can do is sit back and laugh.

Geez i must have run over a heap of black cats, smashed a ton of windows and been a cruel bastard in a previous life.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:53 am

whufc wrote:Life!! When you try and do the right thing and provide your children great experiences life has a funny way of making things much tougher than they should be.

This upcoming holiday has been an absolute shit show and we haven't even left yet. You couldn't write a movie script like this.

Geez i must have run over a heap of black cats, smashed a ton of windows and been a cruel bastard in a previous life.

Feel ya pain mate. Was planning a big Asia trip with friends for my 50th but Coronavirus has right royally ****** that up. Will probably just have a low key shindig in Adelaidw instead now and put my extra pennies to some local trips and our planned trip through Austria, Germany and Scandanavia next year. Hopefully this mess clears up by then!
Hopefully North make the finals which will make cancelling a September trip much more palatable!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:57 am

whufc wrote:Life!! When you try and do the right thing and provide your children great experiences life has a funny way of making things much tougher than they should be.

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:00 am

Sux mate and I hope it somehow works out for ya. The health and happiness of your family is the main thing, as long as you've got that then everything else is manageable.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:48 pm

JK wrote:

Sux mate and I hope it somehow works out for ya. The health and happiness of your family is the main thing, as long as you've got that then everything else is manageable.

Yeah true mate.

At this stage if the plane lets us get on it we are going.

I hate doing this and i would never post stuff like this on the socials but really struggling with the mental stress at the moment.

I have put so much energy and hard work into this holiday. For the first time in my life the last three years has seen me focus on being serious about making a career. It has been very successful but i have worked 50 hours weeks non stop for that period (im sure some people work harder so im not complaining about that) but the end reward of my hardwork was meant to be this gift to my family.

This summer has been one of the most stressful peroids in my life, taking on 3 facilities under my wings in 3 different. Putting myself out there to do state conference public speaking which is really out my comfort zone. The one carrot that has got me through this was the eye on the prize. Now that is looking like it could slip away im genuinley struggling to get out of bed in the morning. This was one of the reasons i just had to play cricket last week...i needed it.

If we cant get on that plane i honestly can't go to work during that time we should have been on holiday. I will be an absolute mess. I literally and happily put my life on hold for this. I have paid for the whole experience in cash, haven't used a single loan or debt to get this done for my family.

I know its just a holiday, but this has meant a lot more to me than that.

Right now my head is spinning, gut is churning and my mind is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Never apologise for getting some stuff off your chest mate. Would absolutely be disappointing after all the hard yards to risk missing out on that Carrot that has kept you going through the tough times. I know commending yourself for all the hard work and sacrifice likely won't appease the pain if you can't get on that flight, but it's an achievement worth celebrating mate. As we get older and lifes challenges seem to be bigger and badder, it's important to celebrate victories mate no matter how big or small.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:20 pm

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:

Yeah true mate.

I hate doing this and i would never post stuff like this on the socials but really struggling with the mental stress at the moment.

I have put so much energy and hard work into this holiday. For the first time in my life the last three years has seen me focus on being serious about making a career. It has been very successful but i have worked 50 hours weeks non stop for that period (im sure some people work harder so im not complaining about that) but the end reward of my hardwork was meant to be this gift to my family.

This summer has been one of the most stressful peroids in my life, taking on 3 facilities under my wings in 3 different. Putting myself out there to do state conference public speaking which is really out my comfort zone. The one carrot that has got me through this was the eye on the prize. Now that is looking like it could slip away im genuinley struggling to get out of bed in the morning. This was one of the reasons i just had to play cricket last week...i needed it.

If we cant get on that plane i honestly can't go to work during that time we should have been on holiday. I will be an absolute mess. I literally and happily put my life on hold for this. I have paid for the whole experience in cash, haven't used a single loan or debt to get this done for my family.

Sorry for the rant.

does your insurance cover you?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:30 pm

whufc wrote:
Yeah true mate.

Sorry for the rant.

Got a female friend going through the same torment, booked a mediterranean for her first overseas trip, saved her arse off for it and now it looks like she wont be going.
My understanding is that travel insurance is valid if it was booked etc prior to a certain date, if you go ahead though and get stuck over there due to coronavirus then you're not covered.

BTW, how long have you been off the piss for?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:51 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
whufc wrote:
JK wrote:

Yeah true mate.

Sorry for the rant.

does your insurance cover you?

Yeah we were smart enough to take out insurances and we wouldnt expect to lose out financially which is nice but honestly i dont care about the money i just want to take my girls on a trip of the lifetime like i promised.

Even rescheduling is going to be a nightmare between having to have the ex wife agree, me not being able to take leave between October- March.

The partners work have had to hire a temp to cover while she is away so she may be forced to take her annual leave even if we dont go on the holiday which then means we would need to wait over a year for her to accrue enough annual leave to go.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Do you have a plan B to do a trip here in Oz if you cant go OS?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Yeah true mate.

Sorry for the rant.

Got a female friend going through the same torment, booked a mediterranean for her first overseas trip, saved her arse off for it and now it looks like she wont be going.
My understanding is that travel insurance is valid if it was booked etc prior to a certain date, if you go ahead though and get stuck over there due to coronavirus then you're not covered.

BTW, how long have you been off the piss for?

Been off the drinks since St Patrick days last year (March 2019) which was also our Mad Sunday cricket celebrations after the flag. Drank enough over them three days to never drink again.

Not a single drop since. Part of the reason for that was to save money for this holiday as ive always been a binge or nothing kind of guy. Have only eaten at a restaraunt twice in the last twice months as well as like i said i wanted to pay for this holiday with no debt.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:Do you have a plan B to do a trip here in Oz if you cant go OS?

Thats looking like a potential option. Going to absolutely break my heart having to tell the kids this though. They both have been obsessed with Paris since they were old enough to talk.

One of the main reasons for this holiday was to motivate and inspire my eldest who is very much the drifter. I've never seen her so passionate about anything like she has been towards this holiday. She is 11 and has literally taught herself enough french that she can hold a decent conversation in the language.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion