Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Do you have a plan B to do a trip here in Oz if you cant go OS?

Thats looking like a potential option. Going to absolutely break my heart having to tell the kids this though. They both have been obsessed with Paris since they were old enough to talk.

One of the main reasons for this holiday was to motivate and inspire my eldest who is very much the drifter. I've never seen her so passionate about anything like she has been towards this holiday. She is 11 and has literally taught herself enough french that she can hold a decent conversation in the language.

She sounds like she's got a good enough head on her shoulders to also understand that going to France is pretty pointless right now because everything she wants to see will be closed
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Been off the drinks since St Patrick days last year (March 2019) which was also our Mad Sunday cricket celebrations after the flag. Drank enough over them three days to never drink again.

Not a single drop since. Part of the reason for that was to save money for this holiday as ive always been a binge or nothing kind of guy. Have only eaten at a restaraunt twice in the last twice months as well as like i said i wanted to pay for this holiday with no debt.

I'll be coming up 1 day in about 8 hours, you used to give it a fair nudge, well done.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:04 pm

whufc wrote:

Thats looking like a potential option. Going to absolutely break my heart having to tell the kids this though. They both have been obsessed with Paris since they were old enough to talk.

One of the main reasons for this holiday was to motivate and inspire my eldest who is very much the drifter. I've never seen her so passionate about anything like she has been towards this holiday. She is 11 and has literally taught herself enough french that she can hold a decent conversation in the language.

All the best with it mate, things are going to get worse yet worldwide, whether it's all hype or legit I can see many countries coming to a standstill for a fortnight to isolate everyone for containment.

I'm not overly fussed about it, it seems to only affect the vulnerable, there's many other illnesses that do the same and don't get the airtime.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:26 pm

whufc wrote:

Things could be worse mate. do it when you can and the kids will be twice as excited when the time does come
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Been off the drinks since St Patrick days last year (March 2019) which was also our Mad Sunday cricket celebrations after the flag. Drank enough over them three days to never drink again.

Not a single drop since. Part of the reason for that was to save money for this holiday as ive always been a binge or nothing kind of guy. Have only eaten at a restaraunt twice in the last twice months as well as like i said i wanted to pay for this holiday with no debt.

I'll be coming up 1 day in about 8 hours, you used to give it a fair nudge, well done.

Cheers mate.

It was a change i needed to make if i wanted to move forward and provide the kids with the best possible future.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

All the best with it mate, things are going to get worse yet worldwide, whether it's all hype or legit I can see many countries coming to a standstill for a fortnight to isolate everyone for containment.

I'm not overly fussed about it, it seems to only affect the vulnerable, there's many other illnesses that do the same and don't get the airtime.

Agree with you.

We arent fussed about 'catching' it but like you said it seems all but inevitable this going to kick off for a while yet and more countries to coming to standstill.

I think thats what is the most frustrating part is we want to travel, we're not too afraid.
whufc
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:30 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Agree with you.

We arent fussed about 'catching' it but like you said it seems all but inevitable this going to kick off for a while yet and more countries to coming to standstill.

I think thats what is the most frustrating part is we want to travel, we're not too afraid.

If Europe is off the table mate, and the French speaking is important to the daughter, consider eastern Canada (if it's open for business). All the locals in Montreal, Quebec City etc speak French like you're in France and you're only a short hop away to NYC/Niagara Falls/Washington/Boston/ Philly/Toronto etc.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Cheers Pag.

Me and the partner are going to sit down tonight and talk about back up countries would definitely be happy with the US, Canada, anywhere South America places that the partner hasnt been before.

We may have to consider spending that bit more and think about Norway, Denmark, Sweden which without doing my research seem to be less affected.
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:48 pm

whufc wrote:We may have to consider spending that bit more and think about Norway, Denmark, Sweden which without doing my research seem to be less affected.

Do that! You could scout half my 2021 trip for me! 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3863 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:27 am

When is the trip?
I would think the countries closing down early will be the 1st ones to open up again later on?

Its got me ****** my we haven't shut down all travel in and out of the country, ffs we are an island. Surely better to inconvienience a few now than to mess with everyones lives in a month or two
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:09 am

daysofourlives wrote:When is the trip?
I would think the countries closing down early will be the 1st ones to open up again later on?

Its got me ****** my we haven't shut down all travel in and out of the country, ffs we are an island. Surely better to inconvienience a few now than to mess with everyones lives in a month or two

Yeah we leave April 20.

Agree its going to be a case of just getting the timing right for each country. Im kind of hoping it all kicks of right now and get sorted earlier than later.

We may end up having to go Italy as by the time we leave it might be the most 'open' place to go as France is looking to kick off more and its only a matter of time to England feels the brunt of this.

I disagree with shutting the country, we would be ******* up the future of the next generation of children from the recession and financial disaster closing the country would cause all for under 1% of people who will actually catch this.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:55 am

daysofourlives wrote:When is the trip?

This, we would have to be the easiest country to contain this crap, Italy had no chance with the amount of ways people could enter their country from so many different modes or directions.

Shits gonna get worse before it gets better, we just need to be smart as a country.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:02 am

whufc wrote:We may have to consider spending that bit more and think about Norway, Denmark, Sweden which without doing my research seem to be less affected.

Just make sure you take out that second mortgage first so you can afford the Scando cost of living. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:20 am

Bad news overnight whufc with the virus getting much worse in the UK and is now officially a pandemic.
My missus has flights booked next month to go over and surprise her brother for his wedding in England but this is now looking less likely to happen.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3863 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:24 am

Officially a pandemic now so most TI policies are worth zilch and a whole heap more flight cancelations coming up. Already have had 1 trip cancelled and another is getting just too hard
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:34 am

Jim05 wrote:Officially a pandemic now so most TI policies are worth zilch and a whole heap more flight cancelations coming up. Already have had 1 trip cancelled and another is getting just too hard

Yeah most flight cancellations seem to be due to lack of travellers rather than due to being allowed to fly into countries.

I was speaking to a few doctors last night and there seems to be a common thought amongst the medical community that this will get worse for the next month but then get to a point that they realise all contamination efforts are pointless and causing more damage then good such as social, mental, financial.

A lot are predicting everything to go back to normal within 6 weeks.

They did admit they were guessing but they believe it will be similar to the swine flu timeline.
whufc
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:35 am

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Officially a pandemic now so most TI policies are worth zilch and a whole heap more flight cancelations coming up. Already have had 1 trip cancelled and another is getting just too hard

Yeah most flight cancellations seem to be due to lack of travellers rather than due to being allowed to fly into countries.

I was speaking to a few doctors last night and there seems to be a common thought amongst the medical community that this will get worse for the next month but then get to a point that they realise all contamination efforts are pointless and causing more damage then good such as social, mental, financial.

They did admit they were guessing but they believe it will be similar to the swine flu timeline.

Hoping you're right, whufc, we've got a trip to the US booked for late November/early December.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 am

Magellan wrote:
whufc wrote:

Hoping you're right, whufc, we've got a trip to the US booked for late November/early December.

Honestly i dont think anyones got a real idea of how this will play out and are all guessing but was interesting to hear their point of view. Alot of comparisons can be made to the SARS timeline.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:47 am

whufc wrote:
Honestly i dont think anyones got a real idea of how this will play out and are all guessing but was interesting to hear their point of view. Alot of comparisons can be made to the SARS timeline.

SARS has nothing on this from what I've seen/heard, 60 minutes was interesting viewing on Sunday night, a bit of an eye-opener, experts are suggesting the disease originated from someone eating a pangolin.

The missus has shared the same views as me up until today, now she's hitting the panic button and thinks we're looking at all getting a 2 week lock-down.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

SARS has nothing on this from what I've seen/heard, 60 minutes was interesting viewing on Sunday night, a bit of an eye-opener, experts are suggesting the disease originated from someone eating a pangolin.

The missus has shared the same views as me up until today, now she's hitting the panic button and thinks we're looking at all getting a 2 week lock-down.

It's all a load of absolute wank. I'm happy to have a 2 week lock down at home binging on Netflix though.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion