Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:Starting to get rwally serious now. WA have brought in restrictions on booze purchases.
Now im considering panic buying....

WA is the most remote capital city in the world, they'll be getting hit hard by supply chain and freight delays, booze will be just one of the items they'll have to wait for.

According to the bloke being interviewed on the ABC right now, the booze restrictions have nothing to do with supply, but are intended to minimise issues that would draw police/emergency resources away from the COVID-19 management.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby tigerpie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:57 pm

locky801 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:If anyone was to leave their kids with the grandparents, they deserve a
kick in the arse.

Oh they're out there.
My ex who worked in childcare told me they found a bag of ice stuck inside a babies nappy when it got changed.
Some parents shouldn't be!

take it we are not talking about the frozen water ice :shock:

Well that would've been a bag of water :D
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jase » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Just found out, that not only are we providing online off campus lessons for those not attending classes...

We are also now providing online instrumental lessons... so of Little Johnny is learning the guitar he can keep learning online with his instrumental teacher...

What a time to be alive...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:This is the problem
My brother had a dry cough but no fever or a temperature.
The doctor said he didn't have it but tested anyway. A few days later he gets a phone call :shock:
14 days of it and he still doesn't have a temperature (in fact any symptoms now) but is still testing positive.
He's running on a treadmill for 2 hours every day

Temperature testing does not work if you don't have a high temperature and not all infected people have a temperature

Fascinating! The virus lives from one extreme to another.

Imagine how many asymptomatic kids are still at school :shock:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:In breaking news, we are moving to online teaching from Wednesday next week and asking students to stay at home unless they cannot have their child adequately cared for otherwise.

We'll find out how much is involved in online teaching Wednesday I guess. Look forward to seeing if you still have time for 10000 posts a day.

Sorry, just a two minute break to reply to this comment:

For starters, I am officially on sick leave, awaiting Covid-19 test results.
Secondly, I prepared and taught an online Accounting lesson this morning.
Thirdly, I would normally only be at school from 9:55am until 12:05pm today - my part-time day (only 0.73FTE)
Fourthly, I was working until 4:00am last night
Fifthly, I have drafted 11 assignments already today
Sixthly, apart from my online lesson, this is my only contact with the outside world - fourth day of self-isolation!

You responded to this before. Unnecessary to respond twice. U going for the posting record?

Ja, Mein Fuhrer, I desist!
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Booney wrote:SA COVID Update 25/3

170 up to 197 cases today. 27 new cases today.

2 people in ICU, both in their 70's, both in serious but stable condition.

At least that is a slowing increase compared to the previous few days, thankfully
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:39 pm

Q. wrote:
The doctor said he didn't have it but tested anyway. A few days later he gets a phone call :shock:
14 days of it and he still doesn't have a temperature (in fact any symptoms now) but is still testing positive.

Temperature testing does not work if you don't have a high temperature and not all infected people have a temperature

This is what concerned me and why I posted a lot - to try to get people to realise how serious the school situation was. Most shedders are asymptomatic; most young people are asymptomatic. Covid-19 in asymptomatic people is very scary, like a stealth bomber going undetected until it strikes someone who it can do some nasty work on. A lot of teachers in schools are over 50 and with various risk factors (e.g. diabetic, high blood pressure)
I better go, reached my daily limit of posts imposed by Mein Fuhrer Bum Crack ;)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:44 pm

On the radio this arvo some expert modeled that if 80% of the population practiced social distancing the virus will eventually die out.

Yet said closing schools would only have a minor impact
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:We are in an new environment, things are going to be changed for ever due to this, we are actually going to find new efficiencies by accident which businesses and governments will take into the future. Government, just like Business, will need to make cuts, education is not immune to this.

I was saying this yesterday. We utilise Microsoft Teams to conduct a lot of internal meetings, but are now expanding it externally. Normally I would do in-person tech updates, but have already begun conducting them via webinar format. May well end up being a more permanent practice when life returns to normal!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:13 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Q. wrote:
Pag wrote:The fact that ScoMo was literally able to say that Australians can’t get a tan or a tattoo, but can still get a haircut, with 1.5m appropriate social distancing, just summed it up for me really. :roll:

Everyone still working is an essential worker apparently. Not sure the chicks in the make-up section at Myer are essential but what would we know? Surely it’s just encouraging morons to head to the shops when they don’t need to.

I genuinely don’t know where we go from here.

Weddings limited to 5 people, but PT groups can have 10 people?!

Scotty from Marketing is the definition of a clusterphuck.

Hold the wedding in a school but have everyone kneel to look like children... then you can have 100 people there!

Are you his mate?
Attachments
TKMP.png
TKMP.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I wish you were teaching at the moment.

I am teaching at the moment; marking a lot of Year 12 drafts and delivering lessons online.

Am I being paid for it though? No

Anyone taking leave due to Covid-19 is placed on sick leave and not paid their standard wage; whether it be whilst we are in self-isolation, or a conscious decision to not want to infect others by continuing to work.

I am still doing all I would in my normal role, but not being paid. That is the least of my worries though.

Cheers

This may have been responded to later in this thread, but; how come you don't get paid your normal wage whilst on sick leave? (That's appalling if true BTW)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:26 pm

32540A25-A575-44C0-9141-3DFCBF25C508.jpeg
32540A25-A575-44C0-9141-3DFCBF25C508.jpeg (52.66 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Good news...maybe?
Wuhan today had it's first new case in a week, but are now going to relax restrictions.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:49 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Q. wrote:

This is what concerned me and why I posted a lot - to try to get people to realise how serious the school situation was. Most shedders are asymptomatic; most young people are asymptomatic. Covid-19 in asymptomatic people is very scary, like a stealth bomber going undetected until it strikes someone who it can do some nasty work on. A lot of teachers in schools are over 50 and with various risk factors (e.g. diabetic, high blood pressure)
I better go, reached my daily limit of posts imposed by Mein Fuhrer Bum Crack ;)

Good boy :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 pm

Fair chance he'll need to cure something else if offer is accepted.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:42 pm

bulldogproud wrote:

Mate its not just schools that have risks, for some teachers they are only exposed to 30 kids for the day, some other workers are exposed to hundreds every day, think about Centrelink workers currently for example.

I appreciate everything Teachers do for our kids, they are really committed to their jobs, but gee don't we hear about it when things don't got their way.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

Mate its not just schools that have risks, for some teachers they are only exposed to 30 kids for the day, some other workers are exposed to hundreds every day, think about Centrelink workers currently for example.

I appreciate everything Teachers do for our kids, they are really committed to their jobs, but gee don't we hear about it when things don't got their way.

Couldnt agree more! Think of Woolies, Foodland staff etc. At least teachers have somewhat control over the people within their space.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

Oh no! Here's your 1000 pages Booney
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:14 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:A couple of thoughts and queries

While there are going to be bad luck stories everywhere, including some described on here, the one group I feel sorry for are those in there 70's and 80's who are currently still active, and get through corona-virus, but next year get sick and pass away from the normal causes of people that age do. I feel sorry that this is how they have had to spend what turns out to be their last year.

Second, if people are looking for work, can the government and petrol stations come to some agreement about a pay level below Award that would supplement the Newstart and have people pump petrol so not everyone is touching the pumps? Obviously have to be a special deal, because don't want all other businesses and industries undermining wage levels.

Is there any data on how many people within same families are catching this? There was one Italian family where an elderly parent and three middle-aged children died. When couples and families are sharing beds or enclosed spaces like cars?

At what point does inflation become a real problem, and combined with desparateness, and maybe bordeom, will lead to some of the mass anarchy or individual crimes we have seen in some of the less-well-off countries over the years?

=P~ =P~

I'm sure we could come to some reciprocal arrangement

Do you want me to fill you up?

DB48C982-0D35-4517-8B46-77BE91815A49.jpeg
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:In breaking news, we are moving to online teaching from Wednesday next week and asking students to stay at home unless they cannot have their child adequately cared for otherwise.

Certainly hope this doesn't enable parents to leave the kids with grandparents.

THIS ^^^^^^ is one of the reasons why they dont want to shut schools.

My in-laws are in their 80's and, being part of the Silent Generation, they don't understand the fuss and aren't taking all precautions.
My FIL is as tough as an old boot and strong as an ox. He's an ex-Nasho and rowed until he was 75. He still uses 10kg dumbbells every morning. He just looks at me if I tell him to look after himself. I regularly get home to find him on the roof fixing something or up a tree.
MIL is not as fit but is still healthy as. The problem is these people have that English attitude to threats because they've been through wars and everything. Their biggest problem is dealing with mobile phones. Coronavirus? Pffft!

They're the people I worry about with this.

I'm lucky my kids are old enough and dont have kids themselves to worry about but I do understand the problem
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion