Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pag » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Q. wrote:Scotty from Marketing who was off to the footy last week, tonight blames Australian's for the lockdown decision, where gyms close, but hairdressers don't and apparently kids don't spread the virus. Ugh, he is so out of his depth and this a total clusterphuck.

Absolutely Australians are to blame, look at the pictures of Bondi beach on Saturday.
Ive seen some good stoushes on facebook where people went ahead with 18ths and 21sts on the weekend in packed venues. Comments like im still going to live my life.... well maybe you wont have to worry about that either soon.

I imagine they want to avoid kids mixing with grand parents in the younger age bracket which is what would happen if Mum and Dad can still work. Also i imagine its easier to keep control of young teenagers in a school environment rather than them thumbing there nose at authority if left to their own devices at home. I dont know their thinking on that just a thought. Singapore got control of it and their kids went to school but with temperature testing at the front gate

This sort of comment is what has teachers believe they are just seen as the nation’s babysitters.

‘Have my kids because I don’t want to/can’t control them myself’ (not a shot at you in particular mate)
Last edited by Pag on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Just got a smack in perspective from one post on facebook. It read:

‘If lockdown happens my heart goes out to children who live in homes with abusive parents and empty fridges where school is their safe place’

Wowsers!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pag » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:31 pm

whufc wrote:Just got a smack in perspective from one post on facebook. It read:

‘If lockdown happens my heart goes out to children who live in homes with abusive parents and empty fridges where school is their safe place’

Wowsers!!

I’ve seen this a bit, and have dealt with this issue a lot in the past 10 years just sending kids home for a weekend or for school holidays.

Unfortunately our police and Department for Families don’t have the funding or resources to deal with these cases unless they are in the top 0.1% in terms of extremeties (ie death of child could be imminent).
Pag
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:36 pm

Q. wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Q. wrote:Scotty from Marketing who was off to the footy last week, tonight blames Australian's for the lockdown decision, where gyms close, but hairdressers don't and apparently kids don't spread the virus. Ugh, he is so out of his depth and this a total clusterphuck.

Absolutely Australians are to blame, look at the pictures of Bondi beach on Saturday.
Ive seen some good stoushes on facebook where people went ahead with 18ths and 21sts on the weekend in packed venues. Comments like im still going to live my life.... well maybe you wont have to worry about that either soon.

I imagine they want to avoid kids mixing with grand parents in the younger age bracket which is what would happen if Mum and Dad can still work. Also i imagine its easier to keep control of young teenagers in a school environment rather than them thumbing there nose at authority if left to their own devices at home. I dont know their thinking on that just a thought. Singapore got control of it and their kids went to school but with temperature testing at the front gate

Probably because a week ago the PM was telling everyone to go to the footy, go to a restaurant, go eat a Chinese meal :roll:

This is how a leader responds:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/03/coronavirus-new-zealand-s-covid-19-alert-systems-how-it-affects-kiwis.html

We have Phase 1. Phase 2 TBD :roll:

Reckon our Phase 1 is tougher than NZ Level 2 though??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:36 pm

Q. wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Probably because a week ago the PM was telling everyone to go to the footy, go to a restaurant, go eat a Chinese meal :roll:

This is how a leader responds:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/03/coronavirus-new-zealand-s-covid-19-alert-systems-how-it-affects-kiwis.html

We have Phase 1. Phase 2 TBD :roll:

I didnt mean to like it, if the new mark for a good leader is the NZ clown then we may as well just end the world now
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Pag wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

This sort of comment is what has teachers believe they are just seen as the nation’s babysitters.

‘Have my kids because I don’t want to/can’t control them myself’ (not a shot at you in particular mate)

No offence taken, dont have kids myself.
I could just imagine all the teenagers hanging out at Lizbeff shopping centre if they wernt at school
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Pag wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I could just imagine all the teenagers hanging out at Lizbeff shopping centre if they wernt at school

My own offspring was chucking a wobbly because he has a pupil-free day tomorrow and didn't understand why we wouldn't let him go to the shopping mall with his friends, "they're all going".

I then showed him the following snippet from the ABC website:
Parents who choose to have their children remain at home must take responsibility for those children, says the Prime Minister.
"It is not an excuse for kids to go down the shopping centre," the PM says, issuing a warning to parents that kids should not be out putting others at risk.

The son then apologised, saying that he understood.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pag » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:47 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Pag wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Probably, but Morrison has decided 2-3k people at the shops is still OK anyway, so no harm, no foul I suppose. As long as they don't want a quiet beer in the front bar of the Elizabeth Tavern. ;)
Pag
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:35 am

Jim05 wrote:Image

pretty simple, isn't it.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:38 am

Wowsers!!

yep, my other half works in one of those schools, inner suburban Adelaide, some of the things that happen there are unheard of, THIS particular school needs to be closed ASAP, they don't even have hand wash either, although they are telling everyone they practice recommended sanitation methods etc etc
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:20 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Wowsers!!

yep, my other half works in one of those schools, inner suburban Adelaide, some of the things that happen there are unheard of, THIS particular school needs to be closed ASAP, they don't even have hand wash either, although they are telling everyone they practice recommended sanitation methods etc etc

Not the only ones mate, my site ran out of hand sanitiser on Wednesday (1500 kids + 150 staff).

People would be shocked at the lack of hygiene in schools at the minute.
Pag
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:55 am

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:Gyms as well

My job tomorrow sadly is to stand down with out pay around 20 staff a combination of permenant and casual staff.

Not sure even I’m secure in my job, will need to take all my long service leave that was planned for the holiday

Life pretty much sucks at the moment

sorry to hear that mate, hope things can return to normal in a coupel weeks

Minimum month isn’t it?

Minimum 6 months.

If we go full lock down it won't be for two weeks, it will be for much longer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 am

I blame Australians too - yeah a month ago he might've encouraged people to keep living normal lives, but this has evolved in the past few weeks and everyone knew the requirements/social responsibility before the weekend.

All those people who have deliberately ignored the warnings because they know better are to blame.

Hell I even got an email Friday from the Woolshed (god knows how they got my email) saying they were open and could fit 500 people in like WTF?!

I have had a giggle today though, so many people going wild on FB about how their livelihood has been taken away today, total uproar over the closing of licensed venues etc.. but most of these people are also the same who have been sprouting the "it's not as bad as the flu" crap the past month also..

Drastic actions needed to get through to some thick idiots.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 am

I’ve sent the lad to High School today, thought I’d try and make life for him relatively normal. Only 5 kids in his first class

Picking him up at first break
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:14 am

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the bottle shops this week. People are going to go nuts and there will some crazy carry on by people stocking up on grog.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:16 am

Bum Crack wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the bottle shops this week. People are going to go nuts and there will some crazy carry on by people stocking up on grog.

Bottle shops can remain open.

Thank f*ck.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the bottle shops this week. People are going to go nuts and there will some crazy carry on by people stocking up on grog.

Thank f*ck.
No good if breweries are deemed non essential. Beer supply will be out in a month at this rate.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:20 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Thank f*ck.
No good if breweries are deemed non essential. Beer supply will be out in a month at this rate.

Surely categorised as a food, well Coopers Pale Ale is a meal in a bottle
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Thank f*ck.

Yep. There's gunna be some mayhem if they run out of piss. Toilet paper will have nothing on that.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby tigerpie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:23 am

The boffins are saying to up your zinc intake.
Beer has plenty!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion