Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:33 am

I wonder what will happen in the country towns over Easter? Here for instance, we get shit loads of people in the region from Adelaide and you only have to look at Yorke Peninsula to see how many they get. Surely by then they won't be permitted to leave home at all unless absolutely essential.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 am

Bum Crack wrote:I wonder what will happen in the country towns over Easter? Here for instance, we get shit loads of people in the region from Adelaide and you only have to look at Yorke Peninsula to see how many they get. Surely by then they won't be permitted to leave home at all unless absolutely essential.
Correct.

Robe has already told out of towners to stay away as they believe their health services won't cope.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Bandit » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:38 am

Brodlach wrote:
Bandit wrote:So my outback 4wd trip is canned as it is "non essential travel" (~30 pages ago) but what travel is allowed?
Can i go to the beach - adhering to social distancing?
Can i visit family in my hometown 150km away?
Why is BCF still open if i cant B, C or F?
If people can travel to their PT class why shouldnt i be able to go on a camping trip. Mixed messages - just bite the bullet and shut it all down.

Perhaps go back and watch his speech again, you can do all those things in your home state, just not in big groups

Change your destination, go across to Dog Fence or Coober Pedy instead

I saw he said people should scrap all travel which isnt part of their standard routine, to me that means basically everything but shops and work. Pretty grey though.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby RB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 am

The Bedge wrote:It’ll be interesting though who listens to the advice to avoid social gatherings - coming home from work yesterday, still had the 30+ Indians playing cricket on the oval. :roll:
30+ playing cricket? Must've been a stacked field!
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 am

RB wrote:
The Bedge wrote:It’ll be interesting though who listens to the advice to avoid social gatherings - coming home from work yesterday, still had the 30+ Indians playing cricket on the oval. :roll:

Yep, but they are Indians, can't field, and spill more catches than they hold.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 am

A couple of thoughts and queries

While there are going to be bad luck stories everywhere, including some described on here, the one group I feel sorry for are those in there 70's and 80's who are currently still active, and get through corona-virus, but next year get sick and pass away from the normal causes of people that age do. I feel sorry that this is how they have had to spend what turns out to be their last year.

Second, if people are looking for work, can the government and petrol stations come to some agreement about a pay level below Award that would supplement the Newstart and have people pump petrol so not everyone is touching the pumps? Obviously have to be a special deal, because don't want all other businesses and industries undermining wage levels.

Is there any data on how many people within same families are catching this? There was one Italian family where an elderly parent and three middle-aged children died. When couples and families are sharing beds or enclosed spaces like cars?

At what point does inflation become a real problem, and combined with desparateness, and maybe bordeom, will lead to some of the mass anarchy or individual crimes we have seen in some of the less-well-off countries over the years?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Pag » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am

cracka wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:Weddings limited to 5 people, but PT groups can have 10 people?!

Scotty from Marketing is the definition of a clusterphuck.

Who gives a **** about weddings anyway.. and if it’s your great desire that you absolutely must get married right now then **** ya that’s your choice.

PT groups were limited to outdoors and same social distancing requirements plus as whuffer pointed out exercise/activity is good for maintaining sound mental health.. it ain’t all about the gains.

Funerals - yeah that sucks but meh.

Also these are limitations on allowances - it’s not to say that people are going to rush out and stay with their PT group, get their haircut every week or keep sending their kids to school.. I’m sick of reading crap about ScoMo should be doing this and that - there is absolutely nothing stopping people as individuals from avoiding that stuff themselves.

If you don’t wanna go to the shops then don’t.
If you don’t want your kids at school then don’t send them

Common sense.

Common sense can be a dangerous thing when not all people have it.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am

The Bedge wrote:

Who gives a **** about weddings anyway.. and if it’s your great desire that you absolutely must get married right now then **** ya that’s your choice.

Yep, anyone who gets upset by not being able to have their wedding now, well it shows how self-centred and selfish we have become.
You'll be able to have your wedding later.
It's not like those rushed weddings when a partner was going to to one of the World Wars (yet)
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

RB wrote:

6’s only with that field.
No need to run
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am

FlyingHigh wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yep, anyone who gets upset by not being able to have their wedding now, well it shows how self-centred and selfish we have become.
You'll be able to have your wedding later.
It's not like those rushed weddings when a partner was going to to one of the World Wars (yet)

If they defer their wedding do they get their money back?
Obviously lives are worth more than money but I wouldn’t be happy either if I lost a couple of grand deposit.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 am

RB wrote:

They play 15 a side - the rest sit on the sidelines waiting.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am

The Bedge wrote:

PT groups were limited to outdoors and same social distancing requirements plus as whuffer pointed out exercise/activity is good for maintaining sound mental health.. it ain’t all about the gains.

Funerals - yeah that sucks but meh.

Also these are limitations on allowances - it’s not to say that people are going to rush out and stay with their PT group, get their haircut every week or keep sending their kids to school.. I’m sick of reading crap about ScoMo should be doing this and that - there is absolutely nothing stopping people as individuals from avoiding that stuff themselves.

If you don’t wanna go to the shops then don’t.
If you don’t want your kids at school then don’t send them

You've missed the point - the directives are piecemeal and shifting. There is no clarity.

Take Boris' speech for example - clear and direct. Ardern's approach - clear and direct.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:20 am

Q. wrote:You've missed the point - the directives are piecemeal and shifting. There is no clarity.

Take Boris' speech for example - clear and direct. Ardern's approach - clear and direct.

Yeah fair enough, but I also wonder how people would've reacted if he came out two weeks ago and ruled with an iron fist.

Seems to me people will whinge, complain, nit pick anything and everything regardless.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 am

Q. wrote:piecemeal .

p.s. I like this word.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 am

Just had a meeting at work to discuss the on going situation with staff, one bloke who has openly called this all a sham when asked about what we just spoke about ( the restrictions the PM put in place last night ) said he didn't see it, he was at a family BBQ.

I may have to be spoken too by my boss, I unleashed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:26 am

The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:You've missed the point - the directives are piecemeal and shifting. There is no clarity.

Yeah fair enough, but I also wonder how people would've reacted if he came out two weeks ago and ruled with an iron fist.

Seems to me people will whinge, complain, nit pick anything and everything regardless.

Sure.

I reckon Boris is a nitwit, but he nailed his presser last night and the directive is clear:

The government guidance says people should only leave home for one of four reasons:

-Shopping for basic necessities such as food and medicine. Shopping trips should be as infrequent as possible
-One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk, or cycle. This should be done alone or only with people you live with
-Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents' homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school
-Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

Even when following the above guidance, people should minimise the amount of time spent out of their homes and should keep two metres (6ft) away from people they do not live with.
Last edited by Q. on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 am

Booney wrote:Just had a meeting at work to discuss the on going situation with staff, one bloke who has openly called this all a sham when asked about what we just spoke about ( the restrictions the PM put in place last night ) said he didn't see it, he was at a family BBQ.

But did you have a cricket bat?
Q.
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am

Booney wrote:Just had a meeting at work to discuss the on going situation with staff, one bloke who has openly called this all a sham when asked about what we just spoke about ( the restrictions the PM put in place last night ) said he didn't see it, he was at a family BBQ.

You need to start having someone film these things so that the rest of us can enjoy the show.

Bonus points if the camera person is also the recipient. "Just hold this phone for a second" Boom.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am

Q. wrote:

But did you have a cricket bat?

He’d be a twin scoop grey Nic for sure.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 am

tipper wrote:

You need to start having someone film these things so that the rest of us can enjoy the show.

Bonus points if the camera person is also the recipient. "Just hold this phone for a second" Boom.

If I said he was shitting himself it would be an understatement.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion