Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:41 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Remainder of Aus v NZ cricket series abandoned after NZ enacted new restrictions. The Kiwi team is departing Australia immediately.

So this puts a stop to the major Rugby comps.
Yep and A-League I’d think.
The NRL could possibly do a redraw but doubt it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mickey » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Remainder of Aus v NZ cricket series abandoned after NZ enacted new restrictions. The Kiwi team is departing Australia immediately.

A league is continuing. Wellington to move to Australia for the rest of the season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:13 pm

mickey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

A league is continuing. Wellington to move to Australia for the rest of the season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Would think some players may refuse or seek legal action especially ones with young families
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
whufc wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:This is what my daily conversations have pretty much amounted to

"Welcome to You-know where, this is FC"

Customer: Hi, I'm travelling overseas, do you cover coronavirus

Me: No, pretty simple, if its related to corona virus, its not covered

Customer: Oh what abou....

me: Nope

customer: Not even if....

me: NO. Im sorry, I'm not sure how much simpler I can make this for you. :roll:

I rang 'you know where' yesterday and i was told i would be covered provided there was a no travel ban.

Could this be because of the dates we bought our tickets and took out our insurance.

Yep, if you purchased your policy before 20/01, you're generally ok - but dont' change your mind and decide not to go - change of mind is an exclusion

That’s what I thought

So if smart traveller warning is level 4 do not travel we are covered

As smart traveller is currently level 3 rethink about travelling we are not covered

Am I understanding that correct
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
whufc wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:This is what my daily conversations have pretty much amounted to

"Welcome to You-know where, this is FC"

Customer: Hi, I'm travelling overseas, do you cover coronavirus

Me: No, pretty simple, if its related to corona virus, its not covered

Customer: Oh what abou....

me: Nope

customer: Not even if....

me: NO. Im sorry, I'm not sure how much simpler I can make this for you. :roll:

I rang 'you know where' yesterday and i was told i would be covered provided there was a no travel ban.

Could this be because of the dates we bought our tickets and took out our insurance.

Yep, if you purchased your policy before 20/01, you're generally ok - but dont' change your mind and decide not to go - change of mind is an exclusion

That’s what I thought

So if smart traveller warning is level 4 do not travel we are covered

As smart traveller is currently level 3 rethink about travelling we are not covered

Am I understanding that correct

That's essentially how it works must be DO NOT TRAVEL and can claim only if travel provider won't provide a full refund - obviously I have to add that as long as your claim falls within the normal guidelines as well (ie, you're not drunk when you hurt yourself etc

I also just want to add for any outsiders that happen to be reading this , is that you need to consult with your own travel insurance provider as your circumstances may be different. Don't go saying the chick on the webiste said I was covered because there's a fair chance you're actually not
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Yeah before any changes we will be consulting with the insurance people

As I understand if we change flights etc which Qatar are offering us for free that makes our current policy null and void

If our flights were tomorrow we would go as otherwise we are literally thrown out $8-10k down the drain.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jase » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:36 pm

We are looking at going to the UK over Christmas holidays and the insurance we have been offered by Flight Centre covers this pandemic. So if we do book we can cancel if required.

The agent also said she has had people take that cover, get refunds when they've cancelled due to poor weather forecasts...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Jase wrote:We are looking at going to the UK over Christmas holidays and the insurance we have been offered by Flight Centre covers this pandemic. So if we do book we can cancel if required.

The agent also said she has had people take that cover, get refunds when they've cancelled due to poor weather forecasts...

Ah, the cancel for any reason cover - costs you three times as much for the policy and whilst I think you cancel due to the virus, i'd be reading any fine print in relation to being covered medically for it
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Jase wrote:We are looking at going to the UK over Christmas holidays and the insurance we have been offered by Flight Centre covers this pandemic. So if we do book we can cancel if required.

Ah, the cancel for any reason cover - costs you three times as much for the policy and whilst I think you cancel due to the virus, i'd be reading any fine print in relation to being covered medically for it

Yep! Insurance companies don’t leave themselves wide open for signing up policies on full comprehensive cover when there is known risk. It’s a great way to go broke quickly......
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 am

US now banning travel from the UK and Ireland.

Locally what amazed me the last two nights at work is there was less younger people out and about but there was so many old frail people out having large dinners or playing pokies in close proximity to people with very questionable hygeine. More than usual if anything!
5 people wanted to shake my hand.
What is wrong with them?
Are they just senile?

Glad my elderly Mum has the common sense to stay at home added to the fact she lives in a small community in the country which is spread out.

What I also don't get is why can 499 people can gather in a small indoor area with recycled air, more than that can share air in office blocks but we're not allowed to have 1000 people at Elizabeth or Noarlunga Oval comfortably being metres away from others in an outdoor area. :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:32 am

Wedgie wrote:US now banning travel from the UK and Ireland.

Locally what amazed me the last two nights at work is there was less younger people out and about but there was so many old frail people out having large dinners or playing pokies in close proximity to people with very questionable hygeine. More than usual if anything!
What is wrong with them?
Are they just senile?

Glad my elderly Mum has the common sense to stay at home added to the fact she lives in a small community in the country which is spread out.

What I also don't get is why can 499 people can gather in a small indoor area with recycled air, more than that can share air in office blocks but we're not allowed to have 1000 people at Elizabeth or Noarlunga Oval comfortably being metres away from others in an outdoor area. :?

Agree about the inconsistiences regarding the gathering of 500, screams of tokenism

I also don’t get why we can’t just look the lockdown/quarantine the most vulnerable group the over 70’s.

My nan had health issues a lot in her later years and it was well know the flu could be deadly serious for her. We took all precautions to protect her.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 pm

I’ve had my immune system chemically wiped out for the last 5 or 6 years now, so I’ll start isolating as of this week. I don’t stress too much (odd moments here and there I guess but no more than most Id think) about life, but I would worry if I thought I’d contributed to someone else who was vulnerable, getting sick. Thankfully managed a catch up with mates yesterday and a bit of pub time for sanity purposes.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:49 pm

JK wrote:I’ve had my immune system chemically wiped out for the last 5 or 6 years now, so I’ll start isolating as of this week. I don’t stress too much (odd moments here and there I guess but no more than most Id think) about life, but I would worry if I thought I’d contributed to someone else who was vulnerable, getting sick. Thankfully managed a catch up with mates yesterday and a bit of pub time for sanity purposes.

Hopefully you’ve stocked up on Green Label mate
Let us know if you need any more.
I’ll gladly drop some off to you.
Mind you, you should change to Stout. Full of zinc: the building block of your immune system
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Grenville » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:US now banning travel from the UK and Ireland.

What is wrong with them?
Are they just senile?

Agreed, I said to a mate Friday if you wanted to spread it at a trial game you'd have to walk round 3/4 of the oval to find someone.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby JK » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
JK wrote:I’ve had my immune system chemically wiped out for the last 5 or 6 years now, so I’ll start isolating as of this week. I don’t stress too much (odd moments here and there I guess but no more than most Id think) about life, but I would worry if I thought I’d contributed to someone else who was vulnerable, getting sick. Thankfully managed a catch up with mates yesterday and a bit of pub time for sanity purposes.

Mind you, you should change to Stout. Full of zinc: the building block of your immune system

Ha thanks mate, my Mrs and her Yugo genetics means there’s always a drop of something around the place (they think Rakija fixes everything). Never been a huge Stout fan, but was keen on the B&T’s in my early 20’s, maybe need to get back into them :D :-BD
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm

JK wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Ha thanks mate, my Mrs and her Yugo genetics means there’s always a drop of something around the place (they think Rakija fixes everything). Never been a huge Stout fan, but was keen on the B&T’s in my early 20’s, maybe need to get back into them :D :-BD

I had to google Yugo and Rakija!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 pm

:lol:
FB_IMG_1584252602833.jpg
FB_IMG_1584252602833.jpg (114.49 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Son flys into Adelaide from Singapore in the morning, now forced to self isolate for 14 days. No work for 2 weeks when he needs the money and no cricket finals. He won’t be happy, but not much you can do.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Coles at Christies Beach

3pm today

Every checkout open, when normally only 1 maybe 2 max.
Overheard other customers say Woolies just further up the road is out of everything that people are stockpiling.
Coles were out of Toilet rolls, tissue, baked beans, hand soaps, even weetbix was nearly all gone and empty shelves where other cereal lives.
I really dont understand the hysteria.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:13 pm

If world war 3 started tomorrow it would be full anarchy

Society is stuffed!!
whufc
Coach