Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:04 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:AFL is done with

Only if they class it as non essential, i think thats up for debate that could go either way

Mount a case for it being essential.

Whilst not essential i think you could make a very good case that is plays a part in alot of peoples mental health wellbeing more so than any other recreational activity in this country. That is pretty close to being essential, if any non health related activity was to be passed i wouldn't be to angry if it was the AFL.

Infection control at this point squashes any counter argument. It must.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Bandit

How will you get into NSW? Border is closed from Tuesday.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Bandit wrote:Planned a 4wd & camping trip next weekend going to broken hill then north to cameron cnr (sa qld nsw intersection) then back into SA accross strzelecki track and home via flinders.

No way will they be checking us at cam cnr, we will camp out hence keeping to ourselves in nsw.

Thoughts? 14 days quarantine seems over the top given where we will travel and who we will come into contact with.

Your social responsibility is to self isolate upon your return.
Added to that SA police are well aware that people will do the wrong thing and I would guess there will be extra patrols. NSW is also set to bring in similar procedures so you may get nabbed in Broken Hill anyway. The fines aren’t worth the risk
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bandit wrote:Planned a 4wd & camping trip next weekend going to broken hill then north to cameron cnr (sa qld nsw intersection) then back into SA accross strzelecki track and home via flinders.

No way will they be checking us at cam cnr, we will camp out hence keeping to ourselves in nsw.

Thoughts? 14 days quarantine seems over the top given where we will travel and who we will come into contact with.

Your social responsibility is to self isolate upon your return.
Added to that SA police are well aware that people will do the wrong thing and I would guess there will be extra patrols. NSW is also set to bring in similar procedures so you may get nabbed in Broken Hill anyway. The fines aren’t worth the risk

They will class Broken Hill as part of SA as they pretty much do now imo
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bandit » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:08 pm

DOC wrote:Bandit

They would let me in right, i just have to quarantine which i will be doing with my SA mates in the bush...
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:08 pm

At what expense though Booney? Genuine question.

If infection control meant a million aussies were going to be out of work is it worth is?
If it means 500,000 small businesses and household incomes are lost is it worth it?
If it means our country goes into the biggest financial crisis in its history for the next generation to clean up is it worth it?

As sad as it is there just has to be a cut off point just as much as there has to be infection control.

It's almost like the old question 'would you kill one life to save ten'

ps. alot of the older adults i've discussed this with would rather take the risk than see their children/grand children live in a country with no hope, no future.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Jase wrote:Oldest son was supposed to be going on an Outdoor Ed camp to the Arapiles in Victoria tomorrow..

That's been postponed/cancelled...

We had church via Facebook live today... not often you can sit in church in your jocks eating bacon and eggs...

Could get used to that...

:)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jase this morning [emoji38]

The physique and hair are pretty accurate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Bandit » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Bandit wrote:

They would let me in right, i just have to quarantine which i will be doing with my SA mates in the bush...

Actually fuelling up at a petrol station wont be quarantining so i guess i just answered my own question, cant be done.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Bandit wrote:

You have to sign a stat dec and give an address of where you intend to stay so the police can check in on you. If you are camping in the one spot for 14 days they might allow it
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:14 pm

At what point does a lockdown become 'inhumane' in it's own right.

Keeping in mind 'Home Detention' is still deemed as a legitimate punishment so harsh that is a deterrent to committing further crimes.

Yes as someone who is extremely social and lives an outdoor existence i am scare of a lengthy lockdown in my house, especially given i know many childhood friends who at various times have completed Home Detention. Its not all roses and rainbows especially once you get in a few months.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:15 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Victoria closing down all non essential industry over the next 48hrs with NSW to do likewise

unnecassary, what is non essential? Agriculture, business related to Agriculture, factories that process Ag? Are some items of AG considered non essential like Advocados, grapes, nuts, wine, bacon etc etc

NFF is all over this. Agriculture supply chain critical, so expect that to be business as usual.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:16 pm

whufc wrote:At what point does a lockdown become 'inhumane' in it's own right.

Keeping in mind 'Home Detention' is still deemed as a legitimate punishment so harsh that is a deterrent to committing further crimes.

Yes as someone who is extremely social and lives an outdoor existence i am scare of a lengthy lockdown in my house.
It’s not a complete lockdown as such. Grocery stores, petrol stations, pharmacies etc would still operate and people wouldn’t be confined to their homes
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Yes as someone who is extremely social and lives an outdoor existence i am scare of a lengthy lockdown in my house.
It’s not a complete lockdown as such. Grocery stores, petrol stations, pharmacies etc would still operate and people wouldn’t be confined to their homes

From what i understand only one person per family can leave to do shopping, petrol etc. Thats pretty confined if you ask me.
whufc
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Booney wrote:Daughter gets home from Victoria tomorrow night. Our house goes into lockdown then.

Let me know if you need me to drop you off beer in the next two weeks ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

From what i understand only one person per family can leave to do shopping, petrol etc. Thats pretty confined if you ask me.
Where has that been introduced?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:Daughter gets home from Victoria tomorrow night. Our house goes into lockdown then.

Let me know if you need me to drop you off beer in the next two weeks ;)

I will.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

And how would you police it?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

That is how it is working in Italy, Spain, France, Phillipenes etc who have all locked down. I naturally presume we would be following suit otherwise the Elizabeth City Shopping centre will have a line up all the way down the Main North Road to the city.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:23 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="whufc"]At what point does a lockdown become 'inhumane' in it's own right.

And how would you police it?[/quote]China and Italy use the police and military to enforce it but we are not anywhere near that here at this stage
Jim05
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:24 pm

whufc wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
whufc wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Was meant to go to Brisbane tomorrow for work for a night but have just cancelled that
I’m fortunate enough to be able to work from home, just hoping we don’t shut down all together as it will kill the business

The more and more you hear about businesses not being able to survive it makes you start to wonder at what consequences is to much

The million job loss figure that is getting spouted doesn’t seem so ridiculous.

Yep, it’s going to be a very tough time for a lot of people going forward. I know for sure this can cripple my work if we shut down and we turnover $10-15 mill per year. Can only imagine all the smaller businesses that are going to shut down and amount of people that will lose their jobs

What would even be the consequences of 1,000,000 Aussies losing their job.

Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion