Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Have to say something needs to be done though, people are still not getting it.
Ive seen quite a few posts where 18ths and 21sts went ahead on the weekend and the parents of these events defending their right to host a heap of people etc Its just as irresponsible as the American **** in the Barossa
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Armchair expert wrote:AFL is done with

Only if they class it as non essential, i think thats up for debate that could go either way
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Victoria closing down all non essential industry over the next 48hrs with NSW to do likewise

unnecassary, what is non essential? Agriculture, business related to Agriculture, factories that process Ag? Are some items of AG considered non essential like Advocados, grapes, nuts, wine, bacon etc etc
Releasing the finer details later but at this stage it looks like all pubs, clubs, cafes, shops such as hairdressers, salons, clothing stores etc plus I’d presume many office jobs
If they close down hairdressers, Australia is gonna look like the early seventies in a few months.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Corona Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Victoria closing down all non essential industry over the next 48hrs with NSW to do likewise

unnecassary, what is non essential? Agriculture, business related to Agriculture, factories that process Ag? Are some items of AG considered non essential like Advocados, grapes, nuts, wine, bacon etc etc

Businesses will be categorised tier 1 Police, Firefighters etc, tier 2 food manufacturers etc...... bottom tier gyms, hairdressers etc.

Obviously biased here considering i managed a health and fitness centre but its shocking we are categorised so lowly.

We have people at our centre who are doing rehab after having serious surgery only month(s) ago.

There is also a significant amount people who need access to facilities otherwise they risk 'losing it' if they cant move it.

That is also disregarding the fact we are living through an obesity epidemic and everything that entails.

We have a lot of older adults at our gym who are more scared about having to give up their 'training' then they are of coronavirus. One even said if they can't train and keep up their range of movement they might as well be dead.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 pm

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY all people entering South Australia must isolate for 14-days from their arrival.

This applies to South Australians, other Australians and other travellers, and will be supported by border control from Tuesday 24 March at 4pm.

Exemptions will apply for essential transport including health and medical supplies, health personnel and patients, food and commercial supply chains (i.e. the carrying of goods), healthcare workers, near border interactions, travel of a relative/carer of a dependant individual, and for emergency services.

Other travellers (for example fly-in-fly-out workers in the mining industry or national level sporting teams) could be exempt from this provision provided they had approved disease control mechanisms in place.

The criteria for testing for COVID-19 has been expanded in South Australia from today to include anyone who has travelled from interstate in the last seven days and have new respiratory symptoms.

Please only present for testing if you fulfill the criteria:
▪ You have travelled overseas in the past 14 days AND have symptoms.
▪ You have travelled interstate in the past 7 days AND have new respiratory symptoms.
▪ You have been in contact with a confirmed case AND have symptoms.
▪ You are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact AND have a fever (≥37.5) AND an acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat).

South Australia Police will continue to conduct random checks to ensure those required to self-isolate are doing so.

ℹ More information: https://bit.ly/2vESNiK
ℹ Self-isolation and quarantine: https://bit.ly/2xWFVoV
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Only if they class it as non essential, i think thats up for debate that could go either way

In no way does it compare to health/ police/ emergency services/ logistics

I have no doubt afl will plead their case though
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Jase wrote:Oldest son was supposed to be going on an Outdoor Ed camp to the Arapiles in Victoria tomorrow..

That's been postponed/cancelled...

We had church via Facebook live today... not often you can sit in church in your jocks eating bacon and eggs...

Could get used to that...

:)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jase this morning :lol:

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Our work are implementing body temp measurements and processes - infrared camera will scan workers on entry for temp 38 or higher
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY all people entering South Australia must isolate for 14-days from their arrival.

This applies to South Australians, other Australians and other travellers, and will be supported by border control from Tuesday 24 March at 4pm.

Exemptions will apply for essential transport including health and medical supplies, health personnel and patients, food and commercial supply chains (i.e. the carrying of goods), healthcare workers, near border interactions, travel of a relative/carer of a dependant individual, and for emergency services.

Other travellers (for example fly-in-fly-out workers in the mining industry or national level sporting teams) could be exempt from this provision provided they had approved disease control mechanisms in place.

The criteria for testing for COVID-19 has been expanded in South Australia from today to include anyone who has travelled from interstate in the last seven days and have new respiratory symptoms.

Please only present for testing if you fulfill the criteria:
▪ You have travelled overseas in the past 14 days AND have symptoms.
▪ You have travelled interstate in the past 7 days AND have new respiratory symptoms.
▪ You have been in contact with a confirmed case AND have symptoms.
▪ You are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact AND have a fever (≥37.5) AND an acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat).

South Australia Police will continue to conduct random checks to ensure those required to self-isolate are doing so.

ℹ More information: https://bit.ly/2vESNiK
ℹ Self-isolation and quarantine: https://bit.ly/2xWFVoV

Daughter gets home from Victoria tomorrow night. Our house goes into lockdown then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Mount a case for it being essential.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You can’t, they have to cancel/suspend now.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Whilst not essential i think you could make a very good case that is plays a part in alot of peoples mental health wellbeing more so than any other recreational activity in this country. That is pretty close to being essential, if any non health related activity was to be passed i wouldn't be to angry if it was the AFL.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:55 pm

You think we are getting all the information on this thing? How quickly and drastically measures have evolved over the past week are hard to process at times.

Then you hear things like a Chinese mobile carrier lost over a million customers practically over night, and speaking to a few Indian guys they said it's running rampant over there despite the numbers being communicated.

Reckon i'm almost at the point where this thing is beginning to actually scare me.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bandit » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:56 pm

Planned a 4wd & camping trip next weekend going to broken hill then north to cameron cnr (sa qld nsw intersection) then back into SA accross strzelecki track and home via flinders.

No way will they be checking us at cam cnr, we will camp out hence keeping to ourselves in nsw.

Thoughts? 14 days quarantine seems over the top given where we will travel and who we will come into contact with.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Booney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Bandit wrote:Planned a 4wd & camping trip next weekend going to broken hill then north to cameron cnr (sa qld nsw intersection) then back into SA accross strzelecki track and home via flinders.

No way will they be checking us at cam cnr, we will camp out hence keeping to ourselves in nsw.

Thoughts? 14 days quarantine seems over the top given where we will travel and who we will come into contact with.

Your social responsibility is to self isolate upon your return.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:02 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Whilst not essential i think you could make a very good case that is plays a part in alot of peoples mental health wellbeing more so than any other recreational activity in this country. That is pretty close to being essential, if any non health related activity was to be passed i wouldn't be to angry if it was the AFL.

What he said
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Booney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:You think we are getting all the information on this thing? How quickly and drastically measures have evolved over the past week are hard to process at times.

Then you hear things like a Chinese mobile carrier lost over a million customers practically over night, and speaking to a few Indian guys they said it's running rampant over there despite the numbers being communicated.

Reckon i'm almost at the point where this thing is beginning to actually scare me.

It is scary mate, people haven't taken this seriously enough for the last 10 days or so and now we're here. It's downright scary.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:You think we are getting all the information on this thing? How quickly and drastically measures have evolved over the past week are hard to process at times.

Im the first to admit im scared of what the future looks like because of Covid 19 both on a personal and global level.

Worried for my own job, worried what that means for my children, if even if i continue working whats the future for my kids.

I actually think this is going to get to a point in 6-9 months where we have to 'wipe' our hands of it and live with the risk.
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Bandit wrote:Planned a 4wd & camping trip next weekend going to broken hill then north to cameron cnr (sa qld nsw intersection) then back into SA accross strzelecki track and home via flinders.

Your social responsibility is to self isolate upon your return.

Why, if he doesnt see a single other person and is camping?
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion