Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I knew you were a bit of a drama queen when you went on about worrying every minute of the day about the future of your children but it's worse than I originally thought.

You can keep my family out of any of your bullshit comebacks. Cheers.

You're the one telling the story.

So let's recap.

The whole world is doing their best to stop the spread of a disease that, at this point, appears to kill the most vulnerable, the old and infirm but you think it's a laugh.

I want what's best for my kids, their health, their financial security, their futures and I'm a drama queen.

I reckon that says more about you than it does me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I knew you were a bit of a drama queen when you went on about worrying every minute of the day about the future of your children but it's worse than I originally thought.

You can keep my family out of any of your bullshit comebacks. Cheers.

You're the one telling the story.

So let's recap.

The whole world is doing their best to stop the spread of a disease that, at this point, appears to kill the most vulnerable, the old and infirm but you think it's a laugh.

I want what's best for my kids, their health, their financial security, their futures and I'm a drama queen.

I reckon that says more about you than it does me.

Now I know how poor old UK Fan feels when you bully him.

No I don't think people dying is a laugh. I' not that much of a ****. However, I do think the way certain people carry on is a laugh.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:01 pm

My 17 year old daughter is on board a flight from Melbourne by herself as we speak, I have my concerns.

She cut a deal with some family to babysit their kids whilst they held a convention over the weekend, the paid her her to fly business class each way and triple what she would've earnt at her usual job for the 4 days that she was there, plus she got to take two days off of school.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:
Don't you think you have a social responsibility to cancel it and not go out?

Hang on, did you not just jump on a germ infested plane to go to Tassie, assuming with your very young family in tow?

I won't judge if you bring me back fudge though ;) 8)

Negative. That was a Facebook memory from three years ago.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:
Don't you think you have a social responsibility to cancel it and not go out?

Hang on, did you not just jump on a germ infested plane to go to Tassie, assuming with your very young family in tow?

I won't judge if you bring me back fudge though ;) 8)

Negative. That was a Facebook memory from three years ago.

Ah, is that what it was! :lol: I thought it was somewhat odd that you'd do that.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:44 pm

In Communication I had with one teacher today he seemed to think schools will get shutdown with an announcement sometime in the next two days.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:16 pm

A Japanese man has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time.

He was given a clean bill of heath on March 2nd, only to test positive again over the weekend.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Australian doctors have issued an open letter to governments urging a change of course in their response to COVID-19.

Doctors are urging state and federal governments to implement strict lockdown and social distancing policies, while ramping up health resources, the ABC reports.

In the letter, doctors warn that Australia's health system and spread of age demographics are similar to hat of Italy's.

"On current growth rates, the 300 cases in Australia today will be … 10,000 by the 4th of April" the letter reads.

They say Australia is "in a worse position than Italy is currently in", based on our current preparations.

The doctors also note that the death rate in Italy is even higher than that of Wuhan, where the outbreak first appeared in December.

The letter urges Australia to take lessons from countries that have more effectively handled the outbreak, such as China, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan, where social distancing measures and a widespread economic lockdown have drastically helped contain the virus.
PatowalongaPirate

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Corona Man wrote:I've stayed away from work today, and most likely will all week as I have a slight fever, dry cough & body fatigue. All flu like symptoms. I called my GP and went through the questions they ask, they referred me to the 1800 number which as you can imagine is overloaded. I called the local hospital that has a Covid-19 testing area, however I don't meet all the requirements for testing. So I am stuck. Whatever I have won't kill me (I hope) but I do feel shit house. My biggest concern is spreading whatever I have to others in these uncertain times.

Anyone who backed me @ $1.05...... we are waiting on the developed print!

What a ridiculous situation. The virus is spreading beyond a single degree of separation from those who travelled abroad and already tested positive. Testing needs to be available for anyone who presents with key symptoms.

I suspect that because of the strict criteria for testing that current numbers are much lower than reality.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 pm

17/03/2020 3:15pm

Total Confirmed-455
Total Deaths-5

New Cases Today-77
Critical-1

NSW-210 - 3 deaths
QLD-78 - 1 death
VIC-94
SA-32*
WA-31 - 1 death
TAS- 7
ACT-2
NT-1

Recovered-25
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:A Japanese man has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time.

He was given a clean bill of heath on March 2nd, only to test positive again over the weekend.

Two strains theory?
Q.
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:55 pm

A woman in Japan also recently tested positive for COVID-19 first being diagnosed with coronavirus in late January according to a statement released by Osaka’s prefectural government, was discharged shortly after her symptoms had improved.

A subsequent test came back negative for the virus – but three weeks later, she returned to hospital with a sore throat and chest pain, and tested positive for the disease again.

Similar cases of “reinfection” have been reported in China, where a physician warned it was possible for recovered patients to contract the virus again.

Speaking at a Chinese National Health Commission briefing on January 30, director of pneumonia prevention and treatment at the China-Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing, Zhan Quingyuan, said that while COVID-19 patients all seem to generate antibodies against the coronavirus, in some individuals the antibodies don’t appear to last for very long.

While scientists continue to understand more comprehensively how the disease works, at this stage there wasn’t a definitive position on whether the illness returning a second time was a given.

Speaking to news.com.au previously, senior medical virologist with NSW Health Pathology, Professor William Rawlinson said while this may be a feature of the virus, it was too soon to say.

There are several possible scenarios as to why people may become infected a second time, including that detection of the virus becomes negative in the nose and throat but persists in the lungs.

“Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs,” professor at the NYU School of Medicine, Philip Tierno, told Reuters.

However, international health expert at the University of Pittsburgh Donald Burke told Wired that scientists were a long way from finding any “solid” evidence that suggests people could be reinfected.
PatowalongaPirate

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Q. wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:A Japanese man has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time.

Two strains theory?
My understanding is that there have been many mutations of the virus but originally there were 2 strains dating back to 20/12/19. The strain in Italy seems to be different to the others.
Some school of thought that initial testing of the Japanese patient may have been an issue
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Up early this morning in order to join my fellow panic buyers during the protected shopping time of 7am to 8am. Quite a queue however but credit where its due, all shelves fully stocked and like everyone else was able to get enough of the staples to last for the next 2 weeks.

Well done Dan Murphys!
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Two strains theory?
My understanding is that there have been many mutations of the virus but originally there were 2 strains dating back to 20/12/19. The strain in Italy seems to be different to the others.
Some school of thought that initial testing of the Japanese patient may have been an issue

The cases of two strain theory are so minimal at this stage most medical professionals believe it would have an issue with one of the tests along the journey.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Apparently public servants in SA still haven't been sent to work from home (despite the private sector initiating it across the board) because:

a) there has been a significant cut to allocation of laptops over recent years
b) the VPN can only handle 1000 users

Farcical!
Q.
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:31 pm

If we go into lockdown for a sustained period I wonder if mental health funding that was recently cut will be reinstated.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm

whufc wrote:If we go into lockdown for a sustained period I wonder if mental health funding that was recently cut will be reinstated.

Mental health issues will soar as isolation becomes reality.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby am Bays » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Best case scenario for SA is ~ 350 000 infections (20% of the population could be as high as 60% therefore it will be a million people infected).

That relates to 35 000 hospital admissions - only 10% of those infected are expected to require hospitalisation (FMC had 98 000 Separations in 2017-18)

Of that 35000, 10 000 may require ICU treatment. There are less than 200 ICU beds in SA

If this sh!t gets real decision will be made and health care prioritised based on your age and pre-existing conditions

Are you over 60 - no ICU bed for you
Are you over 70 - we wont admit you

The social distancing is all about reducing the number of cases across Australia so our health system can cope with the increased demand and avoid preventable deaths

SA Health are expecting this to last 6-9 months (conversation today with people who provide training for them in Open Disclosure)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 pm

If business need to be shutdown are full time staff paid as holidays or sick days?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion