Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:28 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:As some know we had our trip to Bali cut short in March last year as my MIL's cancer suddenly got on top of her, we raced home and got to spend the last 24 hours with her. To get home the same day we had to fly via Perth and just paid whatever we needed to make it.

Anyway Ive been putting off contacting Jetstar about the return flights we never used, had some time today so got onto their live chat service, thinking Id have to fill out forms, send multiple emails etc just to get the value of the flights back, about $400.

After they asked a few questions and I uploaded the Death Certificate, it took about an hour, but they came back and said they are arranging a $1,000 credit for us to use and we will have the email in the first week of Jan. I was taken back cause the return flights only cost us $800, but then remembered that the flight we took from Bali to Perth was Jetstar and that cost us around $900 from memory, that was obviously considered.

They have copped a bad rap lately but well played Jetstar :)

Will use that to get back to Bali for Dec next year for our 50ths

Jetstar have a sale on at the moment, just booked December trip to Bali using voucher, cost us $500 out of pocket for 4 of us.

It'll cost you more than that when Bali becomes a do not travel destination :lol:

Better not. I’ve booked a surprise trip with Riley in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIS first trip?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:12 pm

Nudging back a cheeky Chardy paired with a pizza and enjoying the ambience of the Yarra Valley wineries.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:59 pm

Apricot slice for afters?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:57 am

mighty hounds wrote:Tested out the Northern Connector today. 11 mins to get to the Virginia exit. Speed limit is only 80 atm as well. 30km to Angle Vale now and only 40 to Gawler.

Yeah, I used it as an excuse to go to the pub on Saturday and then the missus and I went for a drive to Semaphore on Sunday, it will be pretty handy for some, I already noticed this morning how less congested Port Wakefield Road was, it knocked about 5 or 6 minutes off my trip in.

On a sour note, I'm fair game for those who speed and get caught, you've gotta take it up the clacker like a real man, but having motorcycle cops hiding under the bridges to catch those exceeding the limit on the new connector over the weekend was plain rude IMO, the speed limits were 60 and 80 and will be for a couple of weeks until commuters "get used of the road", it was ridiculous, 3 lanes of open road where the limit will be 110, it's a revenue raising exercise IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:10 am

Booney wrote:Port Hughes next weekend, 6 lads, 2 boats, 3 nights, 30° Thursday.

:partyman:

Blowing to up 40km/h from the South all ******* weekend.

:twisted:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:31 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Port Hughes next weekend, 6 lads, 2 boats, 3 nights, 30° Thursday.

:partyman:

Blowing to up 40km/h from the South all ******* weekend.

:twisted:

Then you are in the perfect spot, the bay is protected from Southerlies.

or pack the golf clubs.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Seeing a good mate score his first century in all forms of cricket on Saturday. He's had an outstanding season scoring the most runs in our grade so for him to finally get to three figures was great to see. What made it better is he scored it against a massive rival of ours, setting up a more than comprehensive win and now a likely finals berth.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:07 am

Knowing that if the need arises I and others can come in here, pour our guts and receive nothing other than support, positive feedback and reassurance without judgement or ridicule.

Good work men. Good work.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:14 am

Booney wrote:Knowing that if the need arises I and others can come in here, pour our guts and receive nothing other than support, positive feedback and reassurance without judgement or ridicule.

Good work men. Good work.

Absolutely.

I definitely needed to spill my guts. Love the fact know one judged despite my issues being 'first world problems'

Thank you SAFooty community it actually made a huge difference and i had one of the best nights i have had at home in a fair while.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 am

By complete and utter fluke we sold some shares (to get solar panels) 2 weeks ago, if we sold the same shares today we would have $3k less in our pocket. Basically has paid for a battery if we decide to go down that path. Sometimes you do get lucky!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 am

Dutchy wrote:By complete and utter fluke we sold some shares (to get solar panels) 2 weeks ago, if we sold the same shares today we would have $3k less in our pocket. Basically has paid for a battery if we decide to go down that path. Sometimes you do get lucky!

Have a crack tonight and see if the good run continues. :D
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:By complete and utter fluke we sold some shares (to get solar panels) 2 weeks ago, if we sold the same shares today we would have $3k less in our pocket. Basically has paid for a battery if we decide to go down that path. Sometimes you do get lucky!

Have the panels gone up?
Review??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Have the panels gone up?
Review??

and did the good run continue? Review.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Sun is shining, Cans are cold, Chicken Roast stuffed with Camembert and Bacon on the Weber, Throwing darts, a Black Booker came from the clouds...again, Spotify on fire.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Spotify is on the weber as well??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:10 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Spotify is on the weber as well??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

No room.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Finally my son catches a break. His work is going to pay him for the next 2 weeks while he isolates after his overseas trip!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:50 am

Amidst all of the concern and crap going on I had another hurdle overcome on Friday.

My lad is in the CDFC football academy, he hasn't been able to train for it this year due to do his mishap but he has been taking part in his club training and increasing the intensity each week.

Friday afternoon he rang me at work to ask if he could play in academy internal, he thought it was city vs country, I said "If you feel up to it you can probably sit in a pocket and see how you go".

We get there, they have a light run and then start the game, he started on the ball, got the first clearance and then proceeded to get plenty of the ball and used it very well.

He's gone from me thinking he wont play at all this year, to he might be alright later in the season, to he should be ok to play a lesser role in his local team to now thinking he'll play his usual role in his development squad team.

The human body is amazing, you can see that his balance is still a bit shot as he fumbles a bit now when trying to pick the moving ball up off the ground cleanly but now the season will be starting later I'm guessing he'll be operating at around 90% by then.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:52 pm

My lad learning about the swings and roundabouts of life, he has been whinging and complaining about footy being cancelled and missing the $'s from footy umpiring he had already spent. But is now getting 5 hour shifts every night this week at Woolies. I rate the life experiences he is also getting working in the front line of a supermarket during these times, he is coming home with some bloody interesting stories!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Amidst all of the concern and crap going on I had another hurdle overcome on Friday.

My lad is in the CDFC football academy, he hasn't been able to train for it this year due to do his mishap but he has been taking part in his club training and increasing the intensity each week.

Friday afternoon he rang me at work to ask if he could play in academy internal, he thought it was city vs country, I said "If you feel up to it you can probably sit in a pocket and see how you go".

We get there, they have a light run and then start the game, he started on the ball, got the first clearance and then proceeded to get plenty of the ball and used it very well.

He's gone from me thinking he wont play at all this year, to he might be alright later in the season, to he should be ok to play a lesser role in his local team to now thinking he'll play his usual role in his development squad team.

The human body is amazing, you can see that his balance is still a bit shot as he fumbles a bit now when trying to pick the moving ball up off the ground cleanly but now the season will be starting later I'm guessing he'll be operating at around 90% by then.

Just be careful of how he recovers though
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion