Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Why aren't people understanding we're just trying to stop it getting out of control?

There are litrerally two types of people at the moment..

1. Those who realise it's about not letting it get out of control, and the possible implications if it does.
2. Those who are heroes that compare it to the flu and think everyone has gone bananas.

Sadly it's the number 2's who will be the cause of it getting out of control if it does.

BTW just because I don’t agree with you don’t call me a “hero”. Ok champ?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Booney wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Won’t happen, would kill all small businesses. Paying rent won’t stop.

20 million people in the country and 600 have it, mass hysteria IMO

No, 600 people are known to have it. This is just the beginning.

Why aren't people understanding we're just trying to stop it getting out of control?

That ship has sailed, it's about minimising unnecessary deaths now.

Sadly when you have a leader that is more concerned with making sure the economy doesn't take a hit than making sure people survive then it's not hard to see why people are underestimating the impact this will have.

Haven't heard much reported on African nations yet either because it impacts the western world but I fear for what is going to happen there.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:BTW just because I don’t agree with you don’t call he a “hero”. Ok champ?

:lol:

I wasn't actually referring to you bub, but the hoard of people who keep popping up on social media carrying on like pork chops. Ok Chief. 8) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Spangas » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:16 pm

If retards stopped cleaning the ******* shops out every day there would be a lot less panic.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Here's the zinger for me;

How long till we get one of these viruses that are ten times more contagious with 80%+ fatality rates.

It's only a matter of time IMO
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Someone's being over dramatic again

Pretty ordinary behaviour to make light of how I process things.

You can join UK and marbles. Esteemed company.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:20 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Here's the zinger for me;

How long till we get one of these viruses that are ten times more contagious with 80%+ fatality rates.

Geez now we're talking about one 10 times worse :roll: . You sure you don't work for Sunrise or the Today Show?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:BTW just because I don’t agree with you don’t call he a “hero”. Ok champ?

:lol:

I wasn't actually referring to you bub, but the hoard of people who keep popping up on social media carrying on like pork chops. Ok Chief. 8) :lol:

**** off bud!
;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Geez now we're talking about one 10 times worse :roll: . You sure you don't work for Sunrise or the Today Show?

I pondered a question.....I'm not particularly worried at all about this, but surely the way the world is going there'll be a beauty come along
Last edited by westcoastpanther on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:23 pm

The only winners in this whole schamozzle are Supermarkets and mask manufacturers
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Booney wrote:

Because I disagree with the way you carry on, it makes what I say ordinary? I know you think you're the be all and end all of all things SAFooty thread related but you ain't sorry. Your carry on lately has proved that to me. You don't take criticism very well.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby JK » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Spangas wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts about Sco Mo's claims 'Lockdown' isnt the answer and doesnt work.
Every medical expert seems to be advocating a mass lockdown whilst we have seen alot of other countries go down that path.

ScoMo is getting advice from medical experts. He doesn't make these decisions on his own.
Better to play it safe now, than pay for it dearly later. People just need to be conscious of their personal hygiene and not lose their minds (whoops...too late.)

Don’t disagree. I think the lack of trust in politicians (especially this one) doesn’t help. The government has to weigh up the significance of a wounded but not dead economy with harm minimization. They might be working to a different mortality rate to others though.

I’ve still got the kids out of school, aided by having the luxury of both the missus and I working from home. Tough decision now whether to back our thoughts in against those of our Pollies, coupled with a concern of the kids falling behind their peers.

I don’t think I’ve ever flip-flopped on such a range of thoughts, in such a short space of time, as I have in the past 5 days.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:The only winners in this whole schamozzle are Supermarkets and mask manufacturers

And Pharmacies.
Sales are booming.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Can’t do much about it until:if it hits. Can’t make a vaccine for something that hadn’t happened
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Can I ask why you have taken the kids out of school JK?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pm

JK wrote:
Spangas wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts about Sco Mo's claims 'Lockdown' isnt the answer and doesnt work.
Every medical expert seems to be advocating a mass lockdown whilst we have seen alot of other countries go down that path.

ScoMo is getting advice from medical experts. He doesn't make these decisions on his own.
Better to play it safe now, than pay for it dearly later. People just need to be conscious of their personal hygiene and not lose their minds (whoops...too late.)

Don’t disagree. I think the lack of trust in politicians (especially this one) doesn’t help. The government has to weigh up the significance of a wounded but not dead economy with harm minimization. They might be working to a different mortality rate to others though.

I’ve still got the kids out of school, aided by having the luxury of both the missus and I working from home. Tough decision now whether to back our thoughts in against those of our Pollies, coupled with a concern of the kids falling behind their peers.

I don’t think I’ve ever flip-flopped on such a range of thoughts, in such a short space of time, as I have in the past 5 days.

We’re both working from home but have chosen to keep the kids at school.
All expert opinions say the schools are a safe place to be.

Why have you chosen to keep the kids at home?
Obviously there is no right or wrong answer but we discussed this last night so keen to hear other people’s thoughts on it.
Last edited by amber_fluid on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pm

JK wrote:
Spangas wrote:

People are listening to Karl Stefanovic before ScoMo because people like to be enraged
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:28 pm

KFC dining is closed, drive thru only.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

KFC dining is closed, drive thru only.

Someone at work today said KFC was closed, I almost died.
Then she said oh it’s only the drive through.
My heart started again.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Because I disagree with the way you carry on, it makes what I say ordinary? I know you think you're the be all and end all of all things SAFooty thread related but you ain't sorry. Your carry on lately has proved that to me. You don't take criticism very well.

You can disagree with my views on politics, football, cars, whatever, couldn't care less, I'll stand up for mine either way but several of your posts have been about me worrying about my kids future, the spread of this virus and me being a drama queen. That's a personal attack on me, my thoughts, my feelings. As you call it "carry on", that's none of your business.

I knew you couldn't see the difference.

I've been married for 22 years, criticism isn't new to me.
Last edited by Booney on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion