Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Booney wrote:The last week of this term, the 4 days leading up to Good Friday and the start of holidays, will be pupil free days however schools will be open for people who are unable to host children at home or in care.

We had to split up kids from one class across other classes yesterday as their teacher was out and couldn't get a reliever, and had to do it for two classes today. I'm hearing this was the same across a lot of schools will only increase from this point on, was starting to force the government's hand.
Last edited by Pag on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Question: We have a blended family, with shared care between parents (myself and my ex, my partner and her ex).. we have decided to stay home from now on, kids school stuff is all sorted for online learning/lectures etc... Suggestions on how to approach this in terms of care arrangements? Is it wrong to "cancel" them for a while and resort to measures like phone calls/face time?

My daughter is with her mum during the week and with us on weekends.
My partners daughters are the opposite - with us during the week, with dad on weekends.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Question: We have a blended family, with shared care between parents (myself and my ex, my partner and her ex).. we have decided to stay home from now on, kids school stuff is all sorted for online learning/lectures etc... Suggestions on how to approach this in terms of care arrangements? Is it wrong to "cancel" them for a while and resort to measures like phone calls/face time?

My partners daughters are the opposite - with us during the week, with dad on weekends.

Should probably stay how it is at the moment I would have thought. Your daughter stays with mum and your partner's kids stay with you guys until it all sorts itself out. That's just my opinion though of course.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Question: We have a blended family, with shared care between parents (myself and my ex, my partner and her ex).. we have decided to stay home from now on, kids school stuff is all sorted for online learning/lectures etc... Suggestions on how to approach this in terms of care arrangements? Is it wrong to "cancel" them for a while and resort to measures like phone calls/face time?

Should probably stay how it is at the moment I would have thought. Your daughter stays with mum and your partner's kids stay with you guys until it all sorts itself out. That's just my opinion though of course.

Why?
If the kids are going to school anyway I don’t think it matters if they change between families.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:38 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Why?
If the kids are going to school anyway I don’t think it matters if they change between families.

Yeah it's just my opinion lol. What if one of the parents gets it though? I would have got shot down if I said swap em over etc and then I would have been called irresponsible. I suggest the sensible approach and still get questioned. Man, I can't win :lol:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Thanks to JK for posting this article on FB, a good read:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nobel-prize-winner-says-virus-curve-will-flatten-in-couple-of-weeks-20200324-p54dib.html?fbclid=IwAR2Ojlssei8mCcSEHLEUsc-TH3Pg9nhiJpGnpSf2iMcaW9tHG6RuKKu7K6c

I particularly like this part:

Other urgent clinical work is needed, not just a vaccine, he says. For example, "we need a rapid antibody test for people who've had the virus and recovered".

Why? Because such people, who may not have shown any symptoms and not know that they've had the virus, "are perfectly okay to go out and work and live and do anything - they won't spread the disease".

Some 20-30 per cent of the population probably will fall into this category eventually. They could constitute an speedily available workforce and alleviate the economic problem.

Hopefully we can begin the economic recovery sooner than is being suggested.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Yeah it's just my opinion lol. What if one of the parents gets it though? I would have got shot down if I said swap em over etc and then I would have been called irresponsible. I suggest the sensible approach and still get questioned. Man, I can't win :lol:

Opinions are like Bum Cracks.
Q.
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Why?

Yeah it's just my opinion lol. What if one of the parents gets it though? I would have got shot down if I said swap em over etc and then I would have been called irresponsible. I suggest the sensible approach and still get questioned. Man, I can't win :lol:

That’s the problem there’s no real right or wrong.
Gonna be interesting time’s ahead
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Q. wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Yeah it's just my opinion lol. What if one of the parents gets it though? I would have got shot down if I said swap em over etc and then I would have been called irresponsible. I suggest the sensible approach and still get questioned. Man, I can't win :lol:

Hairy?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Q. wrote:Thanks to JK for posting this article on FB, a good read:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nobel-prize-winner-says-virus-curve-will-flatten-in-couple-of-weeks-20200324-p54dib.html?fbclid=IwAR2Ojlssei8mCcSEHLEUsc-TH3Pg9nhiJpGnpSf2iMcaW9tHG6RuKKu7K6c

I particularly like this part:

Other urgent clinical work is needed, not just a vaccine, he says. For example, "we need a rapid antibody test for people who've had the virus and recovered".

Why? Because such people, who may not have shown any symptoms and not know that they've had the virus, "are perfectly okay to go out and work and live and do anything - they won't spread the disease".

Some 20-30 per cent of the population probably will fall into this category eventually. They could constitute an speedily available workforce and alleviate the economic problem.

Hopefully we can begin the economic recovery sooner than is being suggested.

‘Twas nice to read a hopeful publication for a change. Cheers for chucking it on here mate, I’d meant to but got caught up
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Q. wrote:

Hairy?

Sweaty
Q.
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:53 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Why?

Because going from home to school is exposing you to two environments.

Going from home to school to another home is exposing yourself to 3 environments and exposing the two homes to each other.

#riskmanagement
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:59 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Why?

Our kids wont be going to school moving forward.
It's certainly a tough one, I don't want to impact the kids/other parents but at the same time don't want to create a greater risk in my household.

If I had confidence the other parents were following tight measures i'd feel more comfortable, but they're a bit cowboy about the whole thing - step-daughters dad thinks it's all a hoax and my daughters mum is more concerned with her social life and money.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Q. wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Q. wrote:

Hairy?

Sweaty

They stink
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm

I have just delivered a lecture to an empty theatre. That was surreal.

The whole thing was recorded (voice and computer screen) for the students to watch offline.

Next week I might do it naked. No-one's gonna know....
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Why?

Because going from home to school is exposing you to two environments.

Going from home to school to another home is exposing yourself to 3 environments and exposing the two homes to each other.

#riskmanagement

Good to see Booney's on Team Bum Crack :lol:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Pseudo wrote:I have just delivered a lecture to an empty theatre. That was surreal.

The whole thing was recorded (voice and computer screen) for the students to watch offline.

Next week I might do it naked. No-one's gonna know....

How's the carpet behind the lecturn? Itchy....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Understand some won't agree.

Just found I cant claim any Centrelink money for being dropped down to 0.6 until I have used all my Annual Leave and Long Service Leave first.

That sucks. There pretty much goes our holiday once this crisis is over.

Personally feel permenant employees have been a tad screwed over during this period.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:17 pm

whufc wrote:Understand some won't agree.

Just found I cant claim any Centrelink money for being dropped down to 0.6 until I have used all my Annual Leave and Long Service Leave first.

Personally feel permenant employees have been a tad screwed over during this period.

Yup, it's shit - same happened to me when I left my last job a while back.. also had to wait a certain period of time.

Shouldn't have declared it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Understand some won't agree.

Yup, it's shit - same happened to me when I left my last job a while back.. also had to wait a certain period of time.

Shouldn't have declared it.

I haven't as yet, just spoke to a fellow worker who was trying through Centrelink.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion