Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:31 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:Here's the zinger for me;

KFC dining is closed, drive thru only.

Someone at work today said KFC was closed, I almost died.
Then she said oh it’s only the drive through.
My heart started again.

Ironically eating the food is what will ultimately lead to your heart stopping for good though.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:Can I ask why you have taken the kids out of school JK?

The thought process was based on a worst case scenario, ie, Italy. Kids, as kids do, aren’t the most hygienic, so I would have hated for them to infect others. While I basically have no immune system, it’s their grandparents and other vulnerable people I was more concerned about.

At the end of the day I/we considered it the safest option, and if the worst that came from it was a month or so down the track I think “whoops might have overreacted a bit there”, well that’s something I could easily live with. The alternate wasn’t/isn’t.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

My heart started again.

I don't care.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:35 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Can I ask why you have taken the kids out of school JK?

The thought process was based on a worst case scenario, ie, Italy. Kids, as kids do, aren’t the most hygienic, so I would have hated for them to infect others. While I basically have no immune system, it’s their grandparents and other vulnerable people I was more concerned about.

At the end of the day I/we considered it the safest option, and if the worst that came from it was a month or so down the track I think “whoops might have overreacted a bit there”, well that’s something I could easily live with. The alternate wasn’t/isn’t.

They obviously haven't walked past yet while your laptop is open as you're "working".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Corona Man wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

My heart started again.

Ironically eating the food is what will ultimately lead to your heart stopping for good though.

I don’t care when I’m hungover.
Best cure ever.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Someone's being over dramatic again

Pretty ordinary behaviour to make light of how I process things.

You can join UK and marbles. Esteemed company.

Because I disagree with the way you carry on, it makes what I say ordinary? I know you think you're the be all and end all of all things SAFooty thread related but you ain't sorry. Your carry on lately has proved that to me. You don't take criticism very well.

You can disagree with my views on politics, football, cars, whatever, couldn't care less, I'll stand up for mine either way but several of your posts have been about me worrying about my kids future, the spread of this virus and me being a drama queen. That's a personal attack on me, my thoughts, my feelings. As you call it "carry on", that's none of your business.

I knew you couldn't see the difference.

I've been married for 22 years, criticism isn't new to me.

Yes that's correct. All valid statements on my part IMO. That's nothing personal. You need to able to take a bit of stick when someone pulls you up on something and not sook about it. Life's too short (well that's dependant on who you listen to).
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Doesn't help when all the 'experts' out there seem to have differing opinions. Not sure if I've misinterpreted it but it seems ScoMo's 'experts' have countering views to the WHO.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:38 pm

So far the main thing i have got from this thread is that Booney and Bum Crack dont like each other.

its been really helpful!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Trader » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:39 pm

JK wrote:
Spangas wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts about Sco Mo's claims 'Lockdown' isnt the answer and doesnt work.
Every medical expert seems to be advocating a mass lockdown whilst we have seen alot of other countries go down that path.

ScoMo is getting advice from medical experts. He doesn't make these decisions on his own.
Better to play it safe now, than pay for it dearly later. People just need to be conscious of their personal hygiene and not lose their minds (whoops...too late.)

Don’t disagree. I think the lack of trust in politicians (especially this one) doesn’t help. The government has to weigh up the significance of a wounded but not dead economy with harm minimization. They might be working to a different mortality rate to others though.

I’ve still got the kids out of school, aided by having the luxury of both the missus and I working from home. Tough decision now whether to back our thoughts in against those of our Pollies, coupled with a concern of the kids falling behind their peers.

I don’t think I’ve ever flip-flopped on such a range of thoughts, in such a short space of time, as I have in the past 5 days.

There are studies that suggest flattening the curve will see the mortality rate drop from 3% to 2.5%.
Assuming 60% of people catch it, that change from 3 to 2.5% will "save" in the order of 75,000 Australians. A substantial amount by anyone's count.

On the flip side, there are other studies that show unemployment increases the death rate by as much as 20%.
If you completely crash the economy and unemployment jumps 5%, out of a labour force of 15m, that's 750,000 extra unemployed, if 20% of them die as a result, that's 150,000.

I'm not sure you can say with certainty either set of numbers is correct. We've never seen CoronaVirus so can't say how beneficial flattening the curve will be, if 60% of people will catch it, etc. Similarly, the numbers around the increased risk of death from being unemployed, over what period, etc.
Therefore, you have to take the two 'results' with a grain of salt, but the takeaway should be you can't focus on one and completely ignore the other.

Flattening the curve is important, as is ensuring we don't send 100s of thousands of people into unemployment.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Spangas » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote: Because I disagree with the way you carry on, it makes what I say ordinary?

That's a personal attack on me, my thoughts, my feelings. As you call it "carry on", that's none of your business. I knew you couldn't see the difference.

That's nothing personal. You need to able to take a bit of stick when someone pulls you up on something and not sook about it.

#MAFS
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Pag wrote:Doesn't help when all the 'experts' out there seem to have differing opinions. Not sure if I've misinterpreted it but it seems ScoMo's 'experts' have countering views to the WHO.

Agreed

Suggest social distancing yet I have seen on the Government of SA sports site that they think social sport should go ahead.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Johno6 wrote:So far the main thing i have got from this thread is that Booney and Bum Crack dont like each other.

its been really helpful!

I have no issues with Boon. I'm not taking this personally at all. We agree to disagree. Can't believe he is referring me and UK Fan in same sentence lol. He must well and truly have the shits with me :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Johno6 wrote:So far the main thing i have got from this thread is that Booney and Bum Crack dont like each other.

its been really helpful!

you needed this thread to work that out? :shock:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Trader wrote:
JK wrote:
Spangas wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts about Sco Mo's claims 'Lockdown' isnt the answer and doesnt work.
Every medical expert seems to be advocating a mass lockdown whilst we have seen alot of other countries go down that path.

ScoMo is getting advice from medical experts. He doesn't make these decisions on his own.
Better to play it safe now, than pay for it dearly later. People just need to be conscious of their personal hygiene and not lose their minds (whoops...too late.)

Don’t disagree. I think the lack of trust in politicians (especially this one) doesn’t help. The government has to weigh up the significance of a wounded but not dead economy with harm minimization. They might be working to a different mortality rate to others though.

I’ve still got the kids out of school, aided by having the luxury of both the missus and I working from home. Tough decision now whether to back our thoughts in against those of our Pollies, coupled with a concern of the kids falling behind their peers.

I don’t think I’ve ever flip-flopped on such a range of thoughts, in such a short space of time, as I have in the past 5 days.

There are studies that suggest flattening the curve will see the mortality rate drop from 3% to 2.5%.
Assuming 60% of people catch it, that change from 3 to 2.5% will "save" in the order of 75,000 Australians. A substantial amount by anyone's count.

On the flip side, there are other studies that show unemployment increases the death rate by as much as 20%.
If you completely crash the economy and unemployment jumps 5%, out of a labour force of 15m, that's 750,000 extra unemployed, if 20% of them die as a result, that's 150,000.

I'm not sure you can say with certainty either set of numbers is correct. We've never seen CoronaVirus so can't say how beneficial flattening the curve will be, if 60% of people will catch it, etc. Similarly, the numbers around the increased risk of death from being unemployed, over what period, etc.
Therefore, you have to take the two 'results' with a grain of salt, but the takeaway should be you can't focus on one and completely ignore the other.

Flattening the curve is important, as is ensuring we don't send 100s of thousands of people into unemployment.

I don’t say this lightly or jokingly, there will be a lot of people who commit suicide if underemployment gets to that sort of level.
Last edited by Brodlach on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:45 pm

its been really helpful!

Lets face it, not everyone is into Bum Crack.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Trader wrote:
JK wrote:
Spangas wrote:

Yeah without delving into that type of data, I was aware of the significance of the economy. I’d hate to be in charge of the juggling act. Economy hurting too badly would have to have a effect on social order too and you’d hate to see a separate graph running for that one.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Corona Man wrote:

its been really helpful!

Lets face it, not everyone is into Bum Crack.

Bum Crack isn't splitting hairs.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Booney wrote:

Being compared to UK Fan is one thing but being compared to Marbles is next level..........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Being compared to UK Fan is one thing but being compared to Marbles is next level..........

I miss me ole mate marbles.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:55 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Always thought he was your alter ego
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion