Are you ok?

Anything!

Re: Are you ok?

Postby Brodlach » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:57 pm

People noticed Wubbzy, couple of threads mentioned it

Everyone is here for you mate.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Probably haven’t noticed but I haven’t been on here much. Honestly I haven’t been ok. Been a mess if I am being completely honest. I am mentally exhausted and I just want things to slow down for a second. Overthinking is literally doing my head in and not to mention anxiety. Got an appointment Friday to speak to my psych. I know I am a good person and I will be ok. But this past couple of weeks has been awful. I couldn’t tell you when the last time I felt “normal” was :(

My two beautiful girls are my rocks.

Head up mate, you’ll get there.
If you ever want a chat and a beer just yell out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:54 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Probably haven’t noticed but I haven’t been on here much. Honestly I haven’t been ok. Been a mess if I am being completely honest. I am mentally exhausted and I just want things to slow down for a second. Overthinking is literally doing my head in and not to mention anxiety. Got an appointment Friday to speak to my psych. I know I am a good person and I will be ok. But this past couple of weeks has been awful. I couldn’t tell you when the last time I felt “normal” was :(

My two beautiful girls are my rocks.

Your boys just won Wubsy, that should cheer you up. Life’s good!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:50 am

Definitely noticed your absence Wubz. Hang in there mate, as the other lads have said, we’re all here if you ever wanna chat mate.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:07 am

Doing it tough at the moment lads, doling it tough. Daughter has been in Victoria with her boyfriend for two weeks, comes back tonight, goes into 14 day isolation.

At this point :

Do we assume she is carrying the virus and we lock her down and we all go into lock down with her? I suspect any cleaning/infection control measures we put in place won't stop her passing it onto us ( if she has it ).

Do we assume she isn't carrying it and we just lock her in her room, clean like mad bastards and go about or normal business? This feels socially irresponsible and it feels like we are, in more ways than one, isolating her. She faces challenges in her own mind without being put in this position. I feel like doing this is an injustice to her and socially irresponsible.

I'm lost.

All in all a Dad just wants to give his girl a hug and at best I'm two weeks from doing that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 am

Tough one mate, and I dont think there is a clear answer.
Practice social distancing within reason and keep everything clean, that's all you can do.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:15 am

MW wrote:Tough one mate, and I dont think there is a clear answer.
Practice social distancing within reason and keep everything clean, that's all you can do.

From yesterday afternoon when the 14 day isolation period came into effect I've done nothing but consider the options in front of us.

We've got a responsibility to the community, our daughter, each other and our employers, just have to work out the order in which to place them. ( Employer is and will remain 4th in that line ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 am

I've got a work mate who's daughter has come back from overseas and in isolation. They moved out of their room so she is camping in their ensuite. She is coming out at meal times etc they are just making sure theyvwipe down everything she touches straight away.
Not sure there is a right answer.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 am

Having a bit of a meltdown this morning myself.. email received this morning, due to the current oil price and this ongoing virus, there are going to be job cuts.

Panicking because I rent - there are measures to help home owners, but I still gotta make bank to pay rent. Add in that if I don't lose my job, it'll be put on hold without pay for a period - means I cant get any government benefits either.. got a family to feed.. WTF do you do?! =((

This time last year was dealing with house crap, times I didn't think i'd get over that but I did and remained strong for my family.. but at the moment it just feels like one ******* thing after another constantly slamming me down.

Sometimes I just wanna cry.

#RantOver
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:42 am

Booney wrote:Doing it tough at the moment lads, doling it tough. Daughter has been in Victoria with her boyfriend for two weeks, comes back tonight, goes into 14 day isolation.

At this point :

Do we assume she is carrying the virus and we lock her down and we all go into lock down with her? I suspect any cleaning/infection control measures we put in place won't stop her passing it onto us ( if she has it ).

Do we assume she isn't carrying it and we just lock her in her room, clean like mad bastards and go about or normal business? This feels socially irresponsible and it feels like we are, in more ways than one, isolating her. She faces challenges in her own mind without being put in this position. I feel like doing this is an injustice to her and socially irresponsible.

I'm lost.

All in all a Dad just wants to give his girl a hug and at best I'm two weeks from doing that.

Everyone is different but as a father I couldn’t allow my kids to go through isolation by himself (herself). I think the thought of basically being in a room by themselves when others are able to go in and out would be very hard to deal with. I wouldn’t want to put mental health issues on the table (if you get what I mean)

Easy for me to say this as I’m not in your situation and I’m sure you’ll make the right decision for you and your family.

Give me a tap if you need a chat
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 am

The reality is most healthy adults are going to be fine if they get the virus (>90%)

Isolate her keep your distance practice good hand hygiene make it an experience you can look back on and laugh in years to come

All will be OK.

Got a mate in isolation in Alice. He’s doing daily meal reveals and video updates on his time in isolation. All pretty funny really.

I’m confident all will be OK mate.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:19 am

Mrs Boon is going to work from home for the next two weeks so there's someone in and around the house to talk to, through the door or from a distance and someone to clean up behind her as she goes.

We'll be right.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:25 am

That’s excellent, hope everything works out for the best
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:36 am

Booney wrote:Doing it tough at the moment lads, doling it tough. Daughter has been in Victoria with her boyfriend for two weeks, comes back tonight, goes into 14 day isolation.

At this point :

I'm lost.

Go into lockdown with her. Lockdown isn't the netflix and chill dream everyone is making it.

Keep in mind lockdown is essentially home detention. We use Home D as a form of punishment for criminals, there is a reason for that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 am

whufc wrote:

At this point :

I'm lost.

Go into lockdown with her. Lockdown isn't the netflix and chill dream everyone is making it.

Keep in mind lockdown is essentially home detention. We use Home D as a form of punishment for criminals, there is a reason for that.

Cos the gaols are full?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Corona Man » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:22 am

I am hearing you.

Son lives in SA with his wife, we are here in Melbourne. They are into their second week of "isolation" we haven't seen them since December, and they have been on honeymoon to Singapore & Japan since then. Borders closing, so even after their 2 weeks are done, we still can't see them.

Mrs C is fretting.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Sadly had to stand off 20 casual employees without pay today and not be able to give them answers on when there next dollar will be earnt.

I learn my fate tomorrow and sadly think i will get to see this week out and then that will be it until we are allowed to open up again. Absolutely hurts to know i had to do the 'dirty work' today only for myself to be in that positon in a week or two time.

Lucky i have two lots of LSL available to me and a plenty of savings thanks to a European adventure i cant go so i will 'survive'

Just gutted that putting a year on hold for the holiday is all gone and now that im going to have to use all my LSL etc (especially given i think this will be 3 months at least) the holiday of a lifetime is further away then it ever was.

When i didnt put effort in i never got hurt this so much so really struggling to see why i bother.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Thats real tough mate, your hard work may not give you the holiday you deserve right now but it has given you the buffer to get you and your family thru this, you should be proud of that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

whufc wrote:Sadly had to stand off 20 casual employees without pay today and not be able to give them answers on when there next dollar will be earnt.

I learn my fate tomorrow and sadly think i will get to see this week out and then that will be it until we are allowed to open up again. Absolutely hurts to know i had to do the 'dirty work' today only for myself to be in that positon in a week or two time.

Lucky i have two lots of LSL available to me and a plenty of savings thanks to a European adventure i cant go so i will 'survive'

Just gutted that putting a year on hold for the holiday is all gone and now that im going to have to use all my LSL etc (especially given i think this will be 3 months at least) the holiday of a lifetime is further away then it ever was.

When i didnt put effort in i never got hurt this so much so really struggling to see why i bother.

You bother because all your hard work is going to help get you and your family through the toughest time almost any living human can remember.

You should be proud of what you've been able to do in providing for your family.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Those who know me will know that I've had a pretty rough couple of days.

My old man was in a serious motorbike accident yesterday, during a memorial ride for a late member of their club. Have any of you ever heard the phone ringing, and just knew it was bad news?

Unfortunately the passenger on the other bike lost her life yesterday, and my dad is still in ICU. Dad's partner (and passenger on his bike) and the rider of the other bike suffered non-life threatening injuries. My younger sister and youngest brother raced to the Royal Adelaide, and all I was told was that his left leg was ******, and he was having what ended up being a 6 hour surgery to put steel and screws in it. He was placed in an induced coma last night.

So I went to visit him this morning, and I don't think I've ever been as floored, seeing him like that. The nurse said he was heavily sedated, but that he could possibly hear me if I wanted to talk to him. **** me, what do I say?

Due to the COVID-19 stuff, from now on only one person is allowed to see him for the duration of his stay. I figure he'll be in there a while. My brothers and sister decided that our youngest brother would be that person from now on, and that we'd all take turns to go with him for support.

On top of that, my wife is due back from overseas on Wednesday, and we'll have to deal with her being in self-isolation.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion