Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I guess it hasnt been mentioned because they dont want complacency creeping in but is there a chance that it wont actually take off here in SA or more broadly in Australia?
Can it be knocked on the head completely by not letting anyone into the country once people have recovered? Are we better off having a slow spread to build the immunity? I guess what im saying is there any benefit to completely shutting it down in Australia or will that just mean when we open the borders again we become more susceptible?

Also on the tinfoil hat note, I saw a graph, pretty much all countries have lost around 25% financially in their markets, China 0.3% growth. its starting to get very smelly. China also reporting no new cases, do they have a cure? Did they have a cure from the start? Was it deliberately released?

You wouldnt doubt it would you.

More like a massive coverup by China

No new cases if you get shot if you look sick
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:21 pm

NAB have annoucned that Brod
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:Conversely the importers are going to struggle with the low USD, margins are going to be smashed, when many are already on tight margins.

Can only hope many importers hedged their USD positions, if a significant part of their product comes from China etc.

I'm getting smashed with the euro at the moment. Our core business unit is supplied out of italy. Euro was 53 cents yesterday, back to 54 today. Have a 120k bill to pay, just working out how long to hold off on paying it. Project was quoted 9 months ago and usually work off 60c so decent loss on this one element
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby tipper » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 pm

right. this shit is getting personal now.

our first ever overseas trip got cancelled, not happy but i can deal with that. it will get rebooked at some point in the future.

kids sport postponed, ok, fine, the kids dont like it but they understand

now my usual friday lunch friends have all told me they cant meet me today. either working from home, leaving early, or just dont want to risk it. BAH!! :evil: how can i get through a friday afternoon sober??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 pm

tipper wrote:right. this shit is getting personal now.

our first ever overseas trip got cancelled, not happy but i can deal with that. it will get rebooked at some point in the future.

now my usual friday lunch friends have all told me they cant meet me today. either working from home, leaving early, or just dont want to risk it. BAH!! :evil: how can i get through a friday afternoon sober??

You don't need people with you to drink. It's a myth.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:

You don't need people with you to drink. It's a myth.

yeah, but im shithouse company :lol:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I guess it hasnt been mentioned because they dont want complacency creeping in but is there a chance that it wont actually take off here in SA or more broadly in Australia?
Can it be knocked on the head completely by not letting anyone into the country once people have recovered? Are we better off having a slow spread to build the immunity? I guess what im saying is there any benefit to completely shutting it down in Australia or will that just mean when we open the borders again we become more susceptible?

Also on the tinfoil hat note, I saw a graph, pretty much all countries have lost around 25% financially in their markets, China 0.3% growth. its starting to get very smelly. China also reporting no new cases, do they have a cure? Did they have a cure from the start? Was it deliberately released?

My tin foil hat/grassy knoll 2 cents worth.

"IF" it can be proved, beyond ANY doubt at all, that the Chinese have developed a virus, and its been released either deliberately or accidentally and caused the harm it already has, let alone what the final tolls are.... the they can go suck a big fat one. And any sanctions, economic or otherwise will not be enough. Nuke the **** I say.

Bats, yeah that's all the pricks will be eating!

Trumpy called it a Chinese Virus, so the yanks in the war room must be thinking that way.

This thing may play out in all sorts of ways.

What if the chinks are sitting on a vaccine, and not sharing it with the rest of the world?

:twisted:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:09 pm

Corona Man wrote:
"

Trumpy called it a Chinese Virus, so the yanks in the war room must be thinking that way.

One of his cronies actually called it the KUNG FLU

Must admit, it made me giggle :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
whufc wrote:

My tin foil hat/grassy knoll 2 cents worth.

"IF" it can be proved, beyond ANY doubt at all, that the Chinese have developed a virus, and its been released either deliberately or accidentally and caused the harm it already has, let alone what the final tolls are.... the they can go suck a big fat one. And any sanctions, economic or otherwise will not be enough. Nuke the **** I say.

Bats, yeah that's all the pricks will be eating!

This thing may play out in all sorts of ways.

What if the chinks are sitting on a vaccine, and not sharing it with the rest of the world?

:twisted:

If you keep that language up, they're going to be even less willing to share it.

Bronwyn Bishop had a similar theory that was aired on Paul Murray's program on Sky, so feel free to join her in the helicopter of paranoia. ;)

Trump's still trying to pander to his base, who'd love any type of anti-Chinese sentiment, particularly after a day or so of being retrained and quasi-responsible, plus with Biden gaining increased media coverage by winning more delegates in the recent Democratic primaries.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Corona Man wrote:"Trumpy called it a Chinese Virus, so the yanks in the war room must be thinking that way.

One of his cronies actually called it the KUNG FLU

Must admit, it made me giggle :lol:

#CasualRacism
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Pag » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:33 pm

NAPLAN testing scheduled for all schools nationally in late April/early May cancelled to focus on 'the wellbeing of students' and continuity of learning.

:roll:

'Safe' to go to school, but apparently not safe enough to sit a test. Mixed messaging at it finest.
Last edited by Pag on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Pag wrote:NAPLAN testing scheduled for all schools nationally in late April/early May cancelled to focus on 'the wellbeing of students' and continuity of learning.

'Safe' to go to school, but apparently not safe enough to sit a test. Mixed mesaging at it finest.

Is this potentially indicating that schools themselves will be closed soon enough?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Bronwyn Bishop had a similar theory that was aired on Paul Murray's program on Sky, so feel free to join her in the helicopter of paranoia. ;)

Please feel free to share your own opinion!

I did say if, and any doubt.

I am annoyed, sorry. And growingly suspicious. Happy for them to prove their innocence & be wrong. Maybe they just ****** up - if so fine. If not then they pay the price. Or do you think that the Chinese should just ride roughshot over the rest of us?

By the way, I don't think they read the forum, and won't be offended by my language. - ;)
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Drats
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Looking like pubs, cafes and bars will be shutting down with the governments new measures. 1 person per 4sqm in enclosed areas is the new restrictions
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:NAPLAN testing scheduled for all schools nationally in late April/early May cancelled to focus on 'the wellbeing of students' and continuity of learning.

'Safe' to go to school, but apparently not safe enough to sit a test. Mixed mesaging at it finest.

Is this potentially indicating that schools themselves will be closed soon enough?

I don’t think schools will get shut down for sure, but I think it’s a possibility they’re keeping up their sleeve for if required.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pag » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Possibly, or the fact that attendance is dropping at a huge rate and it may not give them the data they want.
Last edited by Pag on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:Looking like pubs, cafes and bars will be shutting down with the governments new measures. 1 person per 4sqm in enclosed areas is the new restrictions

Is that to be implemented immediately?

Im starting a shift in our front bar in 90 mins! It would mean Id have to cull the usual 50 to about 12! :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:35 pm

If we are throwing around wild and crazy theories and casual racism, perhaps Izzy Falou was correct :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Brodlach on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Maybe take a calculator and a tape measure to work today [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext