Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am

Part of communication from Unley High I thought was important people should know, especially the last point

Firstly I must apologise for the stress caused by the media reporting things incorrectly and the rumours from a range of sources that are just wrong. I need to respond:
 As I said in my letter yesterday the school is open and will not be closing until the Government say so.
Rumours said the school was closing to deliver the new online learning, this is incorrect.
 VET courses are still running. Vet teacher have worked hard to make accommodations around social
distancing and strict hygiene. These are practical competency based courses so they need to continue
for students to successfully pass.
 There have not been any more positive tests for COVID19. Rumour plus a report on at least one news
service were wildly incorrect.
 Students and staff who were originally isolated by SA Health early last week will complete their 14
days of isolation tomorrow (Thursday) and will be able to return into the community on Friday. At this stage all are healthy but I don’t want to jinx their last day.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:02 am

Brodlach wrote:Part of communication from Unley High I thought was important people should know, especially the last point

Firstly I must apologise for the stress caused by the media reporting things incorrectly and the rumours from a range of sources that are just wrong. I need to respond:
 As I said in my letter yesterday the school is open and will not be closing until the Government say so.
Rumours said the school was closing to deliver the new online learning, this is incorrect.
 VET courses are still running. Vet teacher have worked hard to make accommodations around social
distancing and strict hygiene. These are practical competency based courses so they need to continue
 There have not been any more positive tests for COVID19. Rumour plus a report on at least one news
 Students and staff who were originally isolated by SA Health early last week will complete their 14
days of isolation tomorrow (Thursday) and will be able to return into the community on Friday. At this stage all are healthy but I don’t want to jinx their last day.

But the haters grabbed it and ran it with glee

I am going to have to seriously reconsider safooty.net as my primary source of information.
Twitter looks more reliable
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:02 am

Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 am

My BIL Mum's funeral will occur once all this is done, she has been cremated so I guess that makes it easier, but a sensible practical decision, just cause it might be in a few months time doesn't mean her life can't be celebrated just as much.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Twitter looks more reliable

Twitter is actually a wonderful source of data at the moment.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 am

Brodlach wrote:Part of communication from Unley High I thought was important people should know, especially the last point

Me confused. If they were originally isolated early last week, how can they complete their 14 days tomorrow?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:16 am

25/03/2020 10am

Total 2,363

Today +217

Deaths 8

Recovered 134 (+16)

NSW 1,029 (+116)
VIC 466 (+55)
QLD 443 (+46)*
SA 170
WA 175
ACT 39
TAS 36
NT 5
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 am

JK wrote:

Me confused. If they were originally isolated early last week, how can they complete their 14 days tomorrow?

I know the teacher wasn’t at work on the Friday before they knew so maybe that is when the 14 days start?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:23 am

Very apparent that Japan was trying to protect the Olympics.
Only 112 tests done the day before it was postponed and 4069 tests have been done in the day since it was announced
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:25 am

Armchair expert wrote:Image

That guy has been beating up patients as well

https://twitter.com/fadidaeus/status/12 ... 33668?s=21
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am

Armchair expert wrote:Image
Lol, nothing like a bit of Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am

Jim05 wrote:Lol, nothing like a bit of Stone Cold Steve Austin

Reckon the masses actually realise?

Surely mankind isn't that dumb not to? :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:30 am

This idiot needs a month in Long Bay to think about his life

https://www.2gb.com/watch-imbecile-coug ... ronavirus/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:31 am

The Bedge wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Lol, nothing like a bit of Stone Cold Steve Austin

Reckon the masses actually realise?

Surely mankind isn't that dumb not to? :D

Plenty of effwits on Twitter fell for it
Then again, they think PVO is smart
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:36 am

Two people in critical care in the RAH with COVID-19
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 am

Booney wrote:Two people in critical care in the RAH with COVID-19

So bang on what’s expected (approx 1% of cases)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Just got news the ex (mother of my daughter) son has been tested this morning after passing out in the shower and recording a temp of 38.7, and an elevated heart rate and respiratory rate for his age/size.

Now to play the waiting game and find out.. interesting times.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 pm

I know I only have a little brain that struggles with a lot of these issues, but:

The CMO stated he was puzzled at why Covid-19 is mainly affecting people in the 20-39 year old age groups, rather than the expected 60+.

Studies in Vu, Wuhan, Massachusetts and Iceland have shown that most shedding is from people who are asymptomatic.

Studies have shown that most schoolchildren are asymptomatic.

Most school parents are in the20-39 year old age groups.

Possible connection??

On another note:
Schools in "Singapore have started closing down.

https://whichschooladvisor.com/singapor ... e-learning

'two of Singapore’s largest international schools have decided, unilaterally, to close and move to online learning.'

'However, we have now reached the point where we feel we should move to remote learning.
'
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:Just got news the ex (mother of my daughter) son has been tested this morning after passing out in the shower and recording a temp of 38.7, and an elevated heart rate and respiratory rate for his age/size.

Now to play the waiting game and find out.. interesting times.

Shit that’s not good.
Fingers crossed for him mate.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:16 pm

This was just refuted on ABC News. According to them:
Unley High IS moving to online learning from tomorrow, but will leave the school open for the few who will still attend physically.
110 students and 8 teachers are now in self-isolation.
Students have been asked to come in today to collect their books to take home so that they can work from home should they choose to.
Students and parents were interviewed collecting their books; it looks like it is definitely happening.

What the communication from Unley HIgh said is true, but it is putting somewhat of a spin on it, if ABC reports are correct. It is not officially 'closing' but urging students to work from home. It is remaining open but only for those who cannot support their children from home or choose to still send them. Most parents are choosing to access the online learning from home, it would seem.

The Principal also confirms the ABC report:

In a letter to parents, Principal Greg Rolton said the school would remain open to cater for the children of essential service workers.

He said the school would provide a supervised study environment where students could access the new online learning program.

In the letter, Mr Rolton said a high number of concerns had been raised by parents, with many choosing to keep children home.

"Parent concerns are high and now the Federal and State Governments have enacted the toughest measures in history to slow the impact of the COVID19 virus," he said.

"In this unprecedented and rapidly changing climate it is time for Unley High School to deliver education differently to support our community and keep everyone safe."
Last edited by bulldogproud on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion