Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 am

Booney wrote:

Is this the end of the cruise industry as we know it?

If and when would you ever get on a cruise ship again?

We had been considering one for December, there is no way we will ever board a ship now
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am

Booney wrote:

If the price is right the masses will go.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am

Booney wrote:

A normal cruise has never interested me but for some places like Norway, Alaska, Argentina, the Panama Canal etc where areas are inaccessible to other forms of transport then a cruise is the only option so yeah I’d probably go on one of those but no chance of me cruising the Pacific or anything like that
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 am

We were booked to leave adelaide on a cruise to nz on 6 april. Obviously not happening now, but we will rebook it at some point.

Its either rebook it or lose all the money we spent on accomodation, car hire and flights back to adelaide. The cruise company offered a refund, but everything else only offered cresit to be spent again within 12 months.

Was going to be our first ever trip overseas too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby cracka » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:28 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

A normal cruise has never interested me but for some places like Norway, Alaska, Argentina, the Panama Canal etc where areas are inaccessible to other forms of transport then a cruise is the only option so yeah I’d probably go on one of those but no chance of me cruising the Pacific or anything like that

The wife & I were looking at one of the European river cruises. I think that will be the only type I'd get her to go on now.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

The wife & I were looking at one of the European river cruises. I think that will be the only type I'd get her to go on now.
They look nice and we have often considered one but haven’t got around to it. We have driven most of those same routes and reckon you see just as much and I do also prefer driving.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:46 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Should I feel guilty going for a walk with the missus every morning? I swear people have driven past us shaking their heads the cockheads.

We’re doing it each day.
10am walk to get takeaway coffees.
Keep your distance but you need exercise.

Even in the full shutdowns in the UK you are still allowed to exercise outdoors.

I went for a bike ride last night, first one for over a week, don't underestimate the mental health benefits of exercise.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:47 am

Bum Crack wrote:Should I feel guilty going for a walk with the missus every morning? I swear people have driven past us shaking their heads the cockheads.

I don't think you should feel bad.

I live in Blyth (population 300 people), we have massive wide roads as essentially its a trucking and farming town so no issue social distancing.

In an attempt to life the spirits of the younger kids in the town who really don't 'get it' the majority of houses have hidden one teddy bear either inside of their window or somewhere in the front yard. They can now go for a walk with social distancing in mind and try and spot the teddy bears. Every couple of days and night we are swapping the 'teddy bear' and where it is located. My kids West Ham teddy bears are getting a fair showing.

The thought was that it is almost impossible to keep the kids locked up for 24 hours a day and at least this provided the kids with some much needed exercise but also keeps in mind they cant really be touching/grabbing things such as a playground.

The kids are loving it.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 am

bulldogproud wrote:.

BP - those risks for teachers are real no doubt, but not different to many other people playing critical roles in their community, you don't seem to make that link.

BTW have you got your results back yet?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 am

Dutchy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

We’re doing it each day.
10am walk to get takeaway coffees.
Keep your distance but you need exercise.

Even in the full shutdowns in the UK you are still allowed to exercise outdoors.

I went for a bike ride last night, first one for over a week, don't underestimate the mental health benefits of exercise.

This 100%
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 am

Dutchy wrote:

BP - those risks for teachers are real no doubt, but not different to many other people playing critical roles in their community, you don't seem to make that link.

Dutchy, still no results yet - which is frustrating, as I feel pretty well, apart from an asthmatic cough.
My reasons for not keeping schools open are not so much for teachers, Dutchy, I agree with what you say on that. I think my very very very very very very long rant pretty much spells out all my reasoning. My plan is not to say anything more on it on here - I have done all I can.
Last edited by bulldogproud on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am

In further pressing developments, the instruction for hairdressers regarding 30 minutes per patron will be lifted (effective immediately), but that the 4sqm rule per person must be strictly observed within the premises.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am

Q. wrote:In further pressing developments, the instruction for hairdressers regarding 30 minutes per patron will be lifted (effective immediately), but that the 4sqm rule per person must be strictly observed within the premises.

30 mins?
I’m in and out in 10
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 am

Q. wrote:In further pressing developments, the instruction for hairdressers regarding 30 minutes per patron will be lifted (effective immediately), but that the 4sqm rule per person must be strictly observed within the premises.

Weird last night, I was driving South Road at 9.45pm between Flaggy and Morphett Vale to pick up my son from work, roads dead, except I noticed 2 separate Hairdressing Salons open with a number of people in each of them getting their hair done!

Panic hairdressing? are people that vain that they need to get their hair done before a shit down? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am

bulldogproud wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Dutchy, still no results yet - which is frustrating, as I feel pretty well, apart from an asthmatic cough.
My reasons for not keeping schools open are not so much for teachers, Dutchy, I agree with what you say on that. I think my very very very very very very long rant pretty much spells out all my reasoning. My plan is not to say anything more on it on here - I have done all I can.

We disagree, that happens in life, in fact this place would be boring if we didn't have these discussions.

Hope you hang around, people are finding this a much better outlet than SM.

Let us know when you get your results.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am

Dutchy wrote:

Weird last night, I was driving South Road at 9.45pm between Flaggy and Morphett Vale to pick up my son from work, roads dead, except I noticed 2 separate Hairdressing Salons open with a number of people in each of them getting their hair done!

Panic hairdressing? are people that vain that they need to get their hair done before a shit down? :lol:

Wouldn't do that myself but in fairness I think the confidence from a haircut helps some people with their mental health in the same way fitness helps people with mental health.

For some it may be a chance to get 30 minutes away from the kids and have an adult conversation etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 am

tipper wrote:We were booked to leave adelaide on a cruise to nz on 6 april. Obviously not happening now, but we will rebook it at some point.

Its either rebook it or lose all the money we spent on accomodation, car hire and flights back to adelaide. The cruise company offered a refund, but everything else only offered cresit to be spent again within 12 months.

We’re at Level 4 now
If you’re insured (with the right insurer) & depending on when you booked it, you should be covered
Never buy cheap travel insurance. Chubb are still the best.
I buy it for all my family because I know who’ll end up paying if it doesn’t work.
Many policies exclude cover if you get hurt whilst pi$$ed. That never happens on holidays :shock:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Spargo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:08 am

amber_fluid wrote:

30 mins?
I’m in and out in 10

He’s talking hairdressers, not massage parlours...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:08 am

We're booked for a cruise departing Singapore in January. Paid for flights. Hopefully it's all done by then. Think we'll need it for the mental health break but we're scheduled for the Grand Princess, which had cases and was stuck off the California coast. We shall see.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
tipper wrote:We were booked to leave adelaide on a cruise to nz on 6 april. Obviously not happening now, but we will rebook it at some point.

We’re at Level 4 now
If you’re insured (with the right insurer) & depending on when you booked it, you should be covered
Never buy cheap travel insurance. Chubb are still the best.
I buy it for all my family because I know who’ll end up paying if it doesn’t work.
Many policies exclude cover if you get hurt whilst pi$$ed. That never happens on holidays :shock:
Cruise was booked well before all this shit. However other things werent booked until later, and insurance wasnt purchased till later as well, so no deal. We rebook or we lose it all

tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion