COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 am

football tragic wrote:I work in a Gym where you stand and sweat in close proximity to the person alongside you.
You also have no measures of checking these people follow the hygiene standards
If you have 100 people in a gym sweating and training together you cannot argue it isn't the same as training and playing football.

If you have 100 people in a gym sweating and training together I would call that irresponsible work practice given the current environment.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:59 am

football tragic wrote:I work in a Gym where you stand and sweat in close proximity to the person alongside you.
If you have 100 people in a gym sweating and training together you cannot argue it isn't the same as training and playing football.

I have suspended my gym membership for now, I may aswell lick shopping trolley handles if i was to go to the gym daily.

We can keep our heads in the sand and end up like Italy or be like the Kiwi's and get on the front foot straight away, we've wasted too much time already.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 am

Yank Man wrote:

If you have 100 people in a gym sweating and training together I would call that irresponsible work practice given the current environment.

Gyms have been told they are low risk, greater risk at the local supermarket and nobody wants them to close
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:12 am

Brodlach wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Gyms have been told they are low risk, greater risk at the local supermarket and nobody wants them to close

100 people in a gym sweating it out next to each other? OK, I'll take your word for it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 am

Been to Next gen ….. queen?
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:21 am

football tragic wrote:Been to Next gen ….. queen?

Na mate, I just go to plus fitness at hours when they are less populated like 7:30pm or 5am, I'm not knocking what anyone else does but at this point of time I'd sooner minimize my risk of being infected, I'm spewing that I wont be umpiring for some time now but it is for the betterment of the population.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

My guess is if we are canned until after June long weekend, we will start round 10 as the new round 1, on June 20..

June long weekend and June 13 utilised as trial match weekends. Play everyone once and leave finals etc as same dates.

If training is left to clubs discretion, logic probably suggests a few weeks off before coming back for another ‘pre season’.

If SANFL are unable to train in the meantime I cant see why we would be allowed to. Just minimize the risk now and hopefully it flattens the spike that’s inevitably coming
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

I suspect we will get notification within the hour.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:I suspect we will get notification within the hour.

9 round season, play each other once?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:49 pm

How are alot of these footballers going to pay their mortgages? Genuinely saw a couple of mates post this question on their facebook pages after recently building houses.

Will they be covered by any kind of income protection if they had it?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 pm

whufc wrote:How are alot of these footballers going to pay their mortgages? Genuinely saw a couple of mates post this question on their facebook pages after recently building houses.

I would genuinely hope no amateur or country footballer is basing their mortgage repayments around footballing income? They wouldn't get any compensation for pinging a hammy or breaking a collarbone, no different here.
Last edited by Pag on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 pm

whufc wrote:How are alot of these footballers going to pay their mortgages? Genuinely saw a couple of mates post this question on their facebook pages after recently building houses.

In the AdFL?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:08 pm

PROPOSED SEASON START of JUNE 13 - 2020

Good afternoon all.

To suggest we are in unchartered waters is an understatement.

As advised, the Adelaide Footy League Executive convened this morning to digest and dissect all current information and arrive at a position that offers some short term relief to the understandable uncertainty and questions fielded by The League to date.

The Adelaide Footy League advises the following information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its potential impact on the 2020 season.

The health and safety of AdFL staff, players, umpires, club personnel and spectators is paramount. You should be very aware if not confident that The League is closely monitoring the situation in consultation with the AFL, SANFL, relevant government bodies and health authorities.

However, we are also conscious that football plays a role in providing a balance to our members’ lives though we need to consider the risk as the rest of the world is.

The Adelaide Footy League will use the Australian Football League’s benchmark of a review of May 31 for all State League Competitions as its own. NOTE: Review which will be ongoing.

Should, as hoped the impact of COVID-19 is re-assessed to a degree that would allow State Leagues to recommence post-May 31, The League Executive have determined the following position effective immediately.

1. The 2020 Adelaide Footy League Season will be reconfigured to commence on the weekend of June 13 2020 with a 9 round competition or other for smaller competitions
a. At the very least this would allow each team to play each other once offering some level of competition integrity.
2. Finals schedules will be announced at a later date.
3. An option to freeze any Promotion and Relegation at the completion of any season played if required.

Given the circumstances, The League has no control over the likelihood of our plan materializing though it offers some semblance in which we can focus our attention in competition management and our clubs a plan in which to work towards albeit a hybrid competition.

The League will continue the process of re-establishing its own risks.

We realise that some may remain frustrated and we would obviously prefer to be in a position where we can continue as normal, but that is neither realistic or possible at this juncture.

It is not lost on us that the challenge to retain player, volunteer and member engagement will be at the forefront of your minds. Your local knowledge of your own member base would supersede that of any advice we may offer other than recommending this issue and the following form the basis of your own internal touch points as listed below:

Potential Club Agendas

- Identifying your specific responsibilities and risks ie.
o financial impact i.e. All football is cancelled for season 2020
o financial impact i.e. As planned
o Establishing list of creditors to identity financial risks
 Apparel
 Medical
 Utility Suppliers
- Player/Member engagement
o E-statements
- Opening lines of communications with asset manager from relevant Council
- Communicating with Sponsors

FAQ
General Competition/Club matters

Question - Other than standard medical guidelines, what is our response if a player, volunteer or Club member is infected or is suspected to be infected? Answer - WIP
Question - If one team chooses to forfeit a game due to the health risk – what is the result for them and the response of the League? Answer - WIP
Question - What is our policy in relation to attendance at matches, and limiting mass gatherings of more than 500 people? Answer – We will continue to refer to Government advice
Question - What constitutes large gatherings ? Answer – We continue to seek advice from relevant authorities

Should we need to delay / postpone matches:

Question - What is the trigger point for delaying/postponing games? Answer – WIP. We will be forming policy around that in the coming weeks
Question - How many clubs affected, should require a revision to the league fixture ? Answer – WIP. We will be forming policy around that in the coming weeks

Should we need to cancel matches:

Question - Do we have to pay contracted players? Answer - only if they play
Question - What is the insurance policy on offer? Answer – WIP. We continue to seek advice from relevant authorities
Question - Is there a broader AFL industry support model for Community Clubs ? Answer – WIP
There is no doubt there will be other questions. We will be collating an FAQ page via our website so encourage questions by email to list for the collective to consider.
The League will continue the task of assessing its own risks and as we come to know more outside of Community Announcements, we will keep the lines of communication open to all Member Clubs.

Regards

John Kernahan | Chief Executive Officer

T: +61 8 8443 8999 A: Thebarton Oval, 1a Meyer Street, Torrensville SA 5031
E: kernahan@adelaidefooty.com.au W: https://adelaidefootyleague.teamapp.com/
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:14 pm

They cant honestly be serious, no one is giving them a mortgage based on football income.

If they are genuinely concerned they now have Thursday nights and Saturday arvo's off to go get another job.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:20 pm

How can you be so heartless to those poor bastards playing for Glenunga
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Whoomp, there it is.

Unfortunately the correct decision has been made, no more speculation.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:How can you be so heartless to those poor bastards playing for Glenunga

It's made its way from Sacred Heart, to Scotch, now to Unley High, I'd say Glenunga is next on COVID's hitlist. They should be thankful. ;)
Pag
Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:23 pm

So training is cancelled then I assume?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:31 pm

S Demon wrote:So training is cancelled then I assume?

We're done for a while, seniors and juniors.
Pag
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:32 pm

S Demon wrote:So training is cancelled then I assume?

Up to clubs, but you'd think a break for a little while at least - no value in training right through until June.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League